My new Taurus G3 9mm =o)

Juts bought it today. It was between this a Glock G19 and an Springfield XDM 9mm. This is the one that fit my hand the best and felt the best. I got the only one at the show with an FDE frame and OD anodized slide. This is the new Georgia model, not even on their website yet. 17+1 rounds and it comes with a spare 15 round mag.

(The OD does not show in the picture for some reason).

$456 with all fees and FFL paperwork.

118911743_10214193106260600_5261717947186117196_o.thumb.jpg.2886fd2162e80f09706114051a804d4a.jpg

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, raaaid said:

nice gun but a bit small caliber to my taste

my favourite the magnum:

Yeah but you still have to explain in court why you needed to carry a .50cal Desert Eagle. The prosecutor will use that against you in a self defense case and swing the jury. Plus 9mm is the most common handgun ammo in the world. If it ever became The Walking Dead out here =o), I'd have a been chance of finding ammo.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

Yeah but you still have to explain in court why you needed to carry a .50cal Desert Eagle. The prosecutor will use that against you in a self defense case and swing the jury. Plus 9mm is the most common handgun ammo in the world. If it ever became The Walking Dead out here =o), I'd have a been chance of finding ammo.

You can get them in .357. Idk why you'd bother apart from the fact that they look cool. I guess they expect the other guy to be so impressed with your hardware that he comes in for a closer look and you club him to death with it.

How are you finding the Taurus? I heard a lot of feedback about their quality that was less than stellar. Was thinking of getting a Smith and Wesson 686 but class H (handgun) licenses here are more trouble than they're worth.

20 minutes ago, Ace_Pilto said:

You can get them in .357. Idk why you'd bother apart from the fact that they look cool. I guess they expect the other guy to be so impressed with your hardware that he comes in for a closer look and you club him to death with it.

How are you finding the Taurus? I heard a lot of feedback about their quality that was less than stellar. Was thinking of getting a Smith and Wesson 686 but class H (handgun) licenses here are more trouble than they're worth.

Still on my 10 day wait.

7 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

How things are going in few months your gona need all the ammo you can get,I remenber hiding in bunker or under school tables when air raid sirens go on every few days, when thing starts it aint gona end fast you guys are in for some bad stuff how things turned out.

Never had need to fire hand gun or even try it, was shooting from Ak-74 (M70) at shooting ranges (full auto is fun), Ero (uzi) at targets at sea, and papovka rifel on military personal funerals.

Edited by CountZero

@ SOLIDKREATE,

I had plans to buy a 9 mm pistol this summer but because of COVID-19 i postponed it.

On the other hand I have no idea what kind of pistol I want to have. There is so much choice

At the moment I enjoy my good old .22" revolver (a S&W 17-3 ) and my  .357" revolver (a S&W 66-2).

Luckily the shooting range is open again. :)

Edited by Uufflakke
17 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Sig P320 recently.

Getting used to the sight picture, I'm accustomed to 6 O'clock. The sig is "combat"...not sure I like that.

I might change the front site.

Yes, it is a bit different. A friend of mine bought a P220 a while back and really likes it. 

The wife and I both have M&P 9s, but ever since our son was born, we haven't had the chance to go out to the range together. 

Screenshot_20200909-111754.thumb.png.3a2389ca40534203be0f7abb81637e84.png

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
On 9/9/2020 at 9:03 PM, Uufflakke said:

At the moment I enjoy my good old .22" revolver (a S&W 17-3 ) and my  .357" revolver (a S&W 66-2).

Another revolver fan. An elegant weapon for a more civilised time. 😄

• Upvote 1

*sigh*

In a weird way I'm glad I can't have a gun just easily in my country* - that would be another collector item thing wreaking havoc on my savings account...

___

* I actually could have one or two, but I'd have to jump through three buning hoops and do a backflip, so the government won't think I'm up to something.

Being a private pilot is already bad enough...

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

*sigh*

In a weird way I'm glad I can't have a gun just easily in my country* - that would be another collector item thing wreaking havoc on my savings account...

___

* I actually could have one or two, but I'd have to jump through three buning hoops and do a backflip, so the government won't think I'm up to something.

Being a private pilot is already bad enough...

I really wanted the FN 509 but my Wife 'side-eyed' me =o)

• Haha 1
On 9/9/2020 at 7:33 AM, Uufflakke said:

At one point I had six model 18/17/617s. Down to one of each. The 17 has better balance, but the 617 is a special run from the factory, has only a 5" barrel with only a half underlug, making it light enough for work on the farm and with ten rounds. The 357  is in steel with nickel plate and no pesky gun sight--a model 13, lucky number.

• Like 1
On 9/6/2020 at 11:25 PM, SOLIDKREATE said:

Juts bought it today. It was between this a Glock G19 and an Springfield XDM 9mm. This is the one that fit my hand the best and felt the best. I got the only one at the show with an FDE frame and OD anodized slide. This is the new Georgia model, not even on their website yet. 17+1 rounds and it comes with a spare 15 round mag.

(The OD does not show in the picture for some reason).

$456 with all fees and FFL paperwork.

118911743_10214193106260600_5261717947186117196_o.thumb.jpg.2886fd2162e80f09706114051a804d4a.jpg

Very nice, you plan on carrying it or just use it at the range?

On 9/7/2020 at 11:48 AM, Semor76 said:

hmm...nice gun,but don´t like the "Plastic Style" here. I prefer more the "old fashion"

bess1.JPG

Blackpowder is definitely fun to shoot, Pedersoli makes some really nice replicas.

• Upvote 1
On 9/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, SOLIDKREATE said:

I really wanted the FN 509 but my Wife 'side-eyed' me =o)

My wife is the reason that I don’t have a number of things - including but not limited to a tactical 338 Lapua.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Very nice, you plan on carrying it or just use it at the range?

Blackpowder is definitely fun to shoot, Pedersoli makes some really nice replicas.

This is going to be my carry. I have to wait 30 days from tomorrow for my license.