Detal

HP reverb G2 or wait for pimax 8KX with eyetracking

So right now I'm hesitating on buying the HP reverb G2 to get the preorder discount that will end on 31 July tomorrow. I'm also wondering if I should wait for the pimax 8kx because of its larger field of view and the possible performance gains you can get with eyetracking. 

So what are your opinions on this? Will the eyetracking work in il2? Is it worth waiting for the pimax with their slow shipping? How does the current HP reverb run on il2 in multiplayer, and how will it compare with the G2? How do you get a stable 90 fps in the reverb in multiplayer?

Right now I have an oculus rift CV1 (running with open composite) with an i7 7700k (4,7 GHz); 16GB 2666 MHz ram; gtx 1070. And will probably upgrade my gpu first when the next series comes out.

Settings:

In Oculus traytool:

SS: 1

reprojection: off

In il2:

Balanced

Shadows: Medium

Mirrors: off

Distant landscape detail: normal

Canopy reflections: off

Horizon draw distance: 100km

landscape filter: Sharp

Grass: normal

Clouds: High

Full screen: off

MSAA: 0

SSAO: off

HDR: off

4k textures: on

distant buildings: off

Posted (edited)

Personally my confidence in PIMAX (and it is first hand) pales in comparison to HP.  Though I imagine you will see the same four individuals come in here and tell you how great PIMAX can be if you do this and/or that.

So I guess all I can say is caveat emptor.

P.S.  If you plan on flying in MSFS 2020 your choice is simplified.

Edited by WIS-Redcoat

I have both on order. hah.

Judging by my experience with Pimax 5K I don't really have high hopes for 8KX, but the time will tell.

Judging by my experience with Odyssey+ and its WMR support and HP's 90 degree FOV (ultimate toilet roll view)I don't have high hopes for G2 either, but the time will tell.

It's a try and tell future here! :)

Well my standards for fov are not that high since I'm coming from the rift it will still be a significant upgrade.

I also heard that fixed foveated rendering doesn't work with il2 and causes crashes so that doesn't give me much confidence that dynamic foveated rendering will work.

Pimax eye tracking does not work (yet) with IL2. It may or may not at some point in the future.

IL2's support for Pimax canted displays is spotty. Personally I found the perspective slightly odd, and the zoom is broken (you need to use the VREM mod to correct it, and it only makes it barely usable).

Pimax headsets themselves are hit or miss. For me, it's a miss, because my IPD of 62.8mm is too small for the headset. It claims to go down to 60mm, but in reality the lenses are much further than that. If you have above average IPD (say 66mm or above) a Pimax might work well for you. Additionally, my brand new Artisan developed cracks in the casing after only a week, despite using the silicone sleeve protector.

The big reason to go Pimax is the FOV, and it's frigging amazing. But there's a price to be paid for that FOV.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

Pimax eye tracking does not work (yet) with IL2. It may or may not at some point in the future.

IL2's support for Pimax canted displays is spotty. Personally I found the perspective slightly odd, and the zoom is broken (you need to use the VREM mod to correct it, and it only makes it barely usable).

Pimax headsets themselves are hit or miss. For me, it's a miss, because my IPD of 62.8mm is too small for the headset. It claims to go down to 60mm, but in reality the lenses are much further than that. If you have above average IPD (say 66mm or above) a Pimax might work well for you. Additionally, my brand new Artisan developed cracks in the casing after only a week, despite using the silicone sleeve protector.

The big reason to go Pimax is the FOV, and it's frigging amazing. But there's a price to be paid for that FOV.

I have a wee melon too Alonzo ,but I set my pitool at -2 on the left and right eyes for 58 ipd, as a starting point.  Give it a try if you haven't already.

Housing is an issue vs "tougher" headsets for pimax, in my experience.  I have some flaws in mine, but I'm pretty careful with it.  The housing, I mean.  I hang it on a hook when not in use and am pretty careful to keep it from getting damaged.  I wouldn't want to drop it, that's for sure.  My old Vive on the other hand appears much more durable.

There have been alot of statements on the forums there regarding better manufacturing and replacement set for those with issues.  I recommend looking into it.  That Artisan cannot be very old at all.  Hopefully you can get some satisfaction that way.

As far as what headset, I just can't do less fov than I get with a pimax headset.  Currently I use "normal" fov on my 5k which is what an Artisan user like Alonzo would experience.  I can go wider than that, but I enjoy the 144hz refresh setting I can use at this fov.

