Jason_Williams

Discussion of IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk Release!

No any problem to install it > key from the IL-2 Store > activate it in Steam > activate the DLC > new 11GB on my disc :popcorm:.

I don't have the new DLC (literally got the base game this week) but I notice a huge update is happening to the base game. Have there been any changes to the base game?

26 minutes ago, YoYo said:

No any problem to install it > key from the IL-2 Store > activate it in Steam > activate the DLC > new 11GB on my disc :popcorm:.

Same here. 

6 minutes ago, smokey_mkii said:

I don't have the new DLC (literally got the base game this week) but I notice a huge update is happening to the base game. Have there been any changes to the base game?

Any corrections to the code and game engine will also be for players who purchased Blitz before and don't want/have  the N. Africa expansion. 

3 minutes ago, 69thSpiritus said:

Any corrections to the code and game engine will also be for players who purchased Blitz before and don't want/have  the N. Africa expansion. 

Is there a change log for this huge update of the base game (Blitz edition)? Thank you.

29 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Baby steps here, do I activate it first in the GB store License Key page?

4 minutes ago, 69thSpiritus said:

Wowza, 6 GB of code corrections. Have the graphics been updated or just the physics engine, etc.?

1 minute ago, smokey_mkii said:

Wowza, 6 GB of code corrections. Have the graphics been updated or just the physics engine, etc.?

We will post the list of changes to the base BLITZ game later today or tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Buzzsaw said:

We will post the list of changes to the base BLITZ game later today or tomorrow.

Cheers boss!

Downloaded, updated, played and game works fine. I haven't tried any campaigns, because i'm on laptop which is just crap... Vega 8 graphics.. I can't wait to install this to my Desktop. African Theater of War is always been my favourite. 

Posted (edited)

73e5aee756e7cbf52e231d9a2f422fb9.png

fc618d47b735313c304a6ec506dbc440.png

Now, time to fly! thank you all!

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jollyjack said:

We'll see what goes, back to IL2 for a while LoL.

Enjoy your game 😉

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

DWT is an add-on to CloDB, not a seperate game. The update includes DWT if you own it and have enabled it in the Manage DLC option in the Steam library.

I know and I had. It just took a while to reflect that in steam.

I am also totally confused about downloading the add on. People are saying click on a DLC button when you click on the game in the left hand pane of Steam but I can't find a DLC button. Help!!!!

3 minutes ago, bluedragon said:

I am also totally confused about downloading the add on. People are saying click on a DLC button when you click on the game in the left hand pane of Steam but I can't find a DLC button. Help!!!!

Right click on Blitz, go to properties, then to DLC and see it it is there. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bluedragon said:

am also totally confused about downloading the add on. People are saying click on a DLC button when you click on the game in the left hand pane of Steam but I can't find a DLC button. Help!!!!

Do you see this?

tu.png.692ac7466f413173fe32b0d333d46337.png

Or this?

Capture2.PNG.d519b02b71e074da72c02d71bc09dd63.PNG

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard
See Edit

No I just have this!!!!! But I do have DLC button with other games. I bought the add-on last week and its showing in purchases on the IL2 site.

1697144083_Blitzscreen.thumb.jpg.0dbdaf54f45a532e013a13091cc7b1a4.jpg

Posted (edited)

...i never had to press any DLC button or do any enabling of any sort. It automatically downloaded and integrated the DLC into the base game. When you start up the game (CLOD Blitz), you can navigate to missions and campaigns and the portions of each part (BOB & Tobruk) are both there.

Edited by Redwo1f

Maybe you already downloaded it and didn't notice. Launch the game, there isn't a special game to click on, just play Blitz and see if it says 5.0 on the bottom right. 

I've got version 5.0 at the bottom of the page but its the same game with what look like a couple of background images changes. The campaigns are the same Adler Angriff and Cliffs of Dover. I did have a download but it just seems to have updated the core game.

Okay good. So we know that worked. You never said if you have the DLC in your Blitz properties tab. What does that look like?

