- Fw 190F2/F3/G2/G3

- Macchi 205V Serie I(Serie III?)

- P-40F/K (Kittyhawk II/III)

- A20B/C (Boston III)

- Baltimore 

- SM79 

The planeset for 1942 is already well covered

• Upvote 3

Heres a list of improvement I would like to see.

Control wise would love

1 To be able  to map the look zoom to a slider/tmp lever. At the moment it allows the axis to be mapped but doesn't work in game. 

2 Control profiles to be mapped to individual Aircrafts

3 Remove control key bindings for controls and functions that an aircraft doesn't have. Really useful for new players like myself who can spend ages mapping keys to only find out that they don't work in that particular plane.

Track Ir Not sure if this is possible, when zoomed in an option to slow down the speed the view moves when you move your head.

Plus to be able to crane your head further back without the view stopping. I know you can only move your head back so much IRF but can move your eyes up to see further back and we have much better FOV than you can get on a computer monitor.

Sound. Different voices would also be nice. Sounds are otherwise the best of the combat sims.

Campaign  a back button to the last mission. A couple of times I've accidently skipped a mission after failing.

Texture wise would love better desert texture at ground level but can live with the current ones.

And lastly 

Would love an option with the map overlay so it stays centred on the players plane. 

Cheers

Edited by ippai

About the Ju52 's activity, I'm a little surprised that an important mediteranean operation in which it played an important part, the invasion of Crete (may 1941), seems to be another "forgotten battle" :unsure:

My wishlist for future:

1-The new TRUESKY weather environment at first

2-Sea and ground kills to be added in the online stats (wasn't so important for BoB but more important in desert operations)

3-SM79 and Boston-III as bombers (More bombers? Cant1007 and Maryland!)

4-Specifically for battle of Crete: map including a little part of south-east Greece, Ju52 and... Brewster Buffalo (and a few Royal Navy ships) :P

5-More battle of France planes: CurtissH75, MB152, Potez 63-11, Leo45 and Br693 !

• Upvote 2

Forgot one idea : 

For an upcoming new release, considering the channel battlefield would be extended to later 1942 scenario, a great addition would be to make a flyable Dornier 217 bomber, Beginning with the Do 217E which was very active during Jubilee operation over Dieppe in the KG2 and KG40.

As this plane was rarely modelled in flight simulators and also very active in Mediteranean ops (and could be developped as Do217K and M which carried Hs293 and FritzX missils and guided bombs).

Also, night fighter variants... a lot of potential in this one, I think  :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, GilB57 said:

Forgot one idea : 

For an upcoming new release, considering the channel battlefield would be extended to later 1942 scenario, a great addition would be to make a flyable Dornier 217 bomber, Beginning with the Do 217E which was very active during Jubilee operation over Dieppe in the KG2 and KG40.

As this plane was rarely modelled in flight simulators and also very active in Mediteranean ops (and could be developped as Do217K and M which carried Hs293 and FritzX missils and guided bombs).

Also, night fighter variants... a lot of potential in this one, I think  :)

I've already answered this question on the Steam forums.  I will re-post that answer below:

There are a number of reasons why a Do 17/215 is unlikely.

1) There is only one surviving Do-17, but it was recovered from the seabed and is a corroded mess... see link below:

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbird-restorations/raf-museum-dornier-17-restoration-underway.html

That means, unlike a lot of WWII types, there is not a museum aircraft which can be visited, photographed in detail and measured... it is almost impossible to do correct cockpit, bombardier and gunner station modeling... the pictures from the time are limited and don't show all the details. Yes, there are lots of drawings of the outside dimensions and structure which can be used to create the external model... that has been done, but the interior is a bit of a mystery.

2) The performance data is also limited compared to what is available for many other types.

3) The aircraft was inferior to the Ju-88 in almost all areas, and inferior to the He-111 in bomb carrying and durability. So not many players would want to fly the Do-17 when they have the choice of the other two. This was the reason the aircraft was phased out from Luftwaffe service. The Do-17/215 is in the game so the players can create historically accurate scenarios... it is just not really worthwhile making flyable.

