Sign in to follow this  
LachenKrieg

Unable to select a plane

I am new to the IL2 flight sim, but am unable to select a plane in the quick mission editor. When I click on a quick mission, I can see the 2 collector planes I just bought + those included with BOS, but the selected plane field still shows "NONE" regardless of the plane I select. And when I try to start the quick mission, I receive a message that no plane has been selected. Any suggestions?

On 9/2/2020 at 9:01 AM, 216th_Jordan said:

Could you show a screenshot of the problem?

This is what happens.

Can you see your craft in the viewer and are they in  your games planes folder?

1 hour ago, Thad said:

Thanks for your input. I have never used the flight sim part of IL2, so I'm not sure what you mean by viewer. I can see all the planes I have in the choose plane window as shown in the video. In the planes folder, there looks to be a folder for each plane in the game with a textures folder inside. I can't see any difference in folder contents between the planes I have, and the ones I don't. I'm not sure, does this means I need to download something? 

Edited by LachenKrieg

1 hour ago, Thad said:

Okay so I am able to access and fly all the BOS missions. But when I try to select a plane from the Quick Mission menu, the results are what you see in the video. So I guess that means I can't access the collector planes I bought either. 

Look in your games Bin folder. You will find the Viewer program there. You can move to you desktop and a shortcut. You can view every vehicle in the game there that you own at least.

Viewer.PNG

Perhaps you need the game module that includes the two  collector planes belong to.

You have BOS. Did the collector planes come with BOS or another module?

10 hours ago, Thad said:

Look in your games Bin folder. You will find the Viewer program there. You can move to you desktop and a shortcut. You can view every vehicle in the game there that you own at least.

Viewer.PNG

Perhaps you need the game module that includes the two  collector planes belong to.

You have BOS. Did the collector planes come with BOS or another module?

I bought the BF 109G6, and the JU 52/3m, I don't think they are included with any of the other modules so I'm guessing they should work on any map. But aside from that, as you can see in the video, I cannot access any of the flights in the quick mission menu with any of the planes I own. I will have a look at the viewer, thanks.

BOS Premium Edition includes two (2) Collector planes: La-5 Series 8 and Fw-190 A-3

Anybody else have any idea what is causing this problem?

Edited by Thad

Given the issues LachenKrieg is having here and with the mission editor, perhaps a reinstall is warranted. Backup the current install, uninstall it, reinstall, and test the QMB and the problem mission on the fresh install.

I know some people were having issues finding missions in the Missions screen due to multiple installations of BoX, but I'm not sure if it even applies in this case.

Edited by JimTM
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Thad said:

BOS Premium Edition includes two (2) Collector planes: La-5 Series 8 and Fw-190 A-3

Anybody else have any idea what is causing this problem?

Yeah I have both of those collector planes + the two I bought more recently on sale. But as far as I can tell, the BF 109G6, and JU 52/3m aren't listed as collector planes for any of the other modules. Am I understanding that correctly? If not, do you know what module they belong to? I can see the BF109 G6 late is listed as part of the BON module, but it isn't a collector plane. Do you know if that is the same plane? It doesn't make a lot of sense to sell a collector plane that requires a module where it is already included. I don't see the JU 52 listed anywhere, but most of the standard planes aren't listed though.

5 hours ago, JimTM said:

Given the issues LachenKrieg is having here and with the mission editor, perhaps a reinstall is warranted. Backup the current install, uninstall it, reinstall, and test the QMB and the problem mission on the fresh install.

I know some people were having issues finding missions in the Missions screen due to multiple installations of BoX, but I'm not sure if it even applies in this case.

I'm going to take your advice and do a complete reinstall hoping that fixes what ever the problem is. BTW, were you able to have a look at my last post in the thread on "missions not working"? I was just wondering if you could see any reason why 3 tanks spawn in at mission startup.

I had a similar problem, not exactly the same but maybe it would work for you.   Under settings /  game/   reset interface.  Better than reinstall so maybe give it a shot first!🤥

• Thanks 1

I copied this from the IL2 website. It doesn't give a lot of detail, but states that each planes availability depends on the historical availability in the any given theater. The JU 52 is supposed to be compatible with BOS career, while the BF109 G6 is compatible with the BOK career mode. But they should all work in the Quick Mission Builder as far as I can tell.

"Collector Planes

Collector Planes are additional content not included in Standard Editions that can be added to extend the one’s collection of aircraft. Premium Editions include two Collector Planes each, they can be also bought separately if you own a Standard Edition. These planes are usable in all gameplay modes. The availability of Collector Planes in a career depends on the historical availability of this plane in that theater or battle."

20 hours ago, LachenKrieg said:

I'm going to take your advice and do a complete reinstall hoping that fixes what ever the problem is. BTW, were you able to have a look at my last post in the thread on "missions not working"? I was just wondering if you could see any reason why 3 tanks spawn in at mission startup.

The tanks in group 3, 4, and 5 are enabled in the advanced properties.

You should be able to use any of your planes in quick mission regardless of the date/theater