Jump to content

Wishlist for IL2 Cliffs Of Dover Blitz / Desert Wings Tobruk


Recommended Posts

On 8/22/2020 at 8:18 AM, Lythronax said:

 

If the MTO is a possibility, does this give us a chance for carrier ops with Martlets and early Seafires?

We can't say for sure what the location will be or whether there will be Carriers... as I mentioned previously, we are not certain we will go on to the next module.

 

If we do proceed, then definitely there will be new ship types, including very likely a Scharnhorst Class Battlecruiser and an Admiral Hipper Class Heavy Cruiser to use on the Channel map in an Operation Cerberus type scenario.  Other ship types we can't reveal at this point as they would point to the location of the new map... the announcement of which 1C will make.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Buzzsaw You stated a while back, that assuming you do move on to another module after Desert Wings that the Bismarck and Bay of Biscay map would possibly be included as a side map to the major, yet to be disclosed map.

Just wondering if this is still in the plans?


Thank you, and good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Enceladus said:

@Buzzsaw You stated a while back, that assuming you do move on to another module after Desert Wings that the Bismarck and Bay of Biscay map would possibly be included as a side map to the major, yet to be disclosed map.

Just wondering if this is still in the plans?


Thank you, and good luck.

A Bay of Biscay map would be a relatively easy one to create as it would be 90% sea, with only a portion of Cornwall, Bretagne and southern France.

 

It would be a side map, not the focus of a module.

 

It would not be of much use in Multiplayer, mainly for singleplayer campaigns focusing on the British campaign versus the U-Boats and sub bases as well as potentially a 'what if' scenario involving the Bismarck fleeing its encounter with the Hood and Prince of Wales and heading for the safe haven of Saint-Nazaire.

 

But this map is a much lower priority than a full scale campaign map similar to what we created for TOBRUK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2020 at 10:19 AM, LLv34_Flanker said:

would rather see expansion of Mediterranean theatre rather than already "done a million times Europe". How about Operation Torch, Malta, Sicily, southern Italy instead

Absolutely! I agree 100%
Moving away from Med theathre would put TFS in collision route with IL2 and othe sims. Europe had been already "simulated" zillion times, as Flanker says.
The Med theatre instead is an extremely rare yet extremely interesting scenario, since it offers the possibility to fly uncommon planes and to have combined operations between air/land/sea forces with all the playing consequences.
I feel meaningless to move away from the Med theathre. Instead, you should expand the scenario towards Malta campaign, El Alamein, Sicily and following Italy campaign, where all the best of the allied planes can be added among some gem like C205, Re2005, G55 both in cobelligerant and RSI markings...
As for now, C200, Ba65 and SM79 are *urgently* needed.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 4SCT_V-Twin said:

Absolutely! I agree 100%
Moving away from Med theathre would put TFS in collision route with IL2 and othe sims. Europe had been already "simulated" zillion times, as Flanker says.
The Med theatre instead is an extremely rare yet extremely interesting scenario, since it offers the possibility to fly uncommon planes and to have combined operations between air/land/sea forces with all the playing consequences.
I feel meaningless to move away from the Med theathre. Instead, you should expand the scenario towards Malta campaign, El Alamein, Sicily and following Italy campaign, where all the best of the allied planes can be added among some gem like C205, Re2005, G55 both in cobelligerant and RSI markings...
As for now, C200, Ba65 and SM79 are *urgently* needed.

Greece? Crete? Malta? Sicily?Maybe mini-campaigns? I flew quite a few in the old IL-2.Of course we’d need at an absolute minimum New maps and the unlovely  Ju-52 (and the equally unlovely tri-motor SM79 in the old IL-2, I know I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but still....) as good as the one in Great Battles,,

post-19-0-25217400-1481202051.jpg

post-19-0-73801100-1481202048.jpg

post-19-0-76170200-1475144524_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
added info
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Is there a reason why VR isn't mentioned?  Or is this considered a feature?

