Snake27

Future of Tank crew ?

Hi i just want to know if tank crew will have other big module like BOS or BOBP for plane 
because i want to buy it but i dont know if they continue tank after Tank crew

No one knows, only way to raise the chance to get another tank expansion si to buy the game and support the developers as that shows them we want more.

• Upvote 2

i hope my money wont be lost XD 
Oh and all the tank are here or some are always in devlopement ?

You have thousands of hours of gameplay in this game so the money wont be wasted unless you want a arcade like experience and not a simulator, and all tanks are added in the game and fully playable.

2 hours ago, SCG_judgedeath3 said:

No one knows, only way to raise the chance to get another tank expansion si to buy the game and support the developers as that shows them we want more.

If you purely enjoy MP gaming with no AI then yes, otherwise I disagree. 

If you like anything of SP I suggest to give up. We are still waiting for critical changes for the AI and with no ability to create missions in SP. No news from the devs on this for months which is disappointing. 

Had lots of fun online with players and AI together on massive battlefields, and in single player there are tons of good stuff made by users here to download, and new missions from the developers and then I have JG1 groups tank missions and SCG sundays that are near battlefield level and very realistic :)

9 minutes ago, inexus said:

If you like anything of SP I suggest to give up. We are still waiting for critical changes for the AI and with no ability to create missions in SP. No news from the devs on this for months which is disappointing. 

This isn't true. Custom SP missions can be made with the Editor. Look at the countless user-made missions and campaigns available for download.

Secondly, there are no "critical" problems with the AI - the game is totally playable in SP.

I really hope that they can do the Falaise Pocket or Battle of the Bulge for TC2.

Hopefully by X-Mas we could have news if they are going forward for another Tank Crew Installment.

Edited by Enceladus
confusing statement

6 hours ago, Enceladus said:

I really hope that they can do the Falaise Pocket or Battle of the Bulge for TC2.

Hopefully by X-Mas we could have news if the 3rd Party Team are going forward for another Tank Crew Installment.

Jesus....

I really hope that they can FINISH TC in circa 2 years. WTF are you

on about with "TC2"? 
....also those events from the western front has been done to death in games. Where is Ukrainian front rolling through romania, hungary, czechoslovakia '44/'45 for example?

Yeah, kinda - the AI is still all seeing, all knowing a-holes and god-like marksman ;)

Secondly, there are no "critical" problems with the AI - the game is totally playable in SP.

Edited by Goosevich

I’d prefer the western desert or italy to more russian style steppes . But will take anything. Also when you say the western front has been done to death, I presume by a tank sim, which ones? I know more Russian front ones I think.

8 hours ago, Enceladus said:

Hopefully by X-Mas we could have news if the 3rd Party Team are going forward for another Tank Crew Installment.

I had no idea tank crew were a 3rd party team. This is actually good news as it increases the chances of an addon if thr main il2 team does not have to do it.

8 hours ago, Enceladus said:

41 minutes ago, [KG]Destaex said:

I had no idea tank crew were a 3rd party team. This is actually good news as it increases the chances of an addon if thr main il2 team does not have to do it.

It isn't entirely accurate to say that a "3rd party team" made Tank Crew. The tank visual models were done by Digital Forms, which is basically an art outsourcing company. The final implementation and core programming remained in-house. Ultimately it's up to the main team to make everything work, so everything has to fit in the schedule of other projects.

This arrangement is quite different from some other notable flight simulators where third-party developers work more or less completely independently and make products at their own pace.

• Like 2

I’d prefer the western desert or italy to more russian style steppes . But will take anything. Also when you say the western front has been done to death, I presume by a tank sim, which ones? I know more Russian front ones I think.

Lmao, did you even google how Romania or Hungary looks like? xD (but yeah tank combat in italy would be neat) Western front has been done to death in all genres of games, and tank sims done it since goddamn Panzer Elite and Panzer Commander. Also i take into account countless mods for other sims with tanks in the background

Edited by Goosevich

I thought Hungary was mostly flat steppe like terrain. I imagine though that you mean all the ww2 battles in Hungary happened in mountains or forest, bocage or broken ground etc?

As for tank simulations. The ww2 simulations I know of are:

Steel fury - ostfront

T34 vs tiger - ostfront

Tank crew - ostfront

panzer elite - westfront

Take a virtual tour near Lake Balaton for example ;) Panzer Commander was also western front. Count mods for those games as well.

11 hours ago, [KG]Destaex said:

Steel fury - ostfront

Also several missions on the western front too.

11 hours ago, [KG]Destaex said:

panzer elite - westfront

And also some on the eastern front :P ostpack especielly.

We also have panzer front thats mainly on the western front and north africa.
Panzer 44 is on the western front mostly.

16 hours ago, Goosevich said:

Lmao, did you even google how Romania or Hungary looks like? xD (but yeah tank combat in italy would be neat) Western front has been done to death in all genres of games, and tank sims done it since goddamn Panzer Elite and Panzer Commander. Also i take into account countless mods for other sims with tanks in the background

I have to disagree. I want western front in this game, with this team. I dont care if there was x games in the past covering the western front.

Those games are absolete now.

But i would like to have late war scenarios in the Russia too. I would like to have some fights with my trusty Panther against the later IS2 with the better sloped armor.

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Battle of France  would be pretty nice, too. Fighting in a 38(t) or a Pz II against French Char B1...or French tanks in general.

