Jason_Williams

Desert Wings - Tobruk Message from Jason

Pre ordered!

Fantastic work by TFS.

Many thanks for this communities support.

Would love to buy it but due to the "limitations" of my setup I can't play flight sims without VR. 🙁

Bought yesterday! Massive thanks to Team Fusion for making so much from the silver lining in the CloD cloud!

• Upvote 1

Purchased to support Devs. I will be waiting for VR support hopefully.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I urge everyone who loves simming and owns Great Battles to support Tobruk and Team Fusion and give them the opportunity to continue to make more new products in the future.

2011 Ubisoft rushed* Cliff of Dover to a commercial disaster!

2020 TF rushed* Tobruk without VR and are risking to do the same...

(*rushed = 2 weeks** earlier)

(**2 weeks is a time measure created originally by flight sim developer Oleg Maddog and properly adopted by every flight sim developer. It spans from 2 weeks to 2 or more years...)

I scratched the bottom and found some little more faith...I hit the buy button!

Now do that F**** VR!

Schermata 2020-07-31 alle 11.49.06.png

1 hour ago, EAF51_Jimmi said:

2011 Ubisoft rushed* Cliff of Dover to a commercial disaster!

2020 TF rushed* Tobruk without VR and are risking to do the same...

(*rushed = 2 weeks** earlier)

(**2 weeks is a time measure created originally by flight sim developer Oleg Maddog and properly adopted by every flight sim developer. It spans from 2 weeks to 2 or more years...)

I scratched the bottom and found some little more faith...I hit the buy button!

Now do that F**** VR!

Love those screamin' sim vegans.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

I bought it yesterday too!
Rest assured everyone will have VR support!

20 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Love those screamin' sim vegans.

I want "insert feature obsession"!

REEEEEEEEEE

Smink, I would not be posting my license key numbers here Sir. Just a heads up. Maybe a mod could delete his pics?

S!Blade<><

I went back to give Cliffs of Dover another look. However, I cannot recall how to map my controls/joystick, nor could I find any meaningful help at their forum. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

Try this:

5 minutes ago, Frequent_Flyer said:

Thanks in advance.

No worries. The CoD skimpy support compared to BoX is one of its weaknesses, IMO>

• Upvote 1

Purchased, looking forward to VR support for it.

I read they aim VR to be implemented by mid next year

I guess that depends on how this sell. 
I believe they know the importance. 
For me it is just too good to miss with or without it

• Upvote 1

S! 

Supported by buying. MTO is a rare theatre hardly ever modelled. Plane set is also interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just bought! So many aircraft I've been very excited for. I don't think anyone has ever done a good quality D.520 in a sim before now?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, dburne said:

Purchased to support Devs. I will be waiting for VR support hopefully.

+1 Exactly - Me too!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I read they aim VR to be implemented by mid next year

I guess that depends on how this sell. 
I believe they know the importance. 
For me it is just too good to miss with or without it

Hmmm hoping it can be sooner.

I will wait though, just hope it eventually does get implemented.

I will probably buy this to support the devs who did so well just bringing CLOD back from the dead. I would like to hear some feedback on how it runs and whether the AI has been fixed because it’s still not much good in Blitz. Is there anything out speaking to performance and AI in detail? 

OK, I'm confused.  The Med was suggested 100 times for IL2-BOX development, and now it appears over there.  With Wildcats, even.  Is all the further development that is not Russia or post-invasion Europe going to come from that team?  What is left for the IL2-BoX team?  Can we go back to WWI development now?

• Haha 1

The Pacific is left to the IL2 BoX team.

• Like 2

One more copy purchased.  Exciting bunch of content here; looking forward to a return to the African sands - with a much more high quailty map this time, no doubt!  Thank you Team Fusion and 1C, well done.

Posted (edited)

Ah WTH, bit the bullit even though I currently only use VR. Hoping for the swift addition in VR 😄

One question, activation required STEAM and when inputting the activation code it started downloading BLITZ.
Is this correct?

Edited by MA_Goblin
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

S! 