 

VR is a big complaint now.  ACG have decided to go to Tobruk from Kuban for our next campaign but the VR guys aren't pleased about it and that's understandable.  This will commence early Summer there there will be a period of a few extra DWT sales and 1 fat server online on a Sunday for the duration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, No.501_Osprey said:

Is there a reason why VR isn't mentioned?  Or is this considered a feature?

 

VR is a big complaint now.  ACG have decided to go to Tobruk from Kuban for our next campaign but the VR guys aren't pleased about it and that's understandable.  This will commence early Summer there there will be a period of a few extra DWT sales and 1 fat server online on a Sunday for the duration.

Hello Osprey

 

VR is and continues to be a priority for development.

 

We have discussed this with 1C and they are also in agreement this feature should definitely be a part of the next module, with retroactive implementation for BLITZ and TOBRUK at the same time if not earlier.

 

We are currently focused on the implementation of the trueSKY weather and cloud software... it is taking longer than we hoped for a number of reasons.  Once that is finished, VR is #1 in the code team development priority list.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The availability in 'Options' to select 'Increased landing strip visibility'. It would be so nice to have the option to make the landing strips more visible for those of us who are casual fliers. Thanks. 🙂

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

MY WISHES:

 

Please Team Fusion Simulations, keep modelling FOREVER every sub-variant or specifically modified aircraft as an independent flyable in the game. Blitz + Tobruk this is 20 types distributed in 140 flyables (variants and sub-variants). NO OTHER flight simulator in the whole history of computer simulation did that before, the Dover series is the only sim on earth with such an awesome level of detail and accuracy. Please always keep it that way, especially now that you are developing a new add-on.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 7:53 PM, Buzzsaw said:

Hello Osprey

 

VR is and continues to be a priority for development.

 

We have discussed this with 1C and they are also in agreement this feature should definitely be a part of the next module, with retroactive implementation for BLITZ and TOBRUK at the same time if not earlier.

 

We are currently focused on the implementation of the trueSKY weather and cloud software... it is taking longer than we hoped for a number of reasons.  Once that is finished, VR is #1 in the code team development priority list.

Good to hear! I must say that no matter how awesome the new weather is (and I have no doubt it will be awesome), lack of vr is something inhibiting literally hundreds if not thousands of potential customers from picking up and playing CLoD, including myself now that I have seen the light LOL. In my own squad of 15-20 pilots, nearly half are vr and that is increasing every month that goes by. VR in GB is greatly limited by the game engine (read performance issues like time dilation) so I especially await CLoD's vr implementation as I forsee it being spectacular due to the superior game engine that supports literally hundreds of AI units without a major performance hit. The challenging AI and exquistie damage, systems, and engine modeling will also be quite an upgrade compared to GB. If I owned a large screen and track ir, I would still play CLoD, but many of us vr enthusiasts have downsized our kit so we patiently await what is to come. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OneGunnerUnder said:

A flyable C-47 or Li-2 would be incredible, or some other allied transport aircraft to balance out the JU-52. I am partial to the C-47, though 😉

 

 

A Li-2 makes no sens in the game as it is, unless the next theatre of operations is located in Eastern Europe, and in my opinion this is very unlikely. I go for the C-47 in the next add-on, wherever it is located but only if the USA is present in the theatre of operations TFS chose. A Ju 52 is advisable, undoubtedly, as useful in all the already existing maps (Battle of Britain and Desert War).

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OneGunnerUnder said:

A flyable C-47 or Li-2 would be incredible, or some other allied transport aircraft to balance out the JU-52. I am partial to the C-47, though 😉

 

This Wishlist is for the Cliffs of Dover series, not Great Battles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably not the most popular aircraft, but how about something completely different, the Fiesler Storch. Land backwards onto a bare airstrip the size of a swimming pool in the middle of nowhere to deliver someone's lunch and then off you go again!

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 4:53 PM, Buzzsaw said:

Hello Osprey

 

VR is and continues to be a priority for development.