Pimax setups could be prohibitively expensive for some users, especially those lacking compatible base stations, so I understand why alternatives are looked at.  

I can appreciate as well, when considering color reproduction, where a nicer display like the oddessy would be preferable.  But I am among the users of what was an entry level product for pimax at the time - the 5k+.  We knew we would be trading a nicer picture (colours, blacks and whites, contrast, etc) for a superior fov.  With newer devices like pimax is producing now with better screens it will be less of an issue, but the overall cost factor will remain a barrier for many.

Edit:  regarding zooms, you can choose to use parallel projections in pitool and get normal zoom working properly, but as a pimax user you are already aware of those tradeoffs.  S!

And sorry, I know in the case of Detal we are talking about the HP Reverb (ii?).  I'll have to look more at that product to have any opinion really.  Overall cost vs form and function and what will you be most satisfied with?  That is the question you need to solve.  

Edited by JG51_Beazil

53 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

I have a wee melon too Alonzo ,but I set my pitool at -2 on the left and right eyes for 58 ipd, as a starting point.  Give it a try if you haven't already.

Thanks for the tip -- I'm going to re-try my Artisan tomorrow as I have a comfort addon strap finally arriving from New Zealand, which might make it wearable for longer than 30 minutes. Believe me, I really *want* to love the Artisan and get it working really well, the immersion from the improved FOV is absolutely amazing.

I just took delivery of a Valve Index and I'd say the screen quality is very comparable between that and the Artisan, with the Artisan having much less glare. I still have 10 days to return the Index if I can get the Artisan working nicely. The main problem is not being able to get my IPD small enough and the poor comfort.

Fenris did warn me 6 weeks ago though: "Next gen" VR headsets are high resolution. You're only going to have a 'wow' factor with the G2 or the 8KX (not the Index or Artisan that I acquired).

If I were the OP, I'd get the Reverb G2. Their current headset is a CV1 so the G2 is going to slightly improve FOV, massively improve clarity/resolution, sound is probably an upgrade, the G2 is from a mainstream manufacturer, has inside-out tracking and is less than half the price of the Pimax 8KX. And if the OP's IPD is less than 65mm I would 100% avoid anything from Pimax.

9 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

Thanks for the tip -- I'm going to re-try my Artisan tomorrow as I have a comfort addon strap finally arriving from New Zealand, which might make it wearable for longer than 30 minutes. Believe me, I really *want* to love the Artisan and get it working really well, the immersion from the improved FOV is absolutely amazing.

I just took delivery of a Valve Index and I'd say the screen quality is very comparable between that and the Artisan, with the Artisan having much less glare. I still have 10 days to return the Index if I can get the Artisan working nicely. The main problem is not being able to get my IPD small enough and the poor comfort.

Fenris did warn me 6 weeks ago though: "Next gen" VR headsets are high resolution. You're only going to have a 'wow' factor with the G2 or the 8KX (not the Index or Artisan that I acquired).

If I were the OP, I'd get the Reverb G2. Their current headset is a CV1 so the G2 is going to slightly improve FOV, massively improve clarity/resolution, sound is probably an upgrade, the G2 is from a mainstream manufacturer, has inside-out tracking and is less than half the price of the Pimax 8KX. And if the OP's IPD is less than 65mm I would 100% avoid anything from Pimax.

Alonzo, I upgraded from Vive to Pimax 5k+, and the vive deluxe audio strap along with the Kiwi strap modification made a huge difference in comfort to the Pimax. You also need the 3D printed parts to connect the DAS to the pimax, but that was easy enough to get done. 

I don't have the modular audio strap, but it's ordered.  I also don't have the comfort kit.  I wound up taping a Vive face cushion to my pimax face cushion to get enough of the pimax off my face enough to not mash my nose/face against the headset. ( Lol nice word salad ).  If I hadn't done that, it would have been very uncomfortable to wear.  I hope those changes work for you Alonzo, and that you will share your thoughts when you get it setup better for yourself.  I'm just waiting to be able to order a comfort kit.  From what I've seen they've been going to new headset owners (comfort kits) and I have yet to be able to actually order one.

11 hours ago, Alonzo said:

I think you're right, and this will leave me some money for a GPU upgrade. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2020 at 10:01 AM, Detal said:

I think you're right, and this will leave me some money for a GPU upgrade. 

I'd also recommend this. 2080ti is basically the minimum requirement to power 2x2160x2160 at 90Hz, unless you want "Quest graphics". So go ahead with that, can't do much wrong.

