Jason_Williams

Discussion of the IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings Tobruk Pre-Order and Release Date Announcement

Finally having a release date is great news guys, looking forward to adding this to Blitz, hope this key thing for Steam does not cause any issues.:drinks:

Congratulations to all involved in getting the new module together, really appreciated.:cool:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

So I have CLod on Steam, if I buy here it will link to the steam version, but, will it keep my Steam name or link to my BoX name?

I would like to keep my Steam game name for CloD you see, John Yossairan s a second choice because my firs twas taken already on BoX. I'm sure buyin on steam will do so, but would obviously prefer to have more of the money get through to the developers.

2 hours ago, John_Yossarian said:

So I have CLod on Steam, if I buy here it will link to the steam version, but, will it keep my Steam name