Advance And Secure (Planes And Tanks)

super-truite

moustache
17 minutes ago, UFO* said:

К людям надо по мягче, а на вопросы смотреть шире - любой выстрел в сторону противника ban! 🙂

?

ickylevel

Well  I just made a new map, with spawn 3km aways from the defense flag. Let's see how it goes.

It's an organic map, with 0% added buildings.

Fritz_Faber

"Das Oberkommando der Wehrmacht gibt bekannt:

Kampfpanzer sind teure und spezialisierte Waffensysteme.

Sie dienen der schnellen Gefechtsführung auf dem Gefechtsfeld und überraschen den Gegner durch blitzartige raumgreifende Vorstöße.

Ihre Waffen sind für große Distanzen ausgelegt.

Es ist streng untersagt, Kampfpanzer in dicht besiedeltem Gebiet oder in Städten einzusetzen, da sie hier ihren taktischen Vorteil komplett einbüßen.

Dort sind sie leicht von Infanterie mit Panzerabwehrwaffen auf kürzeste Distanz außer Gefecht zu setzen.

Häuserkampf ist der Infanterie vorbehalten."

Translation:

"The Wehrmacht High Command announces:

Main battle tanks are expensive and specialized weapon systems. They are used for fast combat on the battlefield and surprise the enemy with lightning-like, expansive advances. Your weapons are designed for long distances. It is strictly forbidden to use battle tanks in densely populated areas or in cities, as they completely lose their tactical advantage here. There they can easily be put out of action by the infantry with anti-tank weapons at the shortest possible distance. House fighting is reserved for the infantry. "

With other words:

Next time on your server, I will park my tank on a field out of the city, climb out, walk through the streets and will shoot you guys with my pistol !!! 

Take care.

:hunter:

Edited by Fritz_Faber
  • Haha 2
Fritz_Faber

Super-truite and ickylevel,

please do not take my comments as criticism. They are just suggestions. It is your server, I am the guest.

You know how much i appreciate your server and your missions. I spend a lot of time with you.

I am aware that my opinion is that of a minority.

My wish is to stand on a hill with my superior tank and control it.

No enemy tank should come too close to me.

I will be invincible and lead the statistics.

I know that I have to make this mission myself.

Now I have to learn to create missions.

Maybe I won't find any opponents in the end.

Then I will return to you and humbly partake in house warfare.

Je suis conscient que mon opinion est celle d'une minorité.

Mon souhait est de me tenir sur une colline avec mon char supérieur et de le contrôler.

Aucun char ennemi ne doit s'approcher trop près de moi.

Je serai invincible et mènerai les statistiques.

Je sais que je dois faire cette mission moi-même.

Maintenant je dois apprendre à créer des missions.

Peut-être que je ne trouverai aucun adversaire à la fin.

Alors je reviendrai vers vous et participerai humblement à la guerre de la maison.

super-truite

no problem :biggrin:. We have to follow a bit the " market" in order to make the number of players grow and city fight seems fun for a lot of people. Yet I for instance like more open field missions as well and I make and will make new missions of this kind.  Kersch is a bit like this even if you have some city fight near one flag. What is difficult with open field maps is to make it interesting for everyone and to not transform it into a ferdinand shooting range :biggrin:. It is also difficult like icky said because of spawn protection. 

GusGT
33 minutes ago, super-truite said:

no problem :biggrin:. We have to follow a bit the " market" in order to make the number of players grow and city fight seems fun for a lot of people. Yet I for instance like more open field missions as well and I make and will make new missions of this kind.  Kersch is a bit like this even if you have some city fight near one flag. What is difficult with open field maps is to make it interesting for everyone and to not transform it into a ferdinand shooting range :biggrin:. It is also difficult like icky said because of spawn protection. 

And you guys are doing very good job on the server! We GT's love to play every night on it.

sometimes in late night (US time) the server seems to freeze and not allow more conections what make

us to don't have our place to go in our night fun time.

5 or 6 of us are normally online between 3 and 6 am GMT everynight.

RIVALDO

We need a map,where you have a blue and a red spawn. And then two or  three neutral flags equally spaced from the spawn points.  After flag's capture,it turns color but it doesn't become a spawn point. The original spawns remain for the rest of the mission. Whichever team captures all(most) flags-wins.

ickylevel
6 hours ago, Fritz_Faber said:

Super-truite and ickylevel,

please do not take my comments as criticism. They are just suggestions. It is your server, I am the guest.