Compatibility: IL-2 is (still) incompatible to newer VR features like Dynamic Foveated Rendering, FFR, and isn't properly compatible to wide FOV headsets due to the zoom methods forgetting the canted display offset. The game itself knows about it, but the Devs either forgot Canted Displays or the approach is hard coded. 

Tinkering with Pimax: Their headsets require a lot of user tinkering and a Lighthouse setup as well. If you need competitive tracking (like playing Onward or Pavlov or Contractors, for example), yes, WMR will leave you behind in the dust compared to LH users. If you don't care about the cash, then a Pimax Vision headset is good - don't recommend the old ones with black housing, too many had cracks. These are two different housings. And if you go for a Pimax Vision, wait till they're sold on Amazon (January 2021). But the price is a bit consideration too.

Use case and delivery time: If you're into flying Simulators or Racing only, by all means, the Reverb G2 will probably be good, if you can wait till late October (that's where they're at by now). Or a marketplace Reverb Pro v2 (G1) now.

Screen "issues" with G2: The final G2 will have reduced colour saturation and brightness as the displays were basically overclocked by 30% on MRTV's advertisments, as the guy admitted himself, and produced some smearing users spotted in the through the lens videos. They can't maintain that though. They'll fix it down, and that's fine imo - I don't want IL-2 to look like a comic movie.

That said: I have ordered both headsets.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

1 hour ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

I'd also recommend this. 2080ti is basically the minimum requirement to power 2x2160x2160 at 90Hz, unless you want "Quest graphics". So go ahead with that, can't do much wrong.

Compatibility: IL-2 is (still) incompatible to newer VR features like Dynamic Foveated Rendering, FFR, and isn't properly compatible to wide FOV headsets due to the zoom methods forgetting the canted display offset. The game itself knows about it, but the Devs either forgot Canted Displays or the approach is hard coded. 

Tinkering with Pimax: Their headsets require a lot of user tinkering and a Lighthouse setup as well. If you need competitive tracking (like playing Onward or Pavlov or Contractors, for example), yes, WMR will leave you behind in the dust compared to LH users. If you don't care about the cash, then a Pimax Vision headset is good - don't recommend the old ones with black housing, too many had cracks. These are two different housings. And if you go for a Pimax Vision, wait till they're sold on Amazon (January 2021). But the price is a bit consideration too.

Use case and delivery time: If you're into flying Simulators or Racing only, by all means, the Reverb G2 will probably be good, if you can wait till late October (that's where they're at by now). Or a marketplace Reverb Pro v2 (G1) now.

Screen "issues" with G2: The final G2 will have reduced colour saturation and brightness as the displays were basically overclocked by 30% on MRTV's advertisments, as the guy admitted himself, and produced some smearing users spotted in the through the lens videos. They can't maintain that though. They'll fix it down, and that's fine imo - I don't want IL-2 to look like a comic movie.

That said: I have ordered both headsets.

Thanks for your input Fenris Wolf, I ended up preorderering the reverb G2 to get it at its lower price.

My only interest is flying simulators so I don't care much for the controllers. To me immersion and spotting are very important since I mainly fly in multiplayer. The pimax 8kx seemed to have it all with wide fov, high res display and FFR (I can do without zoom) but I'm not the kind of guy who tinkers with software. But I will be interested to hear your oppinion about both headsets.

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2020 at 7:03 PM, Alonzo said:

I have a Pimax 5k+ and I have an IPD of 58.  All works well for me as the headset mechanical adjustment goes down to 59 and the PiTool software allows me to set another minus one, which brings me to 58. 

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

3 hours ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

I have a Pimax 5k+ and I have an IPD of 58.  All works well for me as the headset mechanical adjustment goes down to 59 and the PiTool software allows me to set another minus one, which brings me to 58.

Right, and I find with mechanical IPD set to 60mm and no software offset things look pretty good and I get no eyestrain.

But do this test for me. Adjust the headset so it's how you like it. Now look at an object in the center of your view that is perfectly in focus. Rotate your head to the left, right, up, down but keep your eyes on the thing that was centered before. How far off center can you move your view before the object goes blurry? For me, the answer is "not very far" and certainly not to the edge of the lens.

The effect, for me, is that although I have this amazing FOV from the headset, I still have to turn my head to get stuff sharply in focus, I can't just "look with my eyes" which would be the major benefit of all the FOV. I guess the other benefit is the increased immersion and sense of presence and yes, Pimax delivers that very well. I do caveat all this with the fact that VR headsets are incredibly personal, the same headset can have a very different outcome on different faces/heads.

