Advance And Secure (Planes And Tanks)

super-truite

super-truite
Posted (edited)

Thx will try to fix soon
Edit: it is fixed. The server restarted without reason. I will try to make the il2 server restart automaticaly when this happens, if I have time.

Edited by super-truite

1./JG42flesch

On Engelskirchen Map on the Last Spawnpoint all Panther exploded after choin!

ickylevel

By last, do you mean your first flag, or the last flag you have to capture ?

Edited by ickylevel

super-truite

I see you are still on the server. Did it fixed itself or did you have to wait for the next mission ?

2 hours ago, super-truite said:

I see you are still on the server. Did it fixed itself or did you have to wait for the next mission ?

I did wait for next mission

super-truite
Posted (edited)

Server is updating, will be up in a few minutes. Will try to add the New AA trucks today. At least in one mission
Edit: Server is up

Edited by super-truite

super-truite

the server is acting up. I have a file transfer error. I am used to fix this, but it does not work like usual. So please standby :rolleyes:

• super-truite changed the title to Advance And Secure (Planes And Tanks)
super-truite

server is up and AA vehicles are added on some maps (only russian side so far as I struggle to force a different skin for the germans)

• Thanks 1

LUZITANO

New video "on the way" made in AAS. This time with the 152... well... engelskirchen is a good mission!

• Upvote 1

J30_Kaiser

Love the game play on this server, but the ping is HELL!!   Without my having to read the entire thread, where is this server located??   The LAG is horrible...

Edited by J30_Kaiser

super-truite

So far I did not manage to add the Gaz with a predefined camo to the german side (looks like a bug). Would it be OK in your opinion to add it anyway and let players chose the "right skin" themselves (for instance white skin for germans and others for russians)? It is not perfect but I find it sad to have to wait several months before some AA action on the german side.

ST_Bump
8 hours ago, J30_Kaiser said:

Love the game play on this server, but the ping is HELL!!   Without my having to read the entire thread, where is this server located??   The LAG is horrible...

I have fiber optics here in Colorado, front range, and have no issues with lag, perhaps it maybe your service provider.

super-truite

Stats should be back to normal soon for march and April. I Will restore the rest of the history later.
I am trying some new stats modules. So you will have some new tabs like the "ironman leaderboard"  that shows the best killstreaks http://aas-il2.com/fr/ironman

Fritz_Faber

Are you sure that April is to be seen, I see just Februar and March?

Actual missions are missing...

super-truite

it's updating slowly since february. I got one issue and I had to go back to more simple stats. I am still experimenting some stats systems so things might change in the folowing days

super-truite

There will be a little event on the server on the 27th of April at 5pm GMT: 

For people used to the server there won't be a lot of change, but you can consider this as the "Official Launch" of the server :biggrin:

Hi!

In this mission (screenshot) I find 2 issues:

1- The rail road cars are misplaced far from the ground.

2- The german spawn point, the new tank fall from the sky and get damaged or destroyed before a player can take control.

image.thumb.png.64cd515dbc9f6ea9c49772c05d3472ff.png

• Thanks 1

super-truite
Posted (edited)

Hi,
1. not sure we can do something about it (I think it is a block of objects)
2. Will check that

Edited by super-truite

ickylevel
7 hours ago, GusGT said:

Hi!

In this mission (screenshot) I find 2 issues:

1- The rail road cars are misplaced far from the ground.

2- The german spawn point, the new tank fall from the sky and get damaged or destroyed before a player can take control.

image.thumb.png.64cd515dbc9f6ea9c49772c05d3472ff.png

Thanks, tanks flying into the air happens on certain locations...

On 4/21/2021 at 10:17 PM, LUZITANO said:

New video "on the way" made in AAS. This time with the 152... well... engelskirchen is a good mission!

I think you should put "il 2 tank crew multiplayer" in the title of your videos for better referencing.

One day someone should record a replay of an entire game, and then do a commentary of it on youtube.

super-truite

There will be a contest organized by @LachenKrieg, @ickylevel  and myself that will take place on may the 2nd at 5 pm GMT. Play with a non TC owner in your tank and win TC or collector vehicles. More information and registration on this post : 

super-truite

it should be up. I guess you checked when I was restarting it for an update

super-truite

The location of the battle for the contest on sunday will be Lille. Please register in advance in order to get a chance of wining collector vehicles or TC for your non TC owner friends: 

map.thumb.png.2ac0fac4a59985e54239d62ac3594597.png

Fritz_Faber

What happened to Engelskirchen, this small village in a forgotten valley?

Did they found gold mines, that it became a metropol like Berlin over night :big_boss:

I know the problem of spawn killing and that you try to protect the spawn points.

But part of the quality of IL2 GB in comparison to other sims is the atmosphere of landscape modeling.

For me it is very important and enjoyable to feel and smell the difference between a small german village hidden in a narrow valley or the wide open russian steppes.

