Eisenfaustus

What kind of module would you like to see after BoN?

What kind of module would you like to see after BoN?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of module would you like to see after BoN?

• Battle of France
    • Battle of Britain
    • Early Pacific carrier ops
    • Mid-late Pacific Land ops
    • Italy 1943
    • Late eastern front
    • Korea
    • Battle of Finland

15 minutes ago, ST_Catchov said:

Yet TC got a shedload of improvements in the recent update. FC zilch. 

Yes it did, that has nothing to do with production schedule for primary GB releases.

I’d like a mid-war Malta/Sicily chapter next.  Add Italy as a faction, include a manageable sized map.  Lots of interesting new aircraft and variants to choose from and a host of mission types.  

8 hours ago, Stab/JG1_Klaiber said:

But Rise of Flight made Great Battles possible.  

No, 1C made GB possible.  And there is absolutely no chance that a FC module will be given priority over another WW2 module.  Because money.

2 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

No, 1C made GB possible.

I don't disagree.

However, we both know that 1C used the 777 creative team to make BoX.  The same team who cut their teeth making, updating and revising Rise of Flight (their former flagship product). 

There is a clear brand evolution here, showing that WW1 aircraft and maps are not a spin-off of GB.  It has always been a vital part of it.

2 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

And there is absolutely no chance that a FC module will be given priority over another WW2 module.

I don't disagree here either.  But, you'll notice I'm not asking for that.

All I personally want is for FC to be added to this poll. 😁

The initial poster said "you can pick as many as you want."   That's great!  There are a lot in the GB community who may want to vote for a bunch of WW2 choices AND Flying Circus Vol. 2.

Having come from RoF yourself, you might be one of them.

Edited by Stab/JG1_Klaiber
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately, I suspect FC has had it's day... lots of time and effort keeps being heaped on TC, but very little for the WWI crowd, and more worryingly, no words of encouragement from the head shed.

Still, I bought into this for the WWII aviation aspect... that should be the dev teams priority and rightly so.

I still have a fall back zone with RoF and WoFF for the WWI aviation  scene  :)

Malta. Great aircraft set, carriers, naval combat. Also adding Italian faction. 

One the most strategically important battles in the MTO. 

10 hours ago, Stab/JG1_Klaiber said:

I don't disagree here either.  But, you'll notice I'm not asking for that.

Yes, you are.  The question is what module do you want to see after BoN.  If the answer is FC2, then that is getting priority over a WW2 module.  There is almost no chance of that. 

Finnish Fokkers D.XXI & Fokkers C.V, and the Heinkel He 115 & Dornier 22 to try out floatplanes for later use for a possible Pacific expansion

Anyway, aan excellent excuse to post some nice Suomi aircraft 😉

Fokker D.XXXI winter.jpg

Gloster Gladiator Suomi winter.jpg

Heinkel He 115 Suomi.jpg

Dornier Do 22 Suomi.jpg

Fokker C.V winter.jpg

Edited by Roast
  • Like 3

Now after more then 100 users voted I have to say that there are some surprises to me. 

1st While pacific is leading the field as expected, not even half the voters would like either pacific option. I was under the impression that a clear majority of the users wished for a pto project. 

2nd later pto land based operations seem to be preferred over the iconic carrier operations

3rd eastern front seems to be preferred over a third western european instalment. 

I don’t know how the devs analyse the market but their decision is a very difficult one. 

1943 Italy is a great next step.  It can use a bunch of the planes already in the game.  Fleshes out the USAAF/RAF/Italians.  Opens up more options for 1943/42 setups on the Normandy map.  And provides a really good opportunity to add in torpedoes and flesh out ships some more.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Eisenfaustus said:

I don’t know how the devs analyse the market but their decision is a very difficult one. 

Not really.  They can go late Eastern Front or Med/Italy and then do the one they don’t pick next (assuming that PTO is still not an option).  This isn’t a zero sum choice.  Most of us will buy whatever they go with next.

Heck, they can also do post Battle of Britain and use most of the current BoM map to save some money.  The problem that they’re going to start to have is that Germany only had 2 single seat fighters.  We may not always get balanced fighter options like we do now.

12 hours ago, Eisenfaustus said:

2nd later pto land based operations seem to be preferred over the iconic carrier operations

Note that the wording of the poll is a bit problematic. Guadalcanal is technically early war, and opened with carrier ops (Operation Watchtower)

The end of Guadalcanal in 43 and moving up the Slot - mid-war. 

No mid-war carrier ops, but then we have late war carrier ops which are not in the poll.

As a historian and speaking of PTO timeline, I don’t begin my reckoning at the Spanish Civil war in other words. 

• Upvote 1

This is a leading question, in that it doesn't consider the desire for efforts to be directed towards repair and enhancement other aspects of the existing product, not that it's any more likely to happen. 

23 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

This is a leading question, in that it doesn't consider the desire for efforts to be directed towards repair and enhancement other aspects of the existing product, not that it's any more likely to happen. 

Where do you think that they get the revenue for making enhancements?

16 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Where do you think that they get the revenue for making enhancements?

That's another leading question, in that I never suggested that I think anything of the sort.  Of course if you happen to be privy to the company's financial figures, I'm sure we would all appreciate your sharing them.

8 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

That's another leading question, in that I never suggested that I think anything of the sort.  

