New aircraft DLC or...?

I think they would need to renegotiate their contract but I would much rather see 2 matched aircraft released together ($20) while other members work on a new map (Alps?) for a future paid release. That way the money keeps trickling in and pays for future development...... But I would love a B24 or B17 especially with the formation sizes CloD can handle 😜

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe another aircraft the French used? Incredibly niche but I'd love the Hawk. As for bombers, maybe something more in our current time frame like the B-25, though a four engine would be incredible. I'll admit I'm drawing blanks on what the RAF is missing currently for 40-41 North Africa/Channel that would sell.

• Upvote 1

Yeah a sort of mini-pack would be cool, without a map just a few planes, maybe a Battle of France pack with the Hawk 75 and the MS 406, maybe a flyable Do-17? Or a 1942 pack with the Spitfire Vc, Fw. 190 A to be used on the Channel map, maybe with the German battleships to do the Channel Dash?

Collector planes could be cool. But it's up to TFS and I understand if they'd want to just keep it all for one big release - especially since CloD seems to need everyone on the server to own whatever content is on the server so if someone didn't want to buy an extra plane they couldn't join the server even if they wanted to fly the stuff they already had.

• Like 2

S!

I think the bomber boys would be happy if more of those would come. Look at Do-17, external model is already there. Can be hard to get references though. But a very neglected plane, it served our Air Force well as late as 1944.

Even planes would be added as collector versions or similar, people gravitate to their favorite planes quickly anyway. Can be seen now too in Tobruk, most of planes online are Spitfires as it guarantees results. And there is a plenty of new ones to try..

I would love to see TFS succeeding with CloD/Tobruk. Be it crushing bugs, cleaning up the code, adding content, VR or anything improving the experience and keeping CloD/Tobruk alive. 

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 3

Do-17 and Blenheim Mk. I would be a good first DLC combo, both exist as AI already. Right now my wishlist is Italian aircraft, C. 200, Sm. 79 and I know this is a huge pull and may be impossible given how hard it is to find documentation but I'd love the Breda Ba.65 despite it being a godawful aircraft, it fits perfectly into the 40-41 Western Desert theater and gives Italy its only ground attack aircraft, inferior to the Stuka and hell to fly, really niche but I feel that's the strength of Desert Wings, it's not afraid to do things WW2 sims don't usually do.

• Upvote 1

If I could choose a current AI aircraft to be made flyable I’d pick the Defiant. 
Could be a lot of fun with a human gunner. 

I’d love to see the Sunderland become flyable too, but that’s a lot of work and it possibly isn’t worth the effort to include it, at least not right now. 

There are a few new types that would be cool too but honestly, I can’t think of any real gaps that need to be filled. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think also  it would come down to  resources available and priorities (developing a plane is done by a team of people not 1 or 2 ppl). According to interview with Il-2 Gb devs it takes them about 12 month from research stage to in game to make 1 plane, going through its different development stages), I would expect similar with il-2 COD/Tobruk, and they already stated in a recent interview that they still did not even get all the content planned into current release of IL-2 Tobruk.

So I would not be expecting any collector planes in near future even without contractual constraints...

( I'm looking forward to seeing the trueSKY weather engine and dynamic campaign over collector planes, ppl always want "their plane"... 🤔, no matter how many they get)

Things coming still: this year and future

Video interview with Team Fusion Simulations

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
added interview video link

I think C200 and S.79 are badly needed in order to complete a realistic North African plane setup. G50 and C200 flew quite differently, one cannot be the stand-in for the other and S79 is simply a must for any Mediterranean theatre. Hope we can get them one day. Keep up the excellent work!

Edited by 4SCT_CR42Falco
  • Upvote 2

-> In Great Battles these Collector Planes did more damage to the game than they were worth it.

Many people who aren't sim fanatics come at this from the IL-2 1946 and Warthunder frame, where only the number of flyable planes = content, without any appreciation (or just as likely without any frame of reference) for the actual depth and fidelity of the simulation itself.

For to many people, a Spitfire is a Spitfire is a Spitfire, whether it was in BoB: 1940, Jane's WWII Fighters, European Air War, IL-2 1946, War Thunder, DCS World,  IL-2 BoS, or IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz. After all, if Warthunder can provide a hundred planes for free, why does IL-2 BoS or DCS World as example charge for so few planes? The fact that the later is a significantly more detailed simulation doesn't factor into it.

Edited by Livai
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Livai said:

-> In Great Battles these Collector Planes did more damage to the game than they were worth it.

That is interesting, because I‘ve never had this impression. I actually thought they were a nice addition and also a good thing, since it allowed players with one module and one collector plane to fly in different servers in MP. 
To be fair I have almost all of them and rarely fly them... Sticking to the 109s included in the base modules + 109G-6.

Is there anything specific you could point me to that led you to this conclusion?

8 hours ago, 9./JG52_J-HAT said:

That is interesting, because I‘ve never had this impression. I actually thought they were a nice addition and also a good thing, since it allowed players with one module and one collector plane to fly in different servers in MP. 
To be fair I have almost all of them and rarely fly them... Sticking to the 109s included in the base modules + 109G-6.

Is there anything specific you could point me to that led you to this conclusion?

Before these planes were named as " Premium Planes " now their new name is " Collector Planes ". When you had the time to follow people comments on Steam or read the negative Steam previews on steam then you could notice how many were unhappy about these Collector Planes. A lot were talking about their price and that these planes were cut-off from the Game to sell them as DLC for a Premium Price whatever. As example Standard Edition cost on Sale $25 but the Collector Plane $10.  See, a Collector Plane cost a lot more than the whole package on Sale. No matter if -50% or -75% off on sale always these Collector Planes cost more than the whole package. Another example the Bf 109 G-6, Yak-9 or the La-5FN the changes that were needed to make them are far less than fully new planes.

-> What you expect, when you charge $20 but in the package each plane cost far less than $6. A nice addition is when it cost just $10 and not $20.

Like I said already when players come from the frame "number of flyable planes = content" and "a Spitfire is a Spitfire is a Spitfire, whether game it was" will be very very hard to explain these players why they need to pay that much for far less content than before. When you say to them because of the much better FM you will hear from them as answer: "As long the Spitfire behave like a Spitfire is a Spitfire, whether game it was!"

When players buy on sale then the work spend to make these Collector Planes was not worth. You can be pretty sure that 99% buy the Standard Edition for just $49 than the Deluxe Edition for $79. A lot players don't see the reason to pay +$30 more for just two planes more.

Got it, thanks @Livai. Makes sense.
I hadn‘t thought from that point of view. Because I guess I think that a lot of work goes into making the modules and the different planes (which I know too are different, even if all are Spitfires or 109s). But as you say, some sub-variants are also easier to make from the existing models.
I‘ve always seen them as a way to make more money too with something that some players see as added value to their own games. And help develop the game further.

Yeah, Steam Reviews (and reddit) are usually a good place to read raw , unfiltered feedback from normal players, not just the hardcore fans / more knowledgable players.

• Upvote 1