Posted (edited)

For those who don't want to watch a video for something that could be conveyed vastly more quickly:

Oculus Rift S 86°/110° (horizontal/vertical)
Vive Cosmos 82°/112°
HP Reverb G2 98°/114°
HP Reverb G1 94°/106°
HTC Vive Pro 98°/126°
Valve Index Max 108°/130°
Valve Index Min 100°/112°
Odyssey+ 102°/130°
Oculus Quest 92°/116°
Pimax Artisan 128°/124°
Pimax 8KX 140°/124°  Edit:  MRTV was horribly wrong. 8KX is 160 horizontal and 124 vertical.

For the Valve Index, I have measured it with lenses as close to eyes as possible (MAX) and as far away as possible (MIN). Pimax headsets have been set to their respective maximum FOV setting.

(from https://community.openmr.ai/t/mrtv-fov-comparison/29929)

Looks like the G2 will be a worthy device and for folks like @dburne who have a killer rig, a nice upgrade from a Rift S. G2 against Valve Index is maybe a little more difficult -- personally since owning an Artisan I am an FOV junkie, but the resolution is going to be really good on the G2 and it has the good audio system from the Index, and it's cheaper due to the inside-out tracking. Could become the "you didn't tell me anything but you asked for a VR headset recommendation for IL2, the answer is the Reverb G2" recommendation (Rift S is what I would have said previously to someone asking that question).

Edited by Alonzo
Correct misinformation.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@OP: So I had numerous Headsets:
1. Pimax 5k+ (kinda liked the FOV but its so blurry at everything beyond like 110° that you can except for immersion purposes not use anything of that added FOV anyways) - SOLD

2. Valve index - probably the best for playing multiple games, best controllers, nice Imagequality but too low in resolution to play Flightsims properly. The heat is quite shitty in this headset. SOLD at profit because G2 announced.

3. G2 on preorder. I hope this will get me what i want from a VR headset for my simming needs. The 114° FOV seems plenty when taking into consideration that we have the check six mod with the press of a button.

Edited by Winger

On 8/4/2020 at 9:49 AM, Winger said:

eems plenty when taking into consideration that we have the check six mod with the press of a button.

what is it?

and is it allowed on "competitive servers" es TAW?

Posted (edited)
4 часа назад, EAF51_Jimmi сказал:

what is it?

It works on all servers. I do not think there is a way to block this one, as it is advanced steam vr feature.

Edited by JG51_Balapan

10 hours ago, EAF51_Jimmi said:

6 hours ago, JG51_Balapan said:

It works on all servers. I do not think there is a way to block this one, as it is advanced steam vr feature.

No offense to those who suggest this mod, but it just doesn't work very well when you're in a dogfight. The snap view does turn your head an extra amount, then snap back, but coupled with head movement restrictions in the VR cockpit, using the snap view slowly pushes your pilot's head backwards towards the seat. Eventually you're sitting far back from the controls and when you turn you can't see around the head rest. You then need to look forwards/neutral, reset your head position, and continue.

To me, this is basically unusable in the heat of battle.

6 hours ago, Alonzo said:

No offense to those who suggest this mod, but it just doesn't work very well when you're in a dogfight. The snap view does turn your head an extra amount, then snap back, but coupled with head movement restrictions in the VR cockpit, using the snap view slowly pushes your pilot's head backwards towards the seat. Eventually you're sitting far back from the controls and when you turn you can't see around the head rest. You then need to look forwards/neutral, reset your head position, and continue.

Simply reset view after use. I find it totally usable. I am much more confident about my 6 actually really being free since i am able to use this.
Brings uns VRers on par with the owlneck TIRers😂

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
16 часов назад, Alonzo сказал:

First time I tried this I had the same problem you are describing, but there is a setting in advanced settings that is called something like world or global tracking that you need to tick. After that it works perfect. head doesnt move anymore, and no need to recenter every time you use snap turn.

Edit: It is called "universe centered  rotation".

Edited by JG51_Balapan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So, as we get closer to the G2 release (hopefully), what is the best bet for IL-2 (and flight sims in general), Reverb G2 or Pimax 8K X?

Pimax HMDs and IL-2 currently are not good combination. You better wait for developer to solve zoom with canted displays, or go for Reverb G2. Sad story, but I better warn you.

Edited by Brzi_Joe

Ideally someone could buy both and then compare then.