That's exactly what your post is suggesting.  This thread is about what module you'd like to see that will finance the enhancements that you'd like to see.  It's NOT about what enhancements that you'd like to see.  You should start a different poll for that.

• Upvote 1

Khalkin Gol 1939

Epirus 1940-41

Malta 1940-42

Murmansk 1941

Crimea 1941--44

Continuation War Finland 1941-44

Any or all of these if there is to be no Pacific expansion with this game engine.

Cheers.

If it has to be another Eastern Front battle, I'd certainly go for Murmansk... You can play RAF as well as Soviet and Luftwaffe (when the Hurri arrives of course)

• Like 2

156 votes now, not much changed, Italy/Eastern Front 1944 are around the same line now (1 vote difference) and Finland is not far behind them (5/6 votes) and considering Finland was added an bit later (after around 20 votes) Finland could also be considered on the same line as Italy and Late Eastern Front.

On 9/19/2020 at 1:27 PM, Eisenfaustus said:

Now after more then 100 users voted I have to say that there are some surprises to me. 

1st While pacific is leading the field as expected, not even half the voters would like either pacific option. I was under the impression that a clear majority of the users wished for a pto project. 

3rd eastern front seems to be preferred over a third western european instalment. 

They should go with Pacific. It adds more variety than any other choice, but on the other hand it is most hard for them to do because so many things would have to be made from scratch. This is why they should charge more of it.

Regarding land and carrier pacific I think people just voted both because thinking either would be better than neither.

I personally find carrier a bit boring, especially if you prefer to take off and land yourself. It is cool for a while, though, and carrier landings are more fun than land landings, especially in MP and with your squadron. Jungle anyway better with all sort of crappy planes like Buffalo.

28 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Regarding land and carrier pacific I think people just voted both because thinking either would be better than neither.

Lol

Um... "neither" means there is no game.

People voted both because people always vote yes for as much content as they can get.  It's why polls in here are almost completely useless.

10 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Lol

Um... "neither" means there is no game.

People voted both because people always vote yes for as much content as they can get.  It's why polls in here are almost completely useless.

Yeah. If people vote only one and then both pacific gets less votes than Finland and France etc. it means "neither" meaning no game for them. That's why better to vote both, stack votes on both.

Edited by messsucher

30 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Yeah. If people vote only one and then both pacific gets less votes than Finland and France etc. it means "neither" meaning no game for them. That's why better to vote both, stack votes on both.

So the poll is meaningless.

2 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

So the poll is meaningless.

I would not say so, even if there is not many votes. It gives interesting results anyway, like that France is not appreciated by the people. Why it is so? Map could be beautiful and there would be Hurricanes. Yeah yeah, I know the planes are considered to be crap. I think I can only dream of Poland, or install original IL-2 to get it. Offline campaigns are so much more entertaining when you can go through the war from beginning to the end.

In Poland 1939 you meet these

PZL-P.11C-OTVARTA-2.jpg

And in Germany 1945 you meet these

800.jpeg

When you see the latter in 40 - 60 swarms I can tell you it is a sight to behold, and that the end is near. Your Focke-Wulf Fw 190-D9 does not help much in that.

2 minutes ago, messsucher said:

I would not say so, even if there is not many votes. It gives interesting results anyway, like that France is not appreciated by the people. Why it is so? Map could be beautiful and there would be Hurricanes. Yeah yeah, I know the planes are considered to be crap. I think I can only dream of Poland, or install original IL-2 to get it. Offline campaigns are so much more entertaining when you can go through the war from beginning to the end.

In Poland 1939 you meet these

PZL-P.11C-OTVARTA-2.jpg

And in Germany 1945 you meet these

800.jpeg

When you see the latter in 40 - 60 swarms I can tell you it is a sight to behold, and that the end is near. Your Focke-Wulf Fw 190-D9 does not help much in that.

They're not doing B-17s any time soon.

Late to this party, but I'd take FC v2 first, Finland second, Spanish Civil War 3rd, and France last.  Finland for that I-15/153 sexy airframe and all around ww2 biplane awesomeness.  It's like the perfect blend of WW1/WW2. Along with a pretty unique map. Also you'd potentially get the Buffalo.  How can you not love that plane? Spanish CW for more biplane action with a different map, and France just to have the d.520 in the IL-2GB engine. Honestly though a lot of those French monoplanes just look wicked. I'm really a sucker for the early war stuff.  Late war from any area is cool and all, but there's just so much power in those airframes I feel like it's a totally different arena than fighting in the older stuff.  I'm probably just a weirdo. 😄 

8 minutes ago, Donik said:

Late to this party, but I'd take FC v2 first, Finland second, Spanish Civil War 3rd, and France last.  Finland for that I-15/153 sexy airframe and all around ww2 biplane awesomeness.  It's like the perfect blend of WW1/WW2. Along with a pretty unique map. Also you'd potentially get the Buffalo.  How can you not love that plane? Spanish CW for more biplane action with a different map, and France just to have the d.520 in the IL-2GB engine. Honestly though a lot of those French monoplanes just look wicked. I'm really a sucker for the early war stuff.  Late war from any area is cool and all, but there's just so much power in those airframes I feel like it's a totally different arena than fighting in the older stuff.  I'm probably just a weirdo. 😄 

Nope, I think late war planes are UFOs, the flying is like you would be in space, so much power. Booom, now you are down, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, now you are back up. BOOOOOOOOOM, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

• Haha 1