What kind of module would you like to see after BoN?

What kind of module would you like to see after BoN?  

441 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of module would you like to see after BoN?

• Battle of France
    • Battle of Britain
    • Early Pacific carrier ops
    • Mid-late Pacific Land ops
    • Italy 1943
    • Late eastern front
    • Korea
    • Battle of Finland

2 hours ago, 216th_Cat said:

Fiat CR 42

Fiat G.50bis

Macchi MC.200

Ju87B2 or R5

Cant Z.1007bis or Savoia SM.79

versus

PZL P.24

Gloster Gladiator II

Hawker Hurricane I

Fairey Battle

Bristol Blenheim I/IF or IV

Collector Pack:

Bloch MB151

Henschel Hs123 or Potez 63 or Fairey Swordfish

Henschel Hs126

Dornier Do17Z

Cant Z.1007bis or Savoia SM.79 or Fiat BR.20 or Vickers Wellington

This must be the best wishlist of all times. I fly with him all the time and never noticed this wisdom ,🤗

2 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

This must be the best wishlist of all times. I fly with him all the time and never noticed this wisdom ,🤗

Here's a bit more then! 😉

Epirus suggested map area. Roughly the same size as the Kuban map inc. loads of sea and plenty of mountains. Crying out for float/seaplanes which is why I've included the Gulf of Preveza at the bottom. Cheers.

piuTSSJ.jpg

Edited by 216th_Cat
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm with the late Eastern Front as my primary suggestion, sure'd love to fly the La-7! Earlier Western Front, maybe even BoB or France. I know the PTO is out of the question, but we can dream. To fly an A6M2-21, what fun that'd be...I could pretend to be Sakai, finally. Again, just dreamin'. 😉 

I would rather have Berlin '45.

I am not sure this games engine is equipped to handle the altitudes nor bomber aircraft (B-29s, B-36s and B-47s).

... Only in the latter stages of the Korean War, when we received the F-86F, could we raise this altitude factor to 35,000 feet.

honestly I would really like them pulling a complete and total surprise move, something noone sees coming, like idk, Battle of Fulda or something. A good IL-2 level sim about the fulda gap would be so cool 🤤 (or rolling thunder! or first generation hand-me-down fighter jets in 1960s Africa!)

more realistically, Italy, pacific, or France would all be cool

• Haha 1
On 26/9/2020 at 3:55, Donik said:

Tarde para esta fiesta, pero me quedaría con FC v2 primero, Finlandia en segundo lugar, la Guerra Civil española en tercer lugar y Francia en último lugar. Finlandia por esa estructura de avión sexy I-15/153 y todo lo maravilloso del biplano de la Segunda Guerra Mundial. Es como la combinación perfecta de WW1 / WW2. Junto con un mapa bastante único. También potencialmente obtendrías el Buffalo. ¿Cómo no amar ese avión? CW español para más acción biplano con un mapa diferente, y Francia solo para tener el d.520 en el motor IL-2GB. Honestamente, muchos de esos monoplanos franceses simplemente se ven malvados. Realmente soy un fanático de las cosas de la guerra temprana. La guerra tardía desde cualquier área es genial y todo, pero hay tanto poder en esos fuselajes que siento que es un campo totalmente diferente a luchar en las cosas más antiguas. Probablemente soy un bicho raro. 😄 

La Guerra Civil Española👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Pacific or bust for me and most other Westerners. I would prefer land ops over carriers for sure (would love to have the p-40 engine limits fixed and later variants like the K or N added) and would love to seeany of  Darwin, New Guinea, Burma, and Guadalcanal done with Great Battles graphics and quality. I am so tired of only being able to go against Germans on the axis side.

On 10/15/2020 at 7:30 AM, Semor76 said:

None of them. Forget about carrier ops. They get boring very quickly with hours of flying over endless waters. I prefer the Burma campaign. It´s the the most feasible module for a pacific scenario.

BtW..I want my KI-43 Back! Fighting angry tea bags over the green hell..those lovely times with the classic IL-2 series.

6052_72178.jpg

I agree...Burma, Darwin, Guadalcanal, or New Guinea would be amazing. Midway sounds meh, unless it included other maps and territories to fight over like Pearl Harbor and Wake Island. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Personally I think the Pacific option may still be a ways off, and  BoB would likely compete with CoD. The problem with a late war Eastern Front is what Axis aircraft do you use, are we going to get three more variants of the 109 and 190. I agree there are still some great Russian aircraft like the La-7 and Yak-3. I think Italy or Finland makes the most sense because we can have completely new aircraft from the Allies and Axis with Finnish Aircraft and Italian Aircraft, some of these aircraft could also be used in other campaigns

On 9/15/2020 at 6:22 AM, Eisenfaustus said:

Is TF planning to do the battle of France?

We already have a 10-mission campaign focusing on GC I/3 flying D.520s near Abbeville and Amiens from late May to early June 1940.

• 2 weeks later...

Mediteranean Theater !

Over the Aegeis we could use the Bristol Beaufighter with good effort   😉

But that ist the case for nearly every Theater of WW II   🤣

Cheers

Doc

Edited by Docholiday
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, LLv24_Sukka24 said:

As we are already getting the Gulf of Finland map, i voted for early pacific. Though it would be nice to have a planepack or at least few collector planes for Finland and Soviets.

Who says it's going to be an collector map, just some food for thought.