You know how much i appreciate your server and your missions. I spend a lot of time with you.

I am aware that my opinion is that of a minority.

My wish is to stand on a hill with my superior tank and control it.

No enemy tank should come too close to me.

I will be invincible and lead the statistics.

I know that I have to make this mission myself.

Now I have to learn to create missions.

Maybe I won't find any opponents in the end.

Then I will return to you and humbly partake in house warfare.

Je suis conscient que mon opinion est celle d'une minorité.

Mon souhait est de me tenir sur une colline avec mon char supérieur et de le contrôler.

Aucun char ennemi ne doit s'approcher trop près de moi.

Je serai invincible et mènerai les statistiques.

Je sais que je dois faire cette mission moi-même.

Maintenant je dois apprendre à créer des missions.

Peut-être que je ne trouverai aucun adversaire à la fin.

Alors je reviendrai vers vous et participerai humblement à la guerre de la maison.

The su152 makes your dreams impossible I'm afraid. 

DD_Friar

@super-truiteReally enjoyed last nights (Friday 30/4) session with the test for Sundays event and the Provhorovka map with no AI.

Having only hoomans to worry about made it a lot better in my opinion.

I played with my squad mate DD_FT in multicrew and had a blast.

If you have not multi-crewed, give it a go. I drove and commanded, he gunned.

It is so much more fun getting killed numerous times with a buddy rather than on your own! :) note to @ickylevel good shooting!

If you are a pilot who usually plays on this server, why not sign up for Sundays event and have a go. You do not need Tank Crew.

• Like 1
super-truite
1 hour ago, DD_Friar said:

@super-truiteReally enjoyed last nights (Friday 30/4) session with the test for Sundays event and the Provhorovka map with no AI.

Having only hoomans to worry about made it a lot better in my opinion.

I played with my squad mate DD_FT in multicrew and had a blast.

If you have not multi-crewed, give it a go. I drove and commanded, he gunned.

It is so much more fun getting killed numerous times with a buddy rather than on your own! :) note to @ickylevel good shooting!

If you are a pilot who usually plays on this server, why not sign up for Sundays event and have a go. You do not need Tank Crew.

The AI is deactivated automatically if enough players are connected

DD_Friar
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, super-truite said:

The AI is deactivated automatically if enough players are connected

That is interesting. How do you do that? Do you have a spawn counter with a timer or something?

Edited by DD_Friar
super-truite

5 minutes ago, DD_Friar said:

That is interesting. How do you do that? Do you have a spawn counter with a timer or something?

I use the remote console in a python script to ask the server how many players are online every 10 seconds or so.
If the number is above 8 I trigger a server input MCU (also using the remote console). I never tried to do a bookkeeping of the number of players using the events on the airfields. It might work but some guy on the forum was struggling with it and I needed anyway some external remote console stuff for some other features of the mission so I went that way.
The server input MCU can be really useful to do stuff that are not necessarily possible using only the mission editor. Some guys did some RTS-like interaction with AI groups, you can give server admin some tools to activate spawns or remove stuff, I did some on demand artillery strike etc. 

DD_APHill

super-truite

I love your server. My only problem is with the AI aircraft. I think (just my opinion) is that their are too many of them and or they are set on too high a level. I would actually remove the AI aircraft and just use human ones.

Thanks for your hard work

Monostripezebra

Just wanted to say hi and thanks for the fun.. it is often kinda hillarious

• Like 1
super-truite

It was my Gaz :( :biggrin:

@DD_APHill maybe there are still some issues on some maps but AI planes are now dumber than before and there is only one attack plane on most maps. Didn't you get killed by players ?

edit: It was @LUZITANO I think in the Tiger

• Like 1
Monostripezebra
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, super-truite said:

It was my Gaz :( :biggrin:.
@DD_APHill (..)

edit: It was @LUZITANO I think in the Tiger

I remember you got the tiger! overall I am really glad that the GAZ is in the game, the whole ground and aircraft things are so much fun, but yet appear so hard to balance and I really apreciate the (what I consider to be) more lighthearted server to experiment and test stuff.. I had fun landing at the flags. Thanks!