4) The addition of the Do-17 doesn't really add a unique experience players can have in CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ.... it is just another Luftwaffe bomber... which doesn't do anything the Ju-88 or He-111 doesn't do. For example, the reason we might consider adding a flyable Walrus or Heinkel He-59 is they would offer something unique for the players to experience, i.e. Air/Sea rescue.

5) Finally, there are a lot of other aircraft which are higher up on many more player's wishlists... like the FW-190, B-17, B-24, etc. etc.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Enceladus said:

@Buzzsaw

He said the Do-217, not the Do-17

Well... if I copy-paste from Wikipedia:

-  -  -  Quotation  -  -  -

Surviving aircraft

A total of 1,925 Do 217s were produced, however no complete aircraft survives. The largest known relic of this aircraft, a large piece of the rear fuselage, can be found at the Italian Air Force Museum in Rome. One remnant of a Do 217 in the United States is one of the Motoranlage unitized BMW 801ML (BMW 801L) radials, still fully cowled, at the New England Air Museum that used to power a Do 217. The remains of two aircraft then based at Toulouse that crashed over the Pyrenées in July 1944, were being recovered in 2013.

-  -  -  End of quotation  -  -  -

By all accounts... it should be considered Buzzsaw still is right, whether we talk about D-17s or Do-217s... don't you think so, fellas?

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

By all accounts... it should be considered Buzzsaw still is right, whether we talk about D-17s or Do-217s... don't you think so, fellas?

For the time being, the Do-335 is probably the only Dornier aircraft that has the greatest chance of ever being made flyable in this game.

Edited by Enceladus

Still waiting for a simple clear and 4k ripe HUD showing airspeed and height to keep me from crashing; as i am a lousy pilot BTW.

Edited by jollyjack
28 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

HUD showing airspeed and height

This is called the speed bar. Indeed, there's no speed bar in Cliffs of Dover which is the second IL-2 game while you can find it in the first IL-2 (1946) and the third IL-2 (Great Battles). Your request, Jollyjack, already caused controversies in the past because some players in this game cannot stand the simple fact of the availability of such a feature.  On the one hand I can't understand them because, if the speed bar is fully optional, then even server administrators wouldn't manage to impose it to those who disable it in their simulation. On the other hand, I can't understand the impetuosity some show when requesting this feature. I'm pretty sure I'm a worse pilot than you Jollyjack and I need no speed bar among my info windows... simply checking your dashboard is enough and, furthermore, provides a more satisfactory and immersive simulation.

This request has been presented several times in the past in the present official forums and TFS top management never said a word about implementing or not implementing a speed bar in Cliffs of Dover. My suspicion is that they don't want to implement it and, please no offence Jollyjack, I'd be quite happy with that.

Well, in Il2 you can switch it off,for the ones that can look at those measly little meters (on a 4k screen). My eyes are not that good any more.

There's a song about that: 20/20 visions

For me it also makes Cliffs far less appetizing and less playable. Especially on take off and landing i'd like to know whats going on.

Hey Jollyjack, thank you for the song, I've never heard it before and I always liked the US country style music... (but please do not tell this to my Tenno).

23 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

My eyes are not that good any more.

Oh, I see. But I'm almost 46 now, and my vision is getting worse and worse too... so now I zoom on the dashboard, much more than before. Believe me or not, but whatever the resolution you'll find in the game (4k... 2k...), you can exercice yourself doing fast zooms on your dashboard, even during the takeoff and landing stages.

• Thanks 1
On 4/4/2021 at 10:16 PM, Buzzsaw said:

I've already answered this question on the Steam forums.  I will re-post that answer below:

There are a number of reasons why a Do 17/215 is unlikely.

