Blackout in the red side is Killing the IL2

MigSu

JG51_Beazil
Posted (edited)

Take it as a friendly advice, but IMO you need to parctice a lot more to properly learn to handle the late war Spits in this sim.:russian_ru:

Well said.  All the planes in our sim have quirks, and how we adapt matters.  S!

Edited by JG51_Beazil

sturmkraehe
Posted (edited)

Still, I think this sim deserves an improvement in cues. It was argued that the g-limitation was implemented for higher realism. But then we also need better cues for that same realism. And this has nothing to do with specific planes as these cues would be available to every player - just like the blackout.

Edited by sturmkraehe

• 3 weeks later...
sturmkraehe
Posted (edited)

I have to say that I cannot recomment Spitfires for fighter pilots - unless you became perhaps expert.

you will be minced meat with little hope for getting the upper hand in a dog fight - unless you are an expert.

If you are not a real expert:

- you only can use turn&burn approach to dogfighting when you are slow. Really slow. Otherwise you black out and then you have already lost. But being slow = being a sitting duck. Somebody with higher energy and without this black out issue will control the fight and it just takes time to blast you from the sky. He just needs to pinch your tail and you're a gonner.

- you cannot use zoom&boom because then your speed increases a bit beyond the turn&burn speed which is quick. you just need to think about moving elevator and woosh: at least end of stamina and blurr or in most times: blackout. Futile to say that you will have lost the fight. The thing with pinching your tail applies here too.

- Doing loops will not help you a lot either because blackout is lurking at the bottom.

so long about Spitfire being a beginner friendly plane.

I recommend to use other planes that don't dish out blackouts like it's a cheap mass production item. You're chances of survival and maybe winning the fight is significantly higher.

*/rant out

Edited by sturmkraehe
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Sometimes i wonder, if non stop complaining about all sorts of different things, over and over, is your hobby?

And its not called zoom&boom... how would that even work... lol

Like, fly past someone, zoom up infront of him and shoot into the empty air?

PS: If you are trying to become an official IL-2 Forum Comedian, you are defo on the right track, keep it up!

Edited by Jizzo

sturmkraehe
Posted (edited)

So you have had your moment of making fun of somebody because some switched letters, congratulation. You obviously have a strong need for this and this without prior provocation. Says a lot about you. It is pretty cheap anyway.

Edited by sturmkraehe
  • Thanks 1

Feels like you just zoom&boomed me, in your beginner unfriendly, expert only, Spitfire...😅

sturmkraehe

Do you really think that you can hit me with your petty personal attacks? You don't and won't because it is a well known fact that anyone trying to just ridiculize sb is just showing off his lack of any argument. It is in fact the hidden confession of not having any argument in favor of one's own opinion at all. That's why one finds this kind of behavior usually mostly only in minors and most people grow out off this little self-flattering behavior.

Posted (edited)

I like cats and long walks on the beach. Please tell me more! 😅

Edited by Jizzo