555thTFSusafphantom2

One other question please

With regard to Cliffs of Dover do I install the original game and then the BLITZ add on? And is there a Perferred order of installation for all the IL-2 games? And is IL-2 1946 a stand alone game? That’s a lot. But Thanks for your help hope to fly with ya soon.😁🙏🏻

You might want to post this in the Cliffs of Dover forum, this is Flying Circus.  

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/10/2020 at 2:47 AM, Hartmannusafphantom2 said:

With regard to Cliffs of Dover do I install the original game and then the BLITZ add on? And is there a Perferred order of installation for all the IL-2 games? And is IL-2 1946 a stand alone game? That’s a lot. But Thanks for your help hope to fly with ya soon.😁🙏🏻

Il-2 1946: Separate game
Il-2 Great Battles (Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban etc.): Separate game

Il-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz: Separate game

Il-2 Cliffs of Dover Desert Wings Tobruk: DLC of Il-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz so you need Blitz to get this.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 555thTFSusafphantom2 said:

Thank you sorry I posted wrong forum.😁🙏🏻

You posted on the right forum. This is absolutely not the "Flying Circus" forum. This is the "Cliffs of Dover" forum.

"With regard to Cliffs of Dover do I install the original game and then the BLITZ add on?"

Yes. Installing the DVD and activating the Steam key included on it, this will launch the procedure that installs the BLITZ version for free. You'll be updated automatically up to version 5.007. If you do not possess the DVD, simply purchase BLITZ: https://il2sturmovik.com/store/cliffs-of-dover/ (25 dollars).

"And is there a Perferred order of installation for all the IL-2 games? And is IL-2 1946 a stand alone game?"

"IL-2 1946" is the final compilation of the first generation o IL-2 games. "IL-2: 1946" has nothing to do with "Cliffs of Dover", nor with the "Great Battles" series. You can play all three games if you want, but they are three completely different games and you'll need to proceed to three different installs:

1. "IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946" (2006) => install the 4.07 version (DVD or DLC) and feel free to patch or mod your game up the version you prefer (go to the 1946 forum, those guys will inform you of all the necessary procedures). My personal opinion is that "IL-2: 1946" is an obsolete game...

2. "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" (2011) => this is the best, trust me! you need to install the basic game (BLITZ version) and then, if you want, purchase the "Desert Wings - Tobruk" add-on. I really recommend to possess both products, the basic game (BLITZ) and the add-on ("Desert Wings - Tobruk"). Best combat flight simulation ever. With no doubt.

3. "IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles" (2013) => very easy: each game in the "Great Battles" series is a DLC stand alone... so, you only need to purchase the product you want and add it to your user account.

19 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

You posted on the right forum. This is absolutely not the "Flying Circus" forum. This is the "Cliffs of Dover" forum.

He did originally post in Flying Circus section. Moderators moved the post here before you read it.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 4:47 PM, 555thTFSusafphantom2 said:

Hello Susafphantom

The original game is IL-2 STURMOVIK CLIFFS OF DOVER.

This was replaced by IL-2 STURMOVIK CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ.

IL-2 STURMOVIK DESERT WINGS - TOBRUK is an addon DLC for BLITZ.

You should uninstall the original game and just keep BLITZ plus the DLC.