Sign in to follow this  
Eyek

CH Fighter Stick/Saitek x52/x55 Rhino

Hey guys out of these 3 which would be your choice?

I see there a magnet mod for the Saitek which makes it quite a bit better.

The CH Fighter stick has this awesome retro look and supposedly a great stick?

For me the Rhino appears to be a rather decent stick from what I have read but looks kind of "toyish"

Any idea would be great guys - thanks!

X52 should be last on the list...not precise, light tension...crappy durability....CH is precise and durable...but Rhino has better ergonomics, is precise enough, more durable than x52, you can choose your own spring/tension etc...

BUT....I would spare a bit more for VKB Mamba light (superior metal gimbal/mechanics design) plus used x52 throttle....that is if you have pedals already...Twist on the stick (x52) is invention from hell for serious simming...

Edited by tikvic

You are comparing three different ranges of price (based on Amazon).

X-52 ~120$

X-55 ~200$

CH combo (joy/throttle/pedal) ~ 270/300$ - I find CombatStick more practical for WW2 planes than FS, since have more button (and less HAT), what is better for cannons, secondary weapons (bombs, rockets). Is "retro", use outdated electronics (8 bits), but nave none serious flaws, and last decades (I still using a 1998 CombatStick - "USB'rized").

In functionality X-55 seems the natural choice - dual throttle, rotaries, momentary switch's...

Sokol1

ok x55 it is - thanks for making my mind up guys :)

Most of the best il2 players used in the past X52 Pro but to be honest I didnt tested X55 so I dont have opinion.

CH products are good but Saitek have better ergonomy/more switches/rolls/slides/button.

Look for A.S topic about X55 on this forum.

I would choose between

X52 Pro - X55 Rhino - Warthog

The CH stick doesn't have a Twist function,so you would need seperate rudder pedals.

I have a CH Combat stick and LOVE it! 

It is my second as the first one was so old (10+ years) that the plug on the end went out of date and had to buy a new unit with a USB.  Talk about a rugged stick...

I've been using an X52 for about eight years now on IL2, ROF and BOS, still going strong, but I would be open to suggestions. But so far, happy with what I've got. They're all good suggestions.

After using both the X52 Pro and the X55, the X55 is miles better. It's a true upgrade to the X52 Pro with more accuracy, more controls, better design, better software, (and the big one!) adjustable tension on the flight stick.

Edited by Warpig