= Meanwhile, Bombers and Fighters / R.o.F =

Well it would be a great idea to start training with RoF.. it is a Sim that is pack with close actions.. Bombers lovers should really have a blast ( Multy seats ) for fighters experience is fantastic.

Have fun,  the community is becoming bigger and bigger everyday, more and more servers are appearing. We are on this together.

-G

Yes, the RoF bombsights are generic, simplified, and truth be told far too accurate - but then mission designers can compensate by making the targets too small.  It is possible to level-bomb a stationary barge from 10,000 ft, but definitely not easy - unless you are using the H.P. O-400 (not that it will get to 10,000 ft in any sensible timescale), which can carry a single 1650 lb bomb - accuracy becomes less of a concern.

Anyway, It would certainly seem sensible for the BoS developers to put some effort into proper bombsights, if they want to attract bomber pilots - which I'm sure they do. It's worth noting that Jason is a bomber fan himself, which should give grounds for hope. 

RoF bombers?

2012_12_11__3_47_38.png

Gotha. The directional stability of a wheelie-bin on an ice rink. Can climb, can turn - but not both at the same time. Stalls if you sneeze. Magnificent!  B)

Rather an unbelievable FM, IMHO.

But I really think we should stop all this comparing to RoF.   I don't want BoS to be anything like RoF, except for the fact that it runs smoothly.

I want an up to date sim, with believable ground textures, proper damage modeling (if one of the all metal aircraft from WW2 bounces when it hits the ground the game will be over IMHO), and varied weather conditions and overall a world that feels alive.  And of course the feeling of flight that we got with CloD must absolutely be there.

I have RoF,  I play RoF and I enjoy it, but I want a much better sim than RoF for my WW2 experience.

• Upvote 1

Well it would be a great idea to start training with RoF.. it is a Sim that is pack with close actions.. Bombers lovers should really have a blast ( Multy seats ) for fighters experience is fantastic.

Have fun,  the community is becoming bigger and bigger everyday, more and more servers are appearing. We are on this together.

-G

I have a feeling the RoF crowd see this as a WWII RoF and the IL2 Crowd see this as a new IL2.   When in actual fact I'd like to say it has the best elements of both however only time will tell.

I suggest to you you get training by flying IL2 Cliffs of Dover.    ;)    Over 19 aircraft for less than ?

Edited by 5JG27Farber

I really do hope that a bit of attention is payed to the early bombers and not just mainly the late war versions.

One aircraft that has up to now never made it into a sim in,  would be this baby:

image004.jpg

A He 111E well I am a big fan of those early bombers that where designed in the early thirties or even late twenties.

Although bombers alone, will not bring in the bomber pilots, as with bombers you need fitting ground targets!

Edited by VaeTibi

-G

+1

ROF is a great sim. Supporting ROF is also supporting the future of IL2: Battle of Stalingrad, since helping 777 Studios, in any fashion, will help support the men and women helping to ensure a bright future for IL2. It is also so that supporting IL2 is supporting ROF. As of now, can it be more clear that the ROF community and IL2 community is but one common community? In time, I think it will be apparent that a half should not be without that which makes it whole. The IL2 players and the ROF players are now part of a whiole new community. Let us enjoy in the pleasures the two halves bring to the whole. S! Misha James

Edited by MishaJames

+1

ROF is a great sim. Supporting ROF is also supporting the future of IL2: Battle of Stalingrad, since helping 777 Studios, in any fashion, will help support the men and women helping to ensure a bright future for IL2. It is also so that supporting IL2 is supporting ROF. As of now, can it be more clear that the ROF community and IL2 community is but one common community? In time, I think it will be apparent that a half should not be without that which makes it whole. The IL2 players and the ROF players are now part of a whiole new community. Let us enjoy in the pleasures the two halves bring to the whole. S! Misha James

And why? Where is the differance in training with the old IL2?  A lot of posts sound like "If you wish for good WWII aircraft you must first fly ROF otherwise your wish will never happen"  A little respect for the differant tastes in aircraft would be nice, if you really enjoy WWI aircraft wonderful, hopefully you find all the enjoyment you are searching for. But the same goes for those who enjoy the aircraft that came around thirty to forty years later. And there is a big differance in the bombers, I just need to mention bombsights. Also a lot do have to work so that there is not enough time to get involved in dozens of differant sims.