Just some random thoughts on gameplay so far:

From my point of view, it seems like due to the way you can spot, aircraft dominate and bombs mean a quick end to tanks, where especially the german fuses mean you can employ very "sure kill" jabo methods as you can deliver safely and accurately without minimum alt, but on the other hand planes like the Yak 9 and 9T absolutely dominate in such a small arena type low combat because the german side has nothing compareable in terms of turning/accelerating  and their planes are more suitable for different, more time consuming tactics which are kind of moot with the way the game works (limited server time, time to travel and capture flags etc..  I mean FW190s D9etc could set up medium alt patrols to intercept low yaks, but it would mean little to the game in terms of time vs results. well, if you care about wining a round at all, not that that is important compared to fun playing)

So for me, it would make sense to have some maps with less of the late-war high perfomance aircraft but rather a more closely matched set with as much "cannon" type aircraft rather then fighter bombers for more drawn out aircraft vs tanks fighting.

I find the 109 E7 with bombs vs 40mm Hurricanes with boosted engine actually a very good, close match in terms of air vs air, those fights are really fun on either side, and the stukas, il2s and Henschels all mix pretty well together, but they become very pointless if there is late war air cover..

now one could say, that this is exactly the reason why the germans switched to 190s as jabos, but in the real historic conflict, there was never a shortage of targets for the germans.. and they just did hit-and-run with a waste area to chose from..and in game the air-to-ground mechanic is more like searching single needles in a limited-area haystack, where while the needles are good visible they are intermingled and mixed with single friendly needles (ie: individual tanks sneaking around in forests of either side) ie: it requires less hit-and-run but more circeling and loitering which makes planes like the yaks absolutely dominant.. and which is kind of overall a setting where late war planes are kinda not really great for (and their speed makes the small area conflict very haphazard, slower means more tactical situational development in terms of aircraft engagements, from my point of view)

so long story short: I would love to see how maps with a more early planeset work.. hurricanes, P-40s, mabye some P-39s vs Il2s vs earlier 109s, Stukas, Henschels and Heinkels or even a "gunplane only" experiment without heavy bombs (like only 50kg or so) to see how it affects the tank side of gameplay, because my theory is that it would work better on the setting one has MP wise. But off course that would also be very much needing the german AAA, for which we all wait..

Oh, and I also would love to see the Po2 aircraft as an option sometimes more. 

And if possible a wider and more varied spawn area to discourage spawnfights, they seem so pointless and it is war thunder flashbacks all over again ;=P

Edited by Monostripezebra
super-truite

great ideas! To be honest the Plane gameplay was a bit done in a rush because the goal is to first polish the tank gameplay (we are still struggling with the spawn camping because there is no perfect solution for this problem for instance). If someone that has a focus on planes would join the team that would speed up a bit the work on this side of things. Otherwise it will have to wait a bit as we are now revamping the UI, changing the RRR mechanics to allow Gaz to refill easily, making voting systems using the chat etc.  
Again, regarding balance, we noticed that it is not such a huge problem. That is why we try to propose a varied experience with most of the available tools with less focus on balance. We of course need to restrict the number of heavies and we do some balance adjustments once in a while, but on most map, the team communication will decide of the game and not the tanks or planes used.

Monostripezebra
15 hours ago, super-truite said:

great ideas! To be honest the Plane gameplay was a bit done in a rush because the goal is to first polish the tank gameplay (we are still struggling with the spawn camping because there is no perfect solution for this problem for instance). If someone that has a focus on planes would join the team that would speed up a bit the work on this side of things. Otherwise it will have to wait a bit as we are now revamping the UI, changing the RRR mechanics to allow Gaz to refill easily, making voting systems using the chat etc.  
Again, regarding balance, we noticed that it is not such a huge problem. That is why we try to propose a varied experience with most of the available tools with less focus on balance. We of course need to restrict the number of heavies and we do some balance adjustments once in a while, but on most map, the team communication will decide of the game and not the tanks or planes used.

wow, I am impressed.. well in the end the fun matters, not the perfect balance and often not even the sides are balanced playerwise, so in the end it is what players make it.

still having fun, this one is for player Legacy763, he later got me in a stuka, as I missed too much

Bagpipe
Posted (edited)

Was on AAS last night and when I shot an enemy tank it would state I was firing on friendlies? 

