Game version 4.009 discussion: "Hell Hawks", P-40E in 4K, Velikie Luki summer, Fem pilot

• 1CGS
4 minutes ago, Han said:

Dear Friends,

One month has passed since the previous update, and once again we are ready to present you with a new package of innovations and improvements. The main additions in this version are the new campaign Hell Hawks over the Bulge, new free summer map Velikiye Luki, and new single missions for the Bodenplatte aircraft and Tank Crew tanks - now each model of these modules has a single mission designed for it.

We have also added more beauty to our simulator, in several meanings of this word. First, the P-40E-1 Kittyhawk received 4K texturing of the outer model by Martin =ICDP= Catney. And second, U-2VS, Yak-1 series 69 and Yak-1b series 127 now have female crews option! U-2VS this was done in the memory of the 588th Night Light Bomber Aviation Regiment, known under the nickname "Night Witches", and for Yak-1s in the memory of the fighter pilot Lydia Litvyak, the most effective female fighter pilot of World War II.

This update includes a total of 78 points of changes mostly targeted at the two main areas - AI improvements in and the refinement of the recently completed line of player controllable tanks. There are many extremely important changes in this list for other areas of our sim as well. Despite everything that happens in the world this year, our team continues to work on improving the IL-2 Sturmovik game world and keep the fast rate of development.

News on 4.009 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 7
  • Han pinned this topic

Glad to see that RRR information will appear in the HUD, it was the only thing I was missing from having tech chat turned off.

77. The service times for all equipment have been adjusted. Now a service operation takes 2-4 minutes at the default service speed (x1 value set in Mission Editor).
Anyone know what this pertains to? Is this also for RRR?

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

Glad to see that RRR information will appear in the HUD, it was the only thing I was missing from having tech chat turned off.

77. The service times for all equipment have been adjusted. Now a service operation takes 2-4 minutes at the default service speed (x1 value set in Mission Editor).
Anyone know what this pertains to? Is this also for RRR?

Yes the times to RRR were all weird and there was no good explanation on how it worked in the ME. Glad to see they explained it a bit better.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Zeev said:

Took a day off tomorrow, to play Flight Simulator 2020, but now I am not sure what I will boot first....

WW2 and flying in combat should always take precedence over civilian site seeing - get your priorities straight man!!!! 😉🤣

Thanks for the update! As always, AI improvement are welcome! - looking forward to the new map too. Kudo's team and keep up the good work. :)

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Han said:

66. MLRS artillery won’t try to shoot at paratroopers;

Okaaay. That would've been... interesting? In theory anyway. Probably quite annoying for mission designers and not as interesting in practice.

Beware to all those who have yet to update the game, this will render all previous track recordings unplayable. Best to make a backup without using the launcher and keeping it in offline mode if you want to have access to your old track recordings. Version 4.007 and 4.008 tracks are still backwards and forwards compatible.

VKRYPJ9.png

Edited by Polybymanus
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Polybymanus said:

Beware to all those who have yet to update the game, this will render all previous track recordings unplayable.

It has always been like that, after an update your tracks become unplayable.

This has been the case since the Rise Of Flight days.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

21 minutes ago, Polybymanus said:

Beware to all those who have yet to update the game, this will render all previous track recordings unplayable. Best to make a backup without using the launcher and keeping it in offline mode if you want to have access to your old track recordings. Version 4.007 and 4.008 tracks are still backwards and forwards compatible.

VKRYPJ9.png

Mmmm I’ve just discovered this. I might just delete all mine as I’ve got quite a few GB worth and most of them are crap as I hit record and think “this is gonna be a great video”, then make a complete balls-up of everything. 

Off to buy the Po2 now anyway...thx

Edited by -=No.66=-AlHo
Comment
  • Upvote 2
  • Han unpinned this topic