Now we have Köln in Engelskirchen and from mission to mission one more village is covering the fields of prelestnoye.

Forced by the several wishes and claimes of the community - balancing and save spawning - in the end all maps will be the same:

Houses, houses, houses, a tank battle between houses in Köln, in prelestnoye, in Engelskirchen...

Maybe we instead have to learn to protect our spawn points (and flags), compensating the superior german heavy tanks by more AI tanks for russian side ?

Or we have to live with spawn killing time to time, as to be killed by AI planes from time to time, as to be killed by snipers (navigator) from time to time, as to be killed by chute killers from time to time.

W A R    I S    D A N G E R O U S !!!

By the way, I'm killed every battle by a russian SU-tank from distances bewtween 1,5 - 2 km.

So I can't see so a big advantage for the german tanks...

:pilot:

2021_4_27__18_32_15.jpg

Edited by Fritz_Faber
  • Upvote 1

ickylevel
2 hours ago, Fritz_Faber said:

What happened to Engelskirchen, this small village in a forgotten valley?

Did they found gold mines, that it became a metropol like Berlin over night :big_boss:

I know the problem of spawn killing and that you try to protect the spawn points.

But part of the quality of IL2 GB in comparison to other sims is the atmosphere of landscape modeling.

For me it is very important and enjoyable to feel and smell the difference between a small german village hidden in a narrow valley or the wide open russian steppes.

Now we have Köln in Engelskirchen and from mission to mission one more village is covering the fields of prelestnoye.

Forced by the several wishes and claimes of the community - balancing and save spawning - in the end all maps will be the same:

Houses, houses, houses, a tank battle between houses in Köln, in prelestnoye, in Engelskirchen...

Maybe we instead have to learn to protect our spawn points (and flags), compensating the superior german heavy tanks by more AI tanks for russian side ?

Or we have to live with spawn killing time to time, as to be killed by AI planes from time to time, as to be killed by snipers (navigator) from time to time, as to be killed by chute killers from time to time.

W A R    I S    D A N G E R O U S !!!

By the way, I'm killed every battle by a russian SU-tank from distances bewtween 1,5 - 2 km.

So I can't see so a big advantage for the german tanks...

:pilot:

2021_4_27__18_32_15.jpg

Hello,

The buildings are to prevent spawn camping from afar from the germans, leveraging their armor. They are not meant to be part of the battlefield. On the new prelestnoye they are on the sides, even though some of them should probably be tweaked. The problem is to find positions for spawns that are equally distant for balance, and it is difficult. It is also very easy on open maps to spawn camp. Without buildings, travelling distances between the spawns and the flag will have to be increased to probably 5km. This will probably amount to a 12 minute travel time for german tanks. I can experiment a map like this today, but I can't guarantee the results.

Edited by ickylevel

moustache

personally, I think that one of the concerns also is that the spawn points are, in a part, too close to the capture points ... therefore, as soon as we want to flank the point or that we want position yourself to cut the reinforcements, we find ourselves at spawnkill ... but obviously, removing the spawns means more travel time ...

a solution, maybe, I don't know if it's feasible, would be not to show enemy spawn points on the map, and to make their position more random, depending on the game ... but I don't have no knowledge of the map and server creation system, maybe this is impossible ...

super-truite
43 minutes ago, moustache said:

personally, I think that one of the concerns also is that the spawn points are, in a part, too close to the capture points ... therefore, as soon as we want to flank the point or that we want position yourself to cut the reinforcements, we find ourselves at spawnkill ... but obviously, removing the spawns means more travel time ...

This is indeed the case on some maps. We try to move the spawn a bit to reduce spawn camping. On The Kuban map in the valley I do spawn camping myself once in a while because people spawn in front of you when you flank the flag by the forest and you have no choice. 

46 minutes ago, moustache said:

a solution, maybe, I don't know if it's feasible, would be not to show enemy spawn points on the map, and to make their position more random, depending on the game ... but I don't have no knowledge of the map and server creation system, maybe this is impossible ...

not doable unfortunately. If it raises so much concerns I think I will just develop a script that kicks (then bans) spawn campers. I think it is doable because I should have access in the logs to when someone spawns and when it gets killed and by who. I could for instance  design a rule like this:
- if you kill someone that spawned less than 30 s ago -> kick
- if you do it twice -> ban

• Like 1

1 hour ago, super-truite said:

not doable unfortunately. If it raises so much concerns I think I will just develop a script that kicks (then bans) spawn campers. I think it is doable because I should have access in the logs to when someone spawns and when it gets killed and by who. I could for instance  design a rule like this:
- if you kill someone that spawned less than 30 s ago -> kick
- if you do it twice -> ban

К людям надо по мягче , а на вопросы смотреть шире  - любой выстрел в сторону противника  ban !🙂

• Haha 1