Sign in to follow this  
AndyJWest

I have a solution to the whole 'G' modelling thing ​😉​

Posted (edited)

One of the fundamental problems with desktop air combat simulations is that G forces have never been propely modelled. Until now. I've just realised that the answer has been available all the time. What the combat sim world needs most are negative-G trousers. A normal (positive) G-suit, as worn by the poor guys who have to sit in a real aeroplane to get the proper air-combat experience, works by countering G through positive air pressure on your lower appendages, forcing the blood back to your brain. But what would happen if, under the sensible 1-G flying we all enjoy, the suit was to suck air out instead of blowing it in? This will have to drain your brain of blood, surely? And when it does, you get all the experience of blacking out through G-induced brain-shutdowns, with none of the unnecessary noise and expense required to do it in an actual aircraft. Perfect!

I breifly considered running off to the patent office with this idea, which would surely have made me a fortune. I have however decided that I owe it to the simmer community to make the idea freely available (subject only to the proviso that I'm not responsible for any consequences), so all can benefit. I look forward to seeing who can get this concept up and working first. I'm sure that those of you who have built your own cockpits will have little difficulty rigging up something, and no doubt Thrustmaster or Saitek will be following along soon enough with a commercial product for the rest of us. Fun times ahead for all!

Edited by AndyJWest
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Andy,

I am sorry, you are too late!   The aptly named Seersucker Suit already does that and more!

And no need to worry about negative health effects unless you buy a suit that is Two sizes too small. 😏

The more you pay for it the more negative G's you wallet gets exposed to.

Edited by RAAF492SQNOz_Steve
yet another typo

If I have to put some pants on I'm really not interested.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

i think the airforce already uses something for negative g

reversing a real suit woudl work

btw i bet you can buy sucking pants in a sexshop

Edited by raaaid

Well all I have to do is open the windows. Those mosquitos are big and numerous enough to suck blood 🩸 out of anything for free

Posted (edited)

Did you get this idea from the noodle  pump? 

🤣

Edited by Jaws2002

On 8/2/2020 at 12:36 PM, AndyJWest said:

works by countering G through positive air pressure on your lower appendages, forcing the blood back to your brain. But what would happen if, under the sensible 1-G flying we all enjoy, the suit was to suck air out instead of blowing it in?

For people on a budget one could get a normal g-suit and wrap it around one's head and torso to squeeze the blood out instead 😄

would it be rude to point out the basic physics problem that prevents this from being actually possible?

if you surround yourself with an airtight bag, then pump out all the air from it, the result will be that you'll experience ambient pressure, as it pushes against the other side of the empty bag....

you can't pump in a vacuum 🤔

2 minutes ago, 19//Moach said:

Pure defeatism. I refuse to bow down to the laws of physics. Law are made to be broken. Or at least, to be snuck around when nobody is looking. If Otto Lilienthal had thought like that, he wouldn't be where he is today...

@HBPencil: nice idea but I think wearing inflatable rubber trousers on ones head is taking things to far. People might think we are weirdos or something. 😉

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

@HBPencil: nice idea but I think wearing inflatable rubber trousers on ones head is taking things to far. People might think we are weirdos or something. 😉

If the antenna/antlers contraption (TrackIR) attached to our headsets hasn't already driven that point firmly home.... 😁

Edited by 19//Moach

5 hours ago, 19//Moach said:

5 hours ago, 19//Moach said:

You can however put it IN a vacuum.

Between you and me, I’ve tried it and it didnt end well.   Sssshhh, our little secret.

• Sad 1

On 8/2/2020 at 7:57 AM, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Well all I have to do is open the windows. Those mosquitos are big and numerous enough to suck blood 🩸 out of anything for free

You either live in New Jersey or Minnesota

On 8/4/2020 at 8:20 AM, HBPencil said:

For people on a budget one could get a normal g-suit and wrap it around one's head and torso to squeeze the blood out instead 😄

A VR headset seems to do the same job for a fraction of the cost.

3 hours ago, unreasonable said:

A VR headset seems to do the same job for a fraction of the cost.

That is actually the truth. 
goggles has a long way to go before being whats normally called comfortable 

5 hours ago, BornToBattle said:

You either live in New Jersey or Minnesota

Or northern part of Norway

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2020 at 8:36 PM, AndyJWest said:

This will have to drain your brain of blood, surely?

It's legal to do that here now. No special suit required. :cool: