Sign in to follow this  
OneGunnerUnder

How to remove mods?

I want to remove some of the mods I've installed and revert  back to the original game. I'm not sure how to go about this. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game via Steam, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The mods are still there and the game will not launch via Steam. Does anyone have any suggestions?

On 7/27/2020 at 5:28 PM, OneGunnerUnder said:

I want to remove some of the mods I've installed and revert  back to the original game. I'm not sure how to go about this. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game via Steam, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The mods are still there and the game will not launch via Steam. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have an idea that may work (or not): install the game in a different folder so that you have one version of the game that is, for sure, with no mods (version 4.07 I think). A different directory path would prevent Steam to influence such specific installation of the game. I dunnow... it's only a suggestion...

22 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

I have an idea that may work (or not): install the game in a different folder so that you have one version of the game that is, for sure, with no mods (version 4.07 I think). A different directory path would prevent Steam to influence such specific installation of the game. I dunnow... it's only a suggestion...

You hit it on the head. I made a noob mistake and modded my game while it was still in its Steam install location. It's my fault for not reading the instructions more carefully. I wound up uninstalling and re-installing Steam, and everything's good now.