G-resistance of the virtual pilot - opinions and discussion

G-resistance of the virtual pilot - who is the prototype?  

593 members have voted

1. 1. Which G-resistance should have a pilot in the IL-2?

• IL-2 should have G-resistance parameters of intermediate pilot as it have now
    • IL-2 should have G-resistance parameters of over-medium pilot, like an ace
    • I'm disagree that current G-resistance model is realistic and corresponds to intermediate pilot abilities.

This poll is closed to new votes

On 9/11/2020 at 7:41 PM, AnPetrovich said:

He was not a RED BULL air race champion.
He performed an aerobatic flight on that video, not a race.
Please read the comments, not just watch the video. ;)

Yes i know, ..and a far as i know aerobatic pilots usually don't use G-suit. like the Russian guy of your video.
By the way, I would appreciate some explanation on why the devs have decided to model the a bit exaggerated G-LOC effect in the game, as we can seen in my video.
Thanks in advance

• Upvote 1
On 9/14/2020 at 5:21 PM, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

Yes i know, ..and a far as i know aerobatic pilots usually don't use G-suit. like the Russian guy of your video.
By the way, I would appreciate some explanation on why the devs have decided to model the a bit exaggerated G-LOC effect in the game, as we can seen in my video.
Thanks in advance

you went  above 5 g's, event the indicator showed 5,7 and considering that it's not updating smoothly i think you went above 6, do the same test but record a Tacview track file and check there.

Give a look at that track, and consider that i never blacked out on this test

freeflight.2020-09-09_18-24-00_00.zip

Edited by ACG_Prancing
On 9/11/2020 at 10:10 AM, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

I´m agree

That things occurs when you rip the rudder and elevator with a single burst, the plane falls like a brick. :rolleyes: 

On 9/11/2020 at 9:55 AM, Cpt_Siddy said:

This kinds of Negative G push that would result in the pilot testicles lodging themselves filmy next to the tonsils :crazy:

You do realize this video shows you breaking his controls and most likely blacking him or severely injuring him to the point he can't get out.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Capt_Stubing said:

You do realize this video shows you breaking his controls and most likely blacking him or severely injuring him to the point he can't get out.  

Exept stats show 64 bullets hit 109, 109 pilot didnt get injured or lost any of airplanes controls and no engine damage and he flew away for some time after hits... neg G move when hit is favorit thing to do online as it makes attacker hard tofallow and you have no harm because of poor G represantaion in it...but no problem with 109s tails all is just complains same as HE only ammo in 131 belts, all is ok no problems just aim better ken 😄

On 9/11/2020 at 7:10 PM, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

That things occurs when you rip the rudder and elevator with a single burst, the plane falls like a brick. :rolleyes: 

Exept no damage or rip rudder or elevators and that airplane that should fall like a brick flew away like nothing happend with no damage from 64 0.50 AP to pilot or engine or controls or fuel tanks... he got hit and did neg G pull so attacker cant falow, comon thing online, best to do when your suprised, and if your in 109 with titanium tail you get free pass.

Edited by CountZero
56 minutes ago, Capt_Stubing said:

You did not read the thread where it was told that he flew for 5 more minutes until ditched. There is even the pilot log posted...

This kind of negative g does not happen when you rip off the controls. It happens when you poop your pants and slam the stick forward with the force of thousand Görings. 

You need to rip off the tail properly to have similar forward jerk, and that plane did not lose any parts nor have any controls severed. Only the severe water loss forced him to ditch later in flight. So yeah, that negative G jerk is hall mark of most Aces flying on MP servers. Whenever they get jumped, they slam the stick instinctively to the dashboard.

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
On 9/1/2020 at 4:45 AM, Han said:

So the question is not about "how much it should be increased".

Question is: should it be increased or not.

Problem is it's the wrong question.
I like physiology , its a great addition to il-2.

The issue is rapid blackout and how g force is applied (things like rapid +ve -ne G changes) are not quite right as other have said in this topic.
it just needs a little tweaking.

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
On 9/15/2020 at 11:54 AM, Cpt_Siddy said:

You did not read the thread where it was told that he flew for 5 more minutes until ditched. There is even the pilot log posted...

This kind of negative g does not happen when you rip off the controls. It happens when you poop your pants and slam the stick forward with the force of thousand Görings. 

You need to rip off the tail properly to have similar forward jerk, and that plane did not lose any parts nor have any controls severed. Only the severe water loss forced him to ditch later in flight. So yeah, that negative G jerk is hall mark of most Aces flying on MP servers. Whenever they get jumped, they slam the stick instinctively to the dashboard.

No I didn't catch that part. I looked like he was a gonner.  Well I'm guilty of it as well just to create angles ASAP.  But I think the G Modeling is a bit off in that 4Gs which I have done in real life isn't that much to withstand especially when you work at it as a pilot.  Don't want to go into Acro or Racing but guys do get good at pulling very hard Gs.  Meanwhile I think the G suit thing needs to go for competitive play given they weren't pervasive in RL   And if you want to talk about planes which pull insane Gs take a look at the Tempest.  