I was doing that in the past with other headets but on the Pimax 8KX (even being a backer Pimax and having a reduced price) I dind´t went for Pimax8KX.

If you compare both headsets and want the best for IL-2 VR, I think the Pimax8KX will win (regardeless of price). Why?

Resolution: G2 is 2160x2160 per eye, but 8KX is 3840x2160. It is almost double pixels but in a larger FOV, so pixel per degree could be similar.

FOV: Here the Pimax8KX is the clear winner. A large FOV is quite nice. FOV of PIMAX is really good. And FOV is important for inmersion.

Eyetracking: If it works, it would really reduce the workload of the GPU, so it would be easier to reach higher fps

Other factors like Confort, audio, weight, tracking for IL-2, etc they will be on pair.

There only two cons on the Pimax8KX:

- Tweaking: The Pimax software (PItools) has many options to adjust, this is good and bad. You will need to spend a good amount of time with optimal settings.

- Price: IMHO, the 8KX price (without counting base stations and controllers) is really high in general. And much more than the G2.

So, if money is not a problem the best solution would be to buy both and then compare. Then sell the one you don´t like.

If money is somehow a constraint, then definitely the G2.

I will do that with the G2 and the Index. Only one will survive at my home.

Edited by chiliwili69
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chiliwili69 said:

So, if money is not a problem the best solution would be to buy both and then compare. Then sell the one you don´t like.

If money is somehow a constraint, then definitely the G2.

Thats why I went with the g2. This way I can upgrade my pc with a 3080.

Isn't the cost difference a factor??? I've had Pimax 5K since the beginning & have an iffy support experience with it along with substandard head straps , no ear phones or station support in the beginning. I had to search around for all that. The Pitool is ok and as long as i don't touch anything & go along with suggestions found on postings here at  the end of the day I am more than  pleased with the results BUT I wouldn't do it again. Put me down for the new Reverb and a new graphics card!

b98227422f77b92d73515c18be6bd5f2--retro-futurism-vintage-toys.jpg

15 hours ago, chiliwili69 said:

There only two cons on the Pimax8KX:

- Tweaking: The Pimax software (PItools) has many options to adjust, this is good and bad. You will need to spend a good amount of time with optimal settings.

- Price: IMHO, the 8KX price (without counting base stations and controllers) is really high in general. And much more than the G2.

Having owned an Artisan, I think there are other cons on Pimax:

• Software is variable quality. Only recently did they fix PiTool so you could get 100% GPU usage. The fixed foveated rendering (and thus DFR) crashes in IL2 after several minutes. They consistently miss their own estimates on when they will deliver software.
  • HMD build quality is inconsistent. My Artisan, brand new, immediately developed cracks in the housing. This is after Pimax claimed to have fixed the manufacturing defects.
  • Customer service, including ordering experience and delivery times, is inconsistent.
  • If you have smaller-than-average IPD, you will get a small sweet spot and blurry edges on the lenses. I would not recommend Pimax for anyone with < 65mm IPD.
  • Audio and comfort requires after-market modifications.

The FOV is the reason to go for Pimax. It's amazing, it really is. For me, the IPD issue meant I was not willing to keep the headset. If I had kept it, I would treat it as something that is for "tinkering" -- it needs modding and personalization.

I want an Index "S" model with increased resolution. That would be the ideal headset for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Alonzo said:
  • Software is variable quality. Only recently did they fix PiTool so you could get 100% GPU usage. The fixed foveated rendering (and thus DFR) crashes in IL2 after several minutes. They consistently miss their own estimates on when they will deliver software.
  • HMD build quality is inconsistent. My Artisan, brand new, immediately developed cracks in the housing. This is after Pimax claimed to have fixed the manufacturing defects.
  • Customer service, including ordering experience and delivery times, is inconsistent.
  • If you have smaller-than-average IPD, you will get a small sweet spot and blurry edges on the lenses. I would not recommend Pimax for anyone with < 65mm IPD.
  • Audio and comfort requires after-market modifications.

Yeap!  those reasons are also important to take into account.

In my case the customer service was excellent (very fast and they log into my PC to review config, etc) was probably was due to early days with the first Pimax5K+ released. I don´t know know.

On IPD I am 66 so I had no problems. And for the audio/fixing I had to go to the DAS fixing (which needs custom 3D printing). But I believe they have solved this with the 8KX which include

the new comfort kit.

Regarding about a potential Index "S", I think it will take a while until there is a new Index since their first competitor (Oculus) left the PC-VR only business line (Rift-S discontinued in Feb-2021. You know , Valve and Oculus don´t compete for devices but for platform.