Maybe even the Poland campaign in a Pz I, a BT -7 or one of the Polish tanks.

5 часов назад, SchleiferGER сказал:

Battle of France  would be pretty nice, too. Fighting in a 38(t) or a Pz II against French Char B1...or French tanks in general.

Maybe even the Poland campaign in a Pz I, a BT -7 or one of the Polish tanks.

also I want to share the official answer from Khan about the anti-aircraft guns.  My question sounded like this - "When will you make anti-aircraft guns?"  to which Han replied: "Wait for good news."  In general, comrades tankers!  We'll have anti-aircraft guns!

C1E4BE84-777C-4D46-B239-3A0736744108.jpeg
https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/13714-обсуждение-версии-4009-великие-луки-лето-адские-ястребы-женские-экипажи-p-40e-в-4k/?do=findComment&comment=791360

Edited by =5GIAP=Eeafanas
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, GraM said:

Hi!! are you guys recommend this DCL or expansion??? 

I strongly recommend it to anyone that loves tanks. It has some of the most beautifully detailed internal tank models ever created.

Just be aware that it's not a typical action game. Much like the flight sims, it's generally a slow-paced experience focused on the vehicles themselves with a lot of driving in between the shooting.

• Thanks 1

I would rather have anti tank gun, but ok it could be fun in MP for someone.

As for the future of TC, it would be nice if we dont get TC, we could at least get some collector Tanks or SPGs. 

• Upvote 2

What is detestable is this lack of response from the devs and Jason particularly.
We would like to know: yes..... no......there will be........... there will be no future for a new TC.
Other than "buy" "buy" that's all we know. Yes, but when we have bought everything to support the project ... what more can we do?
Not even proposed solutions such as, for example, a subscription to launch a TC 2.

We are reduced to play, again and again the battle of Prokhorovka and same period/front ..... we can play for hours, after a while we get bored.

On this point, there is a total lack of communication and vision beyond the first experience.

Great disappointment.

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Thanks 1

The mere existence of TC is a... miracle. I guess that more than for FC so much of the game engine had to be adapted. I am still amazed how they pulled this off as the game engine for IL-2 never had this taken into account. It was a gamble and it paid off... At least that is how I feel about it. Being able to drive through, instead of fly over, the il-2 GB maps is an entirely different experience. We do have more maps than the one dedicated to it, as we know, that is the beauty of integrated sims like IL 2 GB, Clod tobruk and DCS ... but indeed I would also like to see more dedicated and detailed maps getting made, especially for TC and FC. We did get the Luki map for free, so who knows...!? 

Edited by simfan2015

Yes, I agree, being able to adapt TC to IL-2 is a great achievement. This is what causes my disappointment even more. If TC was badly done, we wouldn't be here to discuss it, we would have already moved on. To stop on such a good path would be such a shame.

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Upvote 2

On 8/21/2020 at 4:20 PM, Voidhunger said:

As for the future of TC, it would be nice if we dont get TC, we could at least get some collector Tanks or SPGs. 

AT guns would be great fun. But AA guns as well.

On 8/23/2020 at 7:54 PM, CCG_Pips said:
Yes, I agree, being able to adapt TC to IL-2 is a great achievement. This is what causes my disappointment even more. If TC was badly done, we wouldn't be here to discuss it, we would have already moved on. To stop on such a good path would be such a shame.

Let's see how infantry goes when they bring it out. That was the decider for me buying this game. I suspect it will be this games making or breaking feature. Because it will be a huge reason for people to get the game because of the immersion and historical possibilities infantry bring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [KG]Destaex said:

But AA guns as well.

true, but probably only in MP

According the the main man (Jason) infantry is being worked on. This will help greatly. Maybe bring AT guns and other ground objects. So this title is still in development. And we still don't have the AA guns that are coming that can be manned.

Is there another tank SIM that has air support/enemies that have to be dealt with? I think not. This will be a great title when the bugs get all worked out. It is good now and enjoyable but will be better.

Keep remembering, this is a sim community/game not one of the others...which makes it special and great. AND it has support from the Dev's and the community which makes it even better. I just wish I had the time and talent to contribute.

13 minutes ago, CDRSEABEE said:

Is there another tank SIM that has air support/enemies that have to be dealt with? I think not. This will be a great title when the bugs get all worked out. It is good now and enjoyable but will be better.

Steel Beasts. 

Unfortunately, it is not set in WWII.

24 minutes ago, CDRSEABEE said:

According the the main man (Jason) infantry is being worked on. This will help greatly. Maybe bring AT guns and other ground objects. So this title is still in development. And we still don't have the AA guns that are coming that can be manned.

Keep remembering, this is a sim community/game not one of the others...which makes it special and great. AND it has support from the Dev's and the community which makes it even better. I just wish I had the time and talent to contribute.

I thought the AAA vehicles were indefinitely delayed. Kinda lame as they were originally collectors "tanks" weren't they??

10 minutes ago, Thad said:

Steel Beasts. 

Unfortunately, it is not set in WWII.

Steel Fury is WWII and touches most of those points

On 8/21/2020 at 2:20 AM, Voidhunger said:

I for one would be all over collector tanks for TC as well as all the other maps in the IL2 series. If you buy any of the other maps in the IL2 series, you have the sandbox to make period correct use of other tanks in other theaters.

I think the TC its really great expansion, and I hope we can have a second TC expansion. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1