12 minutes ago, Capt_Stubing said:

Meanwhile I think the G suit thing needs to go for competitive play given they weren't pervasive in RL 

A. That’s a bit of an “E-Sports” mentality I think.

B. We’ve been down this road before  - G-suits were more prevalent than you may be aware of and are applied appropriately in the sim.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12

The Göring (abbreviated as Gö) would make a useful unit of measurement. Consider that other useful unit, the Helen - an objective way to measure beauty, via the number of ships a face can cause to be launched. A Göring would be similar, only used to measure military incompetence instead. 

3 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

The Göring (abbreviated as Gö) would make a useful unit of measurement. Consider that other useful unit, the Helen - an objective way to measure beauty, via the number of ships a face can cause to be launched. A Göring would be similar, only used to measure military incompetence instead. 

I would use it for measuring the amount of speedballs you can stuff into a suitcase before trying to flee the country.

• 3 weeks later...

im very happy the g forces human reaction models the sit angle position

as you know some planes made the pilot almost go on the horizontal in order to stand higher g

so one thing one pilot can do in order to stand higher g is to get more horizontal

the basic parameter that determines black out is determined by density of the blood*gravity*height of head vs height of the heart

as a matter of fact if the head is lower than the heart positive g became negative g and you red out instead of blacking out

now delete this for posting about what you modeled wrong

tintin.jpg

Edited by raaaid
On 9/16/2020 at 4:24 AM, Cpt_Siddy said:

So yeah, that negative G jerk is hall mark of most Aces flying on MP servers.

The negative G jerk is the hallmark of the victims of MP aces. It's the only thing they can think of to avoid being killed.

15 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Keep in mind that german pilots were on a diet of Cognac, cigarettes and beech-nut coffee.

Also, they were ordered to be strong, so a nautral thrreshold of 20g for the onset of grey-out seems reasonable.

Hey I live on a diet of 20 a day and six a night and 5 G isn't shit. Your grandma could pull 5 G.

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Keep in mind that german pilots were on a diet of Cognac, cigarettes and beech-nut coffee.

Also, they were ordered to be strong, so a nautral thrreshold of 20g for the onset of grey-out seems reasonable.

Maybe devs should add Meth and other drugs to modification bar for german pilots increasing their G-resistance or slowing down time like in RDR2.

On 9/15/2020 at 8:54 PM, Cpt_Siddy said:

So yeah, that negative G jerk is hall mark of most Aces flying on MP servers.

Did you even check how many negative G you can take on a 109? 

It's about 4G. With instant onset and continous push at 4G, you loose consciousness after 3/4 seconds. 2/3 seconds with 5G (impossible with 109). 

Instant -4G is not pleasant but not "superhuman". 

When flying as instructor, I never ever had one of my student loosing consciousness when pushing -3G for the first time for 5 seconds and more. Making me think the current negative G tolerance on IL2 is not that far from reality. 

Who know how much negative Gs you could handle with the adrenalin and the fear of having someone on your tail ready to kill you. 

What is really missing is the push-pull effect, which is coming for the next update, so... 

Edited by JG300_Faucon
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, JG300_Faucon said:

Did you even check how many negative G you can take on a 109? 

It's about 4G. With instant onset and continous push at 4G, you loose consciousness after 3/4 seconds. 2/3 seconds with 5G (impossible with 109). 

Instant -4G is not pleasant but not "superhuman". 

When flying as instructor, I never ever had one of my student loosing consciousness when pushing -3G for the first time for 5 seconds and more. Making me think the current negative G tolerance on IL2 is not that far from reality. 

Who know how much negative Gs you could handle with the adrenalin and the fear of having someone on your tail ready to kill you. 

What is really missing is the push-pull effect, which is coming for the next update, so... 

I am sure we are talking about same things here...

57 minutes ago, JG300_Faucon said:

Adrenaline and fear makes lots of humans stupid and stiff, too. Not just superhuman.  And since we are sitting comffy in our air conditioned rooms, none of that gets trough to us. Hence why we get a free lunch every time we abuse our virtual pilot over the limits of human endurance. 

16 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

I am sure we are talking about same things here...

This was before the physiological model. Now you can't do this stupid stick jerking for a long time. And even more with the next update (DD263). 

And there is a difference between negative defensive manouvers, and the stupid push pull push pull jerking...

Edited by JG300_Faucon

I know, and what ive heard so far about this new model, i like. 

And the negative G pull is still hallmark of 102% of MP aces, this you cannot refute. Only thing that has changed, is that they have to learn few new tricks now. Seeing how all the old tricks will lead to prompt blackout after few  +- jerks...