2 hours ago, LLv24_Sukka24 said:

As we are already getting the Gulf of Finland map, i voted for early pacific. Though it would be nice to have a planepack or at least few collector planes for Finland and Soviets.

Jason or Devs have announced samething about this?

Don t remember

14 hours ago, Beebop said:

We are

Where did you see this? 

BlackSix mentioned the free novosokolniki map which seems present in the ME now, it's in the north west of the soviet area ..

Quick and dirty mission test below, but there seems no Baltic sea nor any default groups yet ...

rural winter only it seems, nice with birch trees?

ADDED: the mission below has a TC T34 tank as player, you'll have to replace that in the ME for a standard Kv1s if you don't have Tank Crew.

- Novosokolniki TEST.zip

Edited by jollyjack
2 hours ago, jollyjack said:

BlackSix mentioned the free novosolniki map which seems present in the ME now, it's in the north west of the svoviet area .

I just discovered it and am making a rudimentary Continuation War theme mission on it.

Found several areas where trees are in rail tracks and objects are too close to the rails.  Overall though it seems like a nice winter map.

Assuming those who voted read the question as intended (vote for all kind of modules you would like to see after BoN) the results until now are quite surprising.

Of the 421 voters so far only 1/3 would actually want a pacific carrier ops scenario.

Every other option has even less votes. From reading the forum I was under the impression that pacific was the wish of the majority of users...

This poll suggests none of the options above would have a majority behind them...

A lot of sympathy to the devs - we are a hard to please crowd, aren't we?

16 minutes ago, Eisenfaustus said:

Assuming those who voted read the question as intended (vote for all kind of modules you would like to see after BoN) the results until now are quite surprising.

Of the 421 voters so far only 1/3 would actually want a pacific carrier ops scenario.

Every other option has even less votes. From reading the forum I was under the impression that pacific was the wish of the majority of users...

This poll suggests none of the options above would have a majority behind them...

A lot of sympathy to the devs - we are a hard to please crowd, aren't we?

The majority of wishes from users would be, when comparing rise of flight forum users, 

to start putting MORE planes into flying circus. Bring it up to the level of quality of planes.  One can only dogfight the same options so many times. And start expanding the overall plane to a standard matching WIngs over Flanders Fields.  

Throw in all types of airships, german, english, italian, etc. Put in some major dirigible raids on england. 

Give us control of ww1 tanks. more types. Its nice shooting out mark v's, but a whippet or the big german tanks would be gooder.

Finnish war tank battles, some excellent combat in that. 

overhaul the game controls. SEPERATE the planes from the tanks.  Make the controls STAY how you set them.

You put alot of time into doing ships i hear for Kuban and Tobruk, some submarine warfare would be excellent. Even russian customers would like sinking german ships

Although to be honest, thinking about it. The mediteranean is the only logical expansion for the next instalment of the game. 

1. its featuring the same planes used in everything else. Sure tobruk/cliffs of dover planes may take effort to port over. 

2. The same good guys and bad guys. 

3. allows for more expansion into british and italian aircraft. 

On 2/15/2021 at 6:05 AM, pocketshaver said:

Although to be honest, thinking about it. The mediteranean is the only logical expansion for the next instalment of the game. 

1. its featuring the same planes used in everything else. Sure tobruk/cliffs of dover planes may take effort to port over. 

2. The same good guys and bad guys. 

3. allows for more expansion into british and italian aircraft. 

Hope this happens...

A Med map  1943-1944, could provide battles over land and sea.

Maybe also same carrier...

Could be really great to see the best italian plane MC205 ride the sky..but...

I think the next DLC has possibility to be 50%Italy/Med or 50% another theatre East.

unnamed.jpg

Edited by ITAF_Rani

Any kind that involves Carriers in it, preferably Pacific, but they have been used in the Mediterranean too. So Pacific or Mediterranean for me. The obvious have been mentioned before Midway, Solomons, Okinawa, even Hawaii. But in the Mediterranian there are several places that interests me too, and some of them saw carrier action (if not all) like Gibraltar, Malta & Sicily and Greece. As many have pointed out, flying over endless swathes of water is not so much fun, but once you get to the action and manage to survive, it is such an adrenaline rush for me to limp home over water and then trying to land on a carrier, and with a damaged plane you might only have one attempt. The beautiful islands and palm trees and beaches are a bonus.

Now i know they supposed to have a problem with proper Japanese aircraft documentations, but in my opinion, they can add the planes for which they already have the data for and gradually adding the rest as the information gets in. And if some of the info is unacquirable then  perhaps leave those aircrafts out (there are so many aircrafts left out from the already present parts too), or as someone has said it before make a good guess. I don't think either anybody will notice if an aircraft goes +-5 knots at 4000meters than the real aircraft, as in this case probably close to noone has actually flown the real one.

Map wise, an area  that is 100% or over 90% water is much easier to make 😄 I can imagine the hardest part to implement would be the carrier deck and aircraft interaction. To be able to land on a moving object that is not part of the map. With it's own speed, roll, pitch and yaw. But they have done a nice job in the 1946, i think now they will be able to do an even better job at that.

Perhaps they could do a kickstarter campaign for IL-2 Battle of the Pacific. If it's the money and profit they are worried about they could set a goal which would make them happy, and if they achieve it then there is that. We just have to wait it out. And Stretch goals can be added for other things. They already have the credentials, and I for one would definitely back it! But in the end, whatever they add will just make the best WW2 simulator even better. Great work 1C!