I bought Cliffs of Dover and Rise of Flight to support the developers despite their lack of VR.  I'd love to buy Desert Wings but its lack of VR means I will not.  I will buy anything they produce and any available collector aircraft if and when they incorporate VR.  

Posted (edited)

I've also right clicked on the Blitz game, gone to properties and there is no DLC tab but with other games I have with DLC the tab is there. I just have tabs for general, updates, local files, language and betas.

Is this a complete game delete and reinstall?????

Edited by bluedragon

1 minute ago, bluedragon said:

I've also right clicked on the Blitz game, gone to properties and there is no DLC tab but with other games I have with DLC the tab is there. Is this a complete game delete and reinstall?????

No. Maybe exit (completely exit) steam and relaunch it. 

Congrats on the release TF! It's been great so far from what I've been trying out. The new planes are a ton of fun and really good quality too. Your Martlet looks great Spritus :) and I had a total blast in the Tomahawk killing one F4 and sharing in another on my first good online mission over the desert. D.520 is really neat too. You guys knocked it out of the park.

I've restarted the computer then gone back into Steam and still nothing. I've also checked Paypal and the transaction went through.

4 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Cool!

Now i'm thinking "but where are the manuals" 😄

Time to try and fly one of these new planes I guess.

They are here

Clipboard01.png

1 minute ago, bluedragon said:

I've restarted the computer then gone back into Steam and still nothing. I've also checked Paypal and the transaction went through.

If you bought it via Steam directly it should be there without intervention.

If you bought it via the IL-2 site: Did you actually redeem the Steam key for Desert Wings in Steam?

5 minutes ago, bluedragon said:

Can you try to verify Blitz? It should all be automatic so I'm just spit-balling. 

I should also ask where you bought the game. 

Thanks for keeping the dream alive Team Fusion. I'm totally engaged and have incredible fun for hours now! 

After fiddling around with the new aircraft I've just finished my first campaign mission. 

Just now, 69thSpiritus said:

Can you try to verify Blitz? It should all be automatic so I'm just spit-balling. 

What do you mean verify? Game file integrity?

Just now, bluedragon said:

Yes. Right click/properties again. Also I asked where you bought the game... steam, here, or somewhere else? 

3 minutes ago, bluedragon said:

silly question have you activated the key on steam?

Posted (edited)

2 people giving me different info now fellas. I had the original game ages ago and then updated it on Steam to Blitz. As to activating the key on Steam, you've lost me there.   How do I do that?

Edited by bluedragon

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk is now OFFICIALLY RELEASED! 

Congrats to Team Fusion Simulations!

Feel free to discuss in this topic.

Jason

August 6th. Opened Steam it downloaded 6.5GB to Cliffs Of Dover Blitz. NO NEW CONTENT????? WHAT is going on?????

Got the game, but where can I find instructions for the planes? I'm trying to fly with the C202 but I'm frying the engine at take off...

I think I've got it now. It wasn't activated so I had to copy and past the code in. Other posters have said they just went to the game and it automatically updated so confused as to why I needed to do that.

Just now, bluedragon said:

I think I've got it now. It wasn't activated so I had to copy and past the code in. Other posters have said they just went to the game and it automatically updated so confused as to why I needed to do that.

Sorry, I guess we were both confused. I pre-ordered from 1C and had already entered in my steam key days ago to activate. Didn't realize you hadn't done that.

Thanks 69thSpiritus and Custard for helping me out, its now downloading the new content. Well that wasn't exactly straightforward.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bluedragon said:

activating the key on Steam, you've lost me there.

in the bottom left of the steam interface you will see this.

3.PNG.66fca59e21ea865fa9db641df7b00bcf.PNG

Click add a game and you get this

4.PNG.ec81c7ab52b35e78ff0f82200e58079b.PNG

Click activate product on steam and copy and paste your licence key for Tobruk  from your IL2 profile page to activate the product.

Capture6.PNG.6a7f320927086ffcfd4865f4d65f9ed5.PNG

Edit: Glad you got it sorted.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard
See Edit
  • Like 1