TORCH LANDINGS IN DESERT WINGS?

sgt_fresh

• 3 weeks later...

Vichy(blue side) could become a selectable country in the coming patches.

We need the list of Vichy france squadrons Who Fought during Syria Lebanon campaign and Torch operation.

players won’t have the real maps,but almost every needed aircrafts are already there

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
343KKT_Kintaro
On 8/26/2020 at 2:16 PM, kashiide said:

We need the list of Vichy france squadrons Who Fought during Syria Lebanon campaign and Torch operation.

And Tunisia, I think. At least one D.520 squadron was somewhere patrolling the Tunisian skies during the Tunisian Campaign... for free French forces in 1942. I should double-check, but I don't have reliable sources, sorry.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:10 PM, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

And Tunisia, I think. At least one D.520 squadron was somewhere patrolling the Tunisian skies during the Tunisian Campaign... for free French forces in 1942. I should double-check, but I don't have reliable sources, sorry.

Je conseille les Docavia,tout est dedans,les groupes de chasse,sur tous les théâtres d opération.

on y trouve mentionnée les patrouilles de D520 en Tunisie,mais elles ont vite été interrompues,à cause des radio françaises incompatibles avec les modèles Anglo Américains.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ITA-SUP-Bigans

players won’t have the real maps,but almost every needed aircrafts are already there

I never read about DE 520 used during Torch operation.

As I know, all DE 520 were taken by German and Italians in 1943. So no De 520 were flyed by French pilots in Tunisinian campaign in 1943. Some french pilots fought against italian pilots in 1940 in South East of France, in Corsia and in Tunisia till the surrender, but there weeren't DE 520 in Corsica and in Tunisia in 1940, while they were employed in defending ieres AB from italian assault in 1940, shoting down many BR 20 bombers and CR 42.

75 De 520 were employed against ALLIED fprce by italian pilots in July 1943, protecting Sicily and Naples, because italian fighters with 20 mm guns were few. German didn't want to sell the other 200 De 520 prefering to use for their training.

Edited by ITA-SUP-Bigans

• 3 weeks later...
343KKT_Kintaro

I think Kashiide is right. Above I mentioned the Free French Forces but that's rubish: the D.520 used in Tunisia were former 3rd Republic aircraft fallen into the Vichy France forces. Those D.520s were used for air patrolling but never saw action against the allies as they were quickly replaced by American planes (Grumanns or Curtisses, I need to check sources). Kashiide suggests to check the French "Docavia" series of books, by the French editing house Larivière.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any news regarding this?

• Upvote 1