Han

Game version 4.009 discussion: "Hell Hawks", P-40E in 4K, Velikie Luki summer, Fem pilot

As usual, 1C underpromising and overdelivering, in peace and quiet. No overblown hype, just smooth competence.

Thank you Jason and the team; the AI improvements especially are always welcome.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 13

So many Tank Crew improvements :yahoo: thanks guys! Dreaming with shooting infantry in the future 👍

Posted (edited)

image.png.44f1219cbe7e8e72b48f5641009e9422.png

Also prob a good idea to do file verify after the update too.

Also it would be nice if we could load the older version to play any replays. Can't even play offline mode..

Is there some way to bypass this and force offline on the old version.

image.thumb.png.a86df9a9747b985c3890e4fc87aa79bd.png

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

Just wanted to say thank you.  The continual improvements are much appreciated, especially the speediness of these fixes and updates.  ☺️

Posted (edited)

Doesn't she looks cute? "The Rose of Stalingrad" Reenactment score: 100 Points!

XF2BeZX.jpg

YSP1ACA.jpg

Edited by Semor76
  • Like 3

Thank you very much for this great update! Gorgeous!

And to me - Velikie Luki summer map IS definitely the most beautiful map in the IL2 GB series - most beautiful map ever! So much details

on it and most important - a rail yard! Nice rail yard. To be honest also the proof that it is doable. Pity, we don't have this on the Rheinland
map, but who knows, maybe one day?

Anyway, thank you very much for this great update and great effort.

Posted (edited)

Some nice stuff in this update , looking forward to checking this all out.

And new maps are always very nice, especially free ones  🙂

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

Soviet and American pilots won’t be invulnerable when holding a flare gun or a pistol; 

Lol wow ... The things you wish you knew about..

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Y-29.Silky said:

Soviet and American pilots won’t be invulnerable when holding a flare gun or a pistol; 

Lol wow ... The things you wish you knew about..

I was just starting to master my flare gun parry too!

• Haha 4

Yes! Thankyou for finally correcting the paratroopers jump animation! Loving the rest of the update aswell.

Mercury bow coops, donkey shane and Muchos grassy arse from all us cunnilinguals, or is that trilinguals. Always get those 2 muddled up.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Was the issue of the night bomber U2/PO-2 squadrons being given daytime missions in campaign mode addressed?  I'd love to jump back into my U2 campaign, but the losses due to flak made it unplayable.

Edited by Noisemaker
Typo.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Noisemaker said:

Was the issue of the night bomber U2/PO-2 squadrons being given daytime missions in campaign mode addressed?  I'd love to jump back into my U2 campaign, but the losses due to flack made it unplayable.

It should be fixed, yes. 

• Upvote 1

The new free Luki summer map is indeed incredibly nice looking ... a new favourite !

IL-2 updates are increasingly becoming better and better ... I guess everyone here is anticipating even more goodies 1C has in store for us in the near future !?

BoN is surely going to be more  ... iceing on the cake.

Thank You all.   

11 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Ummm... Ok won't go there

Edited to clarify, for those with a smutty mind! ;)

2020_8_18__8_50_18.thumb.jpg.546a326f1dc761f0a993c256e2b67f10.jpg

Showing Natasha the beautiful city of Velikiye Luki

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Thank you . 

Wow looks like once again a very nice update thank you!

I look forward to checkout out the cutscenes in the Rheinland Career.

Posted (edited)

Awesome looking map. 

e9cb05b714641ba571698bdded92bba3.jpg?wid72915cc6688ffe31ea89fb2db0cd33b2.jpg?wid

b4000cb59123433b4b81a3c51f42beb7.jpg?wid

f738ae8fe015b248179b0e303d8488c1.jpg?wid

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OpticFlow said:

2020_8_18__8_50_18.thumb.jpg.546a326f1dc761f0a993c256e2b67f10.jpg

Showing Natasha the beautiful city of Velikiye Luki

She looks more interested in you than in Velikiye Luki, perhaps you should get her home quick, you might gut Luki yourself. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Thank you very much for the update guys, really appreciated.:cool:

Had some issues getting it to run but thankfully all seems well now, love the new maps great to have the summer and winter version they really are particularly welcome and very well detailed, maybe they can be added to the career eventually if they are not already.:drinks:

The female pilots are lovely, did we also get a new man for the rear of the U-2 as well, he looks different.;)

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Fine and Wonderfull but most of all a real fantastic quantity of work. Thanks team. :salute:

Where does one find the Female Pilot model?  I'm trying to start a new career as a Night Witch in a U-2VS, but can't find the female pilot model or the 588th Squadron.

Just now, WWBayonet said:

Where does one find the Female Pilot model?  I'm trying to start a new career as a Night Witch in a U-2VS, but can't find the female pilot model or the 588th Squadron.

I think it should be an option when changing the plane settings - there is a tab for loadout, skins, and 'pilot stuff' - that has the place for the cockpit photo and I think that is where they put the new model.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WWBayonet said:

Loadout screen, at the bottom.

2020_8_18__13_7_49.jpg

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Polybymanus said:

Beware to all those who have yet to update the game, this will render all previous track recordings unplayable. Best to make a backup without using the launcher and keeping it in offline mode if you want to have access to your old track recordings. Version 4.007 and 4.008 tracks are still backwards and forwards compatible.

VKRYPJ9.png

I wish I would have known before the update! I had some tracks I wanted yo use for a movie!  Too late now!

Velikiye Luki summer - beautiful !

So many charming details and this impressive atmosphere. I wish the Rheinland map could one day be brought to this standard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Grancesc said:

Velikiye Luki summer - beautiful !

So many charming details and this impressive atmosphere. I wish the Rheinland map could one day be brought to this standard.

I had the same thoughts. This map also proves that in IL2 GB beautiful maps are possible / doable. And the Rheinland needs a lifting.

Edited by THERION
  • Upvote 4

Great update and much appreciated. It’s great to buy something that gets better and better over time. 

Posted (edited)

66. MLRS artillery won't try to shoot at paratroopers

Am I classed as a paratrooper after bailing out?

Bailed out from my Tempest on a quick mission scenario & found myself being shot at from the ground.

image.png.ee9b370c1eed23d850316f995922df4b.png

This was my first time in a tempest, not really bothered with it before, but up to the point I got hit & plane was on fire, I was doing pretty good with it.

Edited by fergal69

The Lydia figure is very well done.  Also, always nice to see more 4K skins from Martin Catney.  I've been a fan of his paints for over a decade when he was doing them for an FSX third party.

Thanks team, and please give your artists an extra bonus the sim is looking gorgeous.

Thanks, always a big fan of the AI work from the team, constantly making it better and better despite the more diverse planes in the sim.

I echo the comments about the new map, looking forward to spending a bit more time on it but also hope the Rhine map sees some similar level of improvement at some point in the future.

Posted (edited)

Especially Tank Crew improvements looks great.

I have a feeling there is a bright future ahead of this side step of the serie.

Edited by Bies