1) There is only one surviving Do-17, but it was recovered from the seabed and is a corroded mess... see link below:

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbird-restorations/raf-museum-dornier-17-restoration-underway.html

That means, unlike a lot of WWII types, there is not a museum aircraft which can be visited, photographed in detail and measured... it is almost impossible to do correct cockpit, bombardier and gunner station modeling... the pictures from the time are limited and don't show all the details. Yes, there are lots of drawings of the outside dimensions and structure which can be used to create the external model... that has been done, but the interior is a bit of a mystery.

2) The performance data is also limited compared to what is available for many other types.

3) The aircraft was inferior to the Ju-88 in almost all areas, and inferior to the He-111 in bomb carrying and durability. So not many players would want to fly the Do-17 when they have the choice of the other two. This was the reason the aircraft was phased out from Luftwaffe service. The Do-17/215 is in the game so the players can create historically accurate scenarios... it is just not really worthwhile making flyable.

4) The addition of the Do-17 doesn't really add a unique experience players can have in CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ.... it is just another Luftwaffe bomber... which doesn't do anything the Ju-88 or He-111 doesn't do. For example, the reason we might consider adding a flyable Walrus or Heinkel He-59 is they would offer something unique for the players to experience, i.e. Air/Sea rescue.

5) Finally, there are a lot of other aircraft which are higher up on many more player's wishlists... like the FW-190, B-17, B-24, etc. etc.

I was thinking about the Do217 because of the unique experience of managing missiles and guided bombs over the Mediteranean sea against allied ships, but I admit the lack of data about it can be a real problem (many nowadays players are very sensitive about the exact position of every button and controller in the cockpit ;) )

Anyway, thank you for this very argued answer (and sorry to have missed the previous answer) :)

I've been dying for a good Westland Whirlwind in a sim, but it looks as though I'd have to up and make it myself :') The performance data is all there, but having attempted to collect plans/blueprints to make the model, they are somewhat lacking beyond the basic outlines and some of the cockpit arrangement. One can dream..

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Lythronax said:

I've been dying for a good Westland Whirlwind ...

Don't do it. Live an active and healthy lifestyle with sports*.

:salute: ~V~

*sports: Shoot down Bf108 and all other buggy German planes.

6 hours ago, JG27_DAN55 said:

I'd like  Focke-Wulf  Fw 190 

You'll be delighted to know that the president of Team Fusion Simulations already said we will have three subvariants of the Anton in this game:

Fw 190 A-1

Fw 190 A-2

Fw 190 A-3

When ? "Heaven Knows, Mr. Dan55".

It's only second-guessing, but I think we will have those three Antons next year in 2022, or in 2023 at the latest (with the entire new add-on obviously). By the way, last year "Desert Wings - Tobruk" brought eight new flyable types to the game:

Bf 108
C.202
CR.42
D.520
Gladiator
P-40
F4F
Wellington

So let's keep guessing: I say this add-on which is currently under development will bring eight new aircraft to the list of flyables as well... Am I right you TFS guys?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

It's only second-guessing, but I think we will have those three Antons next year in 2022, or in 2023 at the latest (with the entire new add-on obviously). By the way, last year "Desert Wings - Tobruk" brought eight new flyable types to the game:

Bf 108
C.202
CR.42
D.520
Gladiator
P-40
F4F
Wellington

So let's keep guessing: I say this add-on which is currently under development will bring eight new aircraft to the list of flyables as well... Am I right you TFS guys?

I am not a member of Team Fusion so these are just my suggestions for new aircraft types other than the Fw-190:

Swordfish

SM.79

Hs-129

MC.200

C-47 (if they do Operation Torch)

Walrus and He-59 (if they do Air/Sea rescue)

A-20C

B-17

P-38

A-36

Hawk 75

That's all I have for the next installment, other than later variants of existing aircraft like the Bf-110F, Wellington III, P-40F, and Spitfire Mk.Vc, and carrier aircraft like the Seafire, Sea Gladiator and Sea Hurricane if Aircraft Carriers are included in the next installment.