Sign in to follow this  
beresford

Unwanted Repair Graphic

Recently I have found that when I hit Return to open Comms, I get the Repair Graphic as well. This locks the controls which means I run into things while sending messages. There seems no way of getting out of this via key binding. Is this likely to be a corruption of my install, and if so are there any threads you guys know of with less painful ways to delete/re-install?

Posted (edited)

The tank status/repair status graph is there by design. Since you noticed it locks controls (also by design) you can use it as a crude cruise mode instead of having to hold W (or whatever binding you have for "forward"). For example : you start rolling from the spawn (in multiplayer) hit Return (the comms and the graph opens) and then hit Return again - now you dont have to do anything to go forward. To stop the tank/turn off the """"cruise control""" you just hit W and let it go - boom, done, you are stopping. That said, if you just want to send a message, you need to know which keys you are holding so you can disable them after sending that message.
Maybe that'll help ya.

Also there is only one way to reinstall the game ;)

Edited by Goosevich

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your advice. I don't recall it being always like this, I'm sure that at one time you had to have the engine stopped and possibly the driver's hatch open in order to get the graphic. At least if other people are seeing it I don't have to do a re-install. I thought there might be a 'how-to' thread somewhere recommending saving key-binding files and such-like first.

Other tank players I asked weren't seeing it but perhaps it is my style of play, I go around with the commander's hatch open whereas some like to be permanently in the gun view.

Edited by beresford