 

We have discussed this with 1C and they are also in agreement this feature should definitely be a part of the next module, with retroactive implementation for BLITZ and TOBRUK at the same time if not earlier.

 

We are currently focused on the implementation of the trueSKY weather and cloud software... it is taking longer than we hoped for a number of reasons.  Once that is finished, VR is #1 in the code team development priority list.

 

I know that there was some effort, be it more limited, placed on in-house dynamic campaign generator development. Is this still progressing and is it still a long ways off?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see more of what the guys here have done with AI working coop with players. Larger formations and more AI filling in the roles of flights that the players don't care to do.  What has been done so far with your campaigns is really quite incredible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a QMB like the original IL2:1946 would go a long way for Single Players or something like the work SYN_Vander has done on IL2: BoX which is an external utility that allows players to create a multitude of Single Player Missions and Online and then be able to load the Mision in the FMB and tweak it if required. This would be a great utility for CloD if no further work on a QMB or QMB interface is ever going to happen.

 

Mission_generator.thumb.png.c347d7b0ddc2a1c667bf47be8f05f7a9.png

 

 

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go for a few more ground objects: Thoughts and suggestions for additional objects - Tobruk Missions & Campaigns - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum 

 

It would be good to have an AI MC.200, an Italian trimotor bomber, and one early war Italian multipurpose aircraft for the Gladiators to hunt (Probably an IMAM Ro.37 or maybe a Capronio Ca.133 or Ca.31X). These aircraft would really make the Italian plane-set better represented.

 

I'm also a bit fascinated by the Battle of France... a few AI aircraft would be neat: The fascinating Battle of France & its aircraft - some idle imaginings - General Discussion - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum

 

But Malta and a Fairey Swordfish would be pretty neat... I do hope negotiations go well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

Just a QMB like the original IL2:1946 would go a long way for Single Players or something like the work SYN_Vander has done on IL2: BoX which is an external utility that allows players to create a multitude of Single Player Missions and Online and then be able to load the Mision in the FMB and tweak it if required. This would be a great utility for CloD if no further work on a QMB or QMB interface is ever going to happen.

 

Mission_generator.thumb.png.c347d7b0ddc2a1c667bf47be8f05f7a9.png

 

 

 

Early in CloD "drama" something similar was created, but was defeat by AI issues, e.g. in a 1x1 scenery enemy flight ignoring player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

 

Early in CloD "drama" something similar was created, but was defeat by AI issues, e.g. in a 1x1 scenery enemy flight ignoring player.

TFS have said the Ai has been focused on, maybe whoever worked on that QMB would consider following it up? 

 

I know a few who were working on a DCG but not a QMB like this? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Thundercracker said:

So, does that mean you're going to be producing another module? Or is it all still dependant on sales? 

I can't make an official announcement, that will be done by Jason and 1C.

 

We are optimistic we can move ahead.  We have been working as we discuss the situation.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

We hope to have a new QUICK MISSION BUILDER similar to the original IL-2 for the next module.

 

For the record - I actually prefer the QMB over the one in the original Il-2 and the one in BoX/Great Battles...

 

I really like the fact that it is possible for the player to effectively create new scenarios, with new ground targets and locations - and then use the menu to just change the combination of aircraft involved... it allows for a lot of flexibility!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Avimimus said:

 

For the record - I actually prefer the QMB over the one in the original Il-2 and the one in BoX/Great Battles...

 

I really like the fact that it is possible for the player to effectively create new scenarios, with new ground targets and locations - and then use the menu to just change the combination of aircraft involved... it allows for a lot of flexibility!

What we would introduce would be a complement to the existing quick mission system.  We would not discard that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Avimimus said:

 

For the record - I actually prefer the QMB over the one in the original Il-2 and the one in BoX/Great Battles...

 

I really like the fact that it is possible for the player to effectively create new scenarios, with new ground targets and locations - and then use the menu to just change the combination of aircraft involved... it allows for a lot of flexibility!