The new G2 is a perfect device for consumer to spend in Steam, so there is no rush to create a new Index.

Although in the other hand, it would be relatively "easy" to produce a new Index "S". Just keep everything like it is now but putting a 2160x2160 per eye panels.

• Upvote 1

The topic's headline didn't age well....

... people that ordered the Pimax 8KX in July 2020 have already received theirs. Mine is in customs, ha, where else. Meanwhile everyone is waiting for November for the Reverb G2...  

..which all doesn't matter, because my 2080ti's memory went kaputt. Now looking for a 3080/3090, whatever I get first I guess. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

The topic's headline didn't age well....

... people that ordered the Pimax 8KX in July 2020 have already received theirs. Mine is in customs, ha, where else. Meanwhile everyone is waiting for November for the Reverb G2...  

..which all doesn't matter, because my 2080ti's memory went kaputt. Now looking for a 3080/3090, whatever I get first I guess. 

While waiting for the Reverb I have to consider a newish graphic card upgrade from my old trusty 1080. I probably can’t afford the new 3080 but EBay has plenty of 2080 new & used for sale.My question is this : Is there a reasonably priced 2080 that you might recommend? I only play GB & CloD DWT so it only needs to be good for those & help support the new headset fully & increase FPS ( definitely slowing down with the 1080.) So can you pin down one or two? Thanks!

48 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

While waiting for the Reverb I have to consider a newish graphic card upgrade from my old trusty 1080. I probably can’t afford the new 3080 but EBay has plenty of 2080 new & used for sale.My question is this : Is there a reasonably priced 2080 that you might recommend? I only play GB & CloD DWT so it only needs to be good for those & help support the new headset fully & increase FPS ( definitely slowing down with the 1080.) So can you pin down one or two? Thanks!

I would look for a 2080ti, not a regular 2080. The 1080 to 2080 performance jump just isn't that much, and people were fire-selling their 2080ti's before the 3080 launched. The 2080ti sales might have slowed down because the availability of the 3080 is bad.

Or, you could wait for the 3070. That is being positioned as having performance similar to the 2080ti, and it would be brand new.

If you are thinking about getting a card second hand, Jay has some hints on how not to get ripped off:

12 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

I would look for a 2080ti, not a regular 2080. The 1080 to 2080 performance jump just isn't that much, and people were fire-selling their 2080ti's before the 3080 launched. The 2080ti sales might have slowed down because the availability of the 3080 is bad.

Or, you could wait for the 3070. That is being positioned as having performance similar to the 2080ti, and it would be brand new.

If you are thinking about getting a card second hand, Jay has some hints on how not to get ripped off:

If the price isn't crazy high fo rthe 3070 I suppose I can wait. Am I just crazy to expect I might find one in the $6-800.00 range? BTW Thanks for the video.. I will watch my step!

8 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

If the price isn't crazy high fo rthe 3070 I suppose I can wait. Am I just crazy to expect I might find one in the $6-800.00 range? BTW Thanks for the video.. I will watch my step!

Here's a video, directly about whether to upgrade on the used market:

hw-unboxed-used-2000-series.thumb.png.eb1f6e74867490055b57e75890349ab8.png

This suggests you can get a 2070 Super for ~$400, but I think that's not enough to run the Reverb really. You could go 2080 Super for $600, I guess. But if you can wait, you'll either be able to get a 3070 for $500 (MSRP) or buy a 2080ti for the same price, since if the 3070 does really hit 2080ti levels of performance, it will decimate the used prices for the 2080ti. The only reason 2080ti is holding its price right now is because the 3080 has no availability.

As always with PC hardware, if you can wait, you'll be able to get something better for your money.

From all I just listened to;

1.) Its a seller's market - so eventually I'll be able perhaps to put my 1080ti on the market , but:

2.) Don't but anything in a rush...in fact don't but just now.

3.) Wait for 3070 esp as the price purchased new is within my range

Thanks guys...for now i'll do the thing i have to do to try to get a better FPS and wait until I have the new Reverb in my hands...

Online Only
Model: 9001G1422510000

SKU: 6429442

Release Date: 10/15/2020
  • Not yet reviewed

Not yet reviewed

Compare
4da0bd2c697759a2d65aa9fadcb633a9.svgSaved
Price Match Guarantee
$499.99Your price for this item is $499.99
Free Watch Dogs: Legion PC download & 1 more

Coming Soon