Sign in to follow this  
=LG=Kathon

Selected and locked weapon mods?

Hi,

Is it possible to make weapon mod selected and locked (player can't click on it and deselect it) at the same time? For example there is P-38 on the airfield with rockets and it's not possible to take it without rockets. 

If yest please post example of the mission. 

Posted (edited)

This was posible untill something got broken in one of the updates few years ago, you could lock mods so players cant remove them, now it dont work as player can just remov them. On early WoL moscow missions they used this to force rockets on yaks and laggs to add them speed penalty and sim early war models, and it worked great untill it didnt and you could just deselect mods that are ment to be forced, i dont belive it ever got fixed and i do see their admins and mission makers ask for it to be fixed since then.

Edited by CountZero

I'm not sure what type of mission you are referring to. You can lock loadouts and mods in a scripted campaign by adding  a xxx.settings file with the mission and the following parameters.

It still works as far as I know, but I have not tested it recently as I have not felt the need to use it.

Config file **.settings allows campaign designer to impose restrictions for each mission:

1. &lockAmmoSchemes=* - set it to 1 to allow only the preset weapons loadout or to 0 to allow player to choose
2. &lockPaintSchemes=* - set it to 1 to allow only the preset skin for a player aircraft or to 0 to allow player to choose
3. &lockFuelAmount=*  - set it to 1 to allow only the preset fuel amount for a player aircraft or to 0 allow player to choose

Unfortunalety I guess that Kathon is not talking about Campaign, but about Multiplayer Dogfight Mission (or more specific... TAW?)

Deci