 

So in CloD QMB, how do I choose the Winter Map for the British Column Attack, then load up an aircraft and change the loadout for it?

Genuinely intrigued at how versatile the CloD QMB as I must truly have missed how much tweaking can be done?

 

So this is the 1946 FMB with BAT update from SAS allowing a few other maps and loadouts, but the options are still the same. You can build your Single Mission whether it be a ground attack, a dogfight, a scramble if your base is under attack, you can choose if you have an advantage or disadvantage, you can choose any map, your flight position, weather, etc, etc:

 

vlcsnap-2021-02-24-10h12m39s667.thumb.jpg.6c9b88085b5fee77119e977f77e39bf0.jpg

 

vlcsnap-2021-02-24-10h13m47s553.thumb.jpg.af2d51e51c3ab57dac657e7a1f35ae85.jpg

 

vlcsnap-2021-02-24-10h14m06s387.thumb.jpg.6c56d544a8a610c055fa74db8da3d773.jpg

 

vlcsnap-2021-02-24-10h14m18s386.thumb.jpg.bb5ece5b3b02ac244ee6be1985e346e7.jpg

 

vlcsnap-2021-02-24-10h14m50s934.thumb.jpg.805e4d1d087d68736d94c2f1999ff2e8.jpg

 

And this is CloD, where you can't even change the loadout in QMB, can't change the map the prebuilt missions are created for.....and you prefer it?

 

1048931103_CloDQMB2.thumb.JPG.702fa415c43450499e4e0a89cbc30b3e.JPG

 

988810185_CloDFMB.thumb.JPG.28419218649986355e206de0460168b5.JPG

 

Genuinely trying to understand why you think the CloD one is better?

Edited by Mysticpuma
Link to post
Share on other sites

A little more airfield ground activity would be nice when you're returning from a mission. The equipment is all there, but there's very little sign of life. A couple of vehicles moving around would be nice. I think I've seen it occasionally...maybe a little more of it. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better night flying visual conditions would be highly appreciated, together with searchlights and realistic flak tracers which would make a night bombing/night fighting scenario much more feasible ;)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TDK1044 said:

A little more airfield ground activity would be nice when you're returning from a mission. The equipment is all there, but there's very little sign of life. A couple of vehicles moving around would be nice. I think I've seen it occasionally...maybe a little more of it. 🙂

 

 

Yes, agreed. For example, in the Great Battles series windsocks shake with the wind. In the Dover series windsocks are completely still...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geleitzug said:

Better night flying visual conditions would be highly appreciated, together with searchlights and realistic flak tracers which would make a night bombing/night fighting scenario much more feasible ;)

 

I'm sure the whole game's lighting will change once TrueSky is implemented. That said, there are already working searchlights and part of the flak guns (mostly small to medium calibers, e.g. 20 - 40mm) also have tracers modelled.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Karaya said:

 

I'm sure the whole game's lighting will change once TrueSky is implemented. That said, there are already working searchlights and part of the flak guns (mostly small to medium calibers, e.g. 20 - 40mm) also have tracers modelled.

The searchlights work but still pan far too fast, also they don't show up in trk files, but when they work they do look impressive :)

 

 

Edited by Mysticpuma
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Buzzsaw 

 

Any plan to allow a Simshaker compatibility with IL2 COD Blitz / Tobruk for Forcefeel / Realteus users ? 

 

Many thanks for your feedback and continue the good work 😀

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OBT-Voss said:

@Buzzsaw 

 

Any plan to allow a Simshaker compatibility with IL2 COD Blitz / Tobruk for Forcefeel / Realteus users ? 

 

Many thanks for your feedback and continue the good work 😀

 

I am waiting for this as well as VR.  I have a JetPad and SimShaker software and it works great for all my flight sims except CloD :(

There is a thread somewhere about this and Buzzsaw has said it is on the list, if I remember correctly.

 

Happy landings,

 

Talisman

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...