Downloads Blitz v4.57, if not installed previously. Tobruk gets downloaded 6th of August. Uninstall original CloD in Steam, leave only Blitz. 

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 1

Picked it up today. I fly VR too, and can't wait for it to be added in, but the team and genre needs support. Don't be a VR snob 😉! If you are planning on playing this once VR support is out, pick it up now to help fund the team adding the feature. Until then I will enjoy playing on a curved monitor when it launches.

• Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

Already bought it. Looking forward!

Edited by Lemmi

They're doing a truly fantastic job with this sim, I can't compliment their efforts enough! Unfortunately money is tight due to being self-employed during this worldwide crisis, so I can only invest in games/sims I'm definitely going to use. For flight sims that means VR support is required. I know it's supposed to be coming at some point, but with no indication of when that is or even if it's 100% definite, I can't drop money on this one right now. I wish the team all the best though, and I hope this expansion is a great success. 👍

• Upvote 1

I know there is a massive group of single players who are quietly  waiting for a dynamic campaign engine.

I am one. I purchased anyway (even though money is tight and I had to weigh options and really pick and choose my purchases (uggh, hate the pandemic and global situation)). I will enjoy what is offered (as it looks very good) and I wish to support the team and it's development - this was my choice, and everyone is free to make their own.

I wish Team Fusion great success.

Done with my part of the deal.

Now, gimme my desert wings! 

I wish you guys the best of luck. 

28 minutes ago, Redwo1f said:

I know there is a massive group of single players who are quietly  waiting for a dynamic campaign engine.

This is part of the reason I keep flying the included career mode in the Great Battles series, to encourage continued development of the unscripted campaigns.

• Upvote 1

Pre-ordered!

Does CLOD AI cheat or does it have the same limitations as the player?

I've been playing Blitz the last few days and I'm a bit suspicious of how conveniently the AI gains and loses energy to stay behind you.

On the other hand, the enemy AI seems a bit better at challenging the player intead of aimlessly droning around.

3 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Pre-ordered!

I've been playing Blitz the last few days and I'm a bit suspicious of how conveniently the AI gains and loses energy to stay behind you.

On the other hand, the enemy AI seems a bit better at challenging the player intead of aimlessly droning around.

For sure CLoD AI are really a big challenge.

In BoX quick mission I usually just ignore when fi somebody is firing to me and still I get no damage. In CLoD you have to be super careful. In MP if you meet a formation of 3 or 4 AI you will have big trouble. Also because it's more difficult to check your six, so if you are without your buddy you are almost blind

• Upvote 1

Any idea how well implemented the Curtiss Hawks are in DWT?  I know I have said I am put off by some things, but the P40s, especially the Hawk 81, are calling me.

4 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Pre-ordered!

CloD AI does not use the same FM as the player, it is simplified, but in my personal opinion it feels a lot more believable, and I've never not been able to leverage my aircraft's natural advantages against an opponent, and really wild and aggressive maneuvering can usually shake them

• Thanks 1

I definitely admire the tenacity of the TF team in getting this done, and admire @Jason_Williams/1C for standing behind their vision. It's very cool to see the fruits of their labor finally coming to fruition! Sadly, I can't afford another pre-order right now with the wife losing her job due to COVID-19. :angry: Hopefully in the future I will be able to snag a copy.

Congrats to TF! :drinks:

8 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Any idea how well implemented the Curtiss Hawks are in DWT?  I know I have said I am put off by some things, but the P40s, especially the Hawk 81, are calling me.

The way I understand it, the P-40s will have manifold pressure regulators (dunno if the British had them installed or maybe the sim doesn't model unregulated engines yet), thus they will come in two variants, one with earlier and one with later engine settings, in the late version the Tomahawk peaks at 54" and the Kittyhawk at 57". There are no timers so in that case the limit would be in temperatures (I don't know if the 1946 system of artificial overheat is mantained or the proper radiator efficiencies are modelled).  The presence of mp regulators wouldn't allow for overboosting.

• Upvote 1

Done since day one. Just like the others waiting on VR support Purchased HP reverb G2. good luck team fusion and thank you for your hard work!

• Upvote 1