CloD 'head' shake

The head shake In CloD is I think inaccurate. you can see from this video that, once a rate of roll is established (and bear in mind this F16 is a far faster rolling plane than any in Il2 CloD) there is no force forcing the head to one side.

In CloD, your head is forced over to the side, even after the initial angular acceleration has finished.

Also in the video, you can see the pilot on occasion can resist the forces acting laterally on is head, especially in rolls comparable to WW2 fighters. In CloD even a gentle roll will misalign your virtual pilots head with the gunsight.

If anything, the most immersive thing to programme into CloD's head shake would be a marked rise upwards in the seat when negative gs are applied, as this seems to be the biggest movement in this example, along whith sudden applications of stick force.

• Like 1

Agreed. I don't mind some shake, if that's what it is, but the permanent displacement is ridiculous. Unfortunately, turning it off in single player doesn't help flying in multiplayer when servers force it on.

This is also a blocker for VR in my opinion, forcibly moving the point of view around like this would be nausea inducing.

On 7/29/2020 at 4:49 PM, =X51=VC_ said:

Agreed. I don't mind some shake, if that's what it is, but the permanent displacement is ridiculous. Unfortunately, turning it off in single player doesn't help flying in multiplayer when servers force it on.

This is also a blocker for VR in my opinion, forcibly moving the point of view around like this would be nausea inducing.

Yeah it's be good if it's just disabled as a server only option, ie you got set it to what you want independent of the server, like BoX.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sending back this topic to the surface as I do agree about this (already make a topic about it some time ago). 

Those large head movements are unrealistic (way too much exagerated). 

Check out one of the many aerobatics video with pilot's POV:

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

The human eye/brain is very good at stabilising an image thus excessive headshake can be a rather 'gamey' effect.   I used to fly with it on in CloD but have since turned it off as it made hitting anything with the 109's MGFFs much too difficult, even at point blank range. 

The one thing is, disabling head shake also disables the shaking you get when you have engine damage.

Maybe it could be locked on for engine damage or a different sort of cockpit vibration can be added in for the engine damage?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ATAG_Flare said:

The one thing is, disabling head shake also disables the shaking you get when you have engine damage.

Maybe it could be locked on for engine damage or a different sort of cockpit vibration can be added in for the engine damage?

Agree with this.
I deactivated it on Tuttovola, but it is a shame not to have vibrations when shooting with cannons or the engine is damaged.

A quick solution could be to "double" the option, so that you can disable the vibrations due to the maneuvers of the plane and leave those of the guns / damage.