Is this supposed to display like this?

See 0:25

Edited by Bagpipe
  • Like 1
super-truite

It is the flag that was touched by some shrapnel. I think some buildings do this too. It happens a lot especially when using HE rounds. I think I cannot do anything about it

• Like 1
DD_Friar

@Bagpipe - Did you know you can go another step on your zoom by clicking Left Shift + T again when in gunsight view?

It takes you to the periscope in the T34 which you can then rotate independently of the turret via Right Shift + , to go left and Right Shift + / to go right. 

ickylevel
17 hours ago, Monostripezebra said:

wow, I am impressed.. well in the end the fun matters, not the perfect balance and often not even the sides are balanced playerwise, so in the end it is what players make it.

still having fun, this one is for player Legacy763, he later got me in a stuka, as I missed too much

Very cool!

6 hours ago, Bagpipe said:

Was on AAS last night and when I shot an enemy tank it would state I was firing on friendlies? 

Is this supposed to display like this?

See 0:25

It's a bug.

4 hours ago, DD_Friar said:

@Bagpipe - Did you know you can go another step on your zoom by clicking Left Shift + T again when in gunsight view?

It takes you to the periscope in the T34 which you can then rotate independently of the turret via Right Shift + , to go left and Right Shift + / to go right. 

I didn't know it.

Bagpipe
On 5/3/2021 at 5:32 PM, DD_Friar said:

Thanks, but that's not the T34 :) Good to know though!

dragon_7611

I use the Goerz panorama sight. It gives a greater magnification of 3.7x
To the "tiger" 1000 m

2021_5_5__10_35_6.thumb.jpg.3f2957c40bb478cb0c2c9496935a766c.jpg

2021_5_5__10_34_53.thumb.jpg.1439f21ea5c27d279613ab7a66cac1da.jpg

• Like 1
UFO*
18 hours ago, dragon_7611 said:

I use the Goerz panorama sight. It gives a greater magnification of 3.7x
To the "tiger" 1000 m

how to turn on the Goerz panoramic sight

super-truite
Posted (edited)

forgot to update, will restart soon
edit: done

Edited by super-truite
dragon_7611
3 hours ago, UFO* said:

how to turn on the Goerz panoramic sight

Go to the gunner's place, open the hatch, switch to the sight. The first will be ST-10, the next time you press Left Shift + T, the panorama will turn on.

Spoiler

Перейти на место наводчика, открыть люк, переключиться на прицел. Первым будет СТ-10, при следующем нажатии Left Shift + T включится панорама. Профит

• Thanks 1
UFO*

Map aas_velikie Luke_summer_v7 in square 0508/4 the U-2VS aircraft (bot) cannot take off. On acceleration, it leaves the runway and crashes into the tower. This is repeated all the time the card is running.     (Карта    aas_velikie Luke_summer_v7    в квадрате 0508/4  самолет У-2ВС ( bot )не может взлететь  . На разгоне уходит с полосы и врезается в вышку . Так повторяется все время работы карты .

Monostripezebra

I captured this random moment where a burning mad spitfire tried to land on the bridge where @super-truite  had the Gaz MM (and yes the splashes are from my bad bombs in a P-38, I am out of training in that compared to the Peshka, which I find much easier to divebomb)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
super-truite

thx ! it was a friend in the spit and we were disappointed that we did not film it :biggrin: !

Monostripezebra

I just wanted to say I am glad there is a mission where the U-2 is playable... I wish it was in more !

• Haha 1
1./JG42flesch

On the Kornilovo_V5 Wintermap i landet saftly on the RRR Airfield to rearm and refull, stay near Smoke, Engine off and then fall down from 10m and explod!!!!!!!!!  Pilot killt and Career endet.

The Anti Tank M5 3-inch Guns on this Card brings only 5 Points in the Statistic, other Guns are 30 Points.

• Thanks 1
super-truite

Not sure if it is a bug with the mission. Sometimes when the gear gets repaired it pushes the plane a bit, maybe it was something related to this. I repaired a Me262 on this service are and did not have any issues. Maybe it is because the refuel area is not perfectly on the ground. I will check.
I am not modifying the stat system (it is the basic system developed by the devs + some mods). I might change things later but currently there is too much work on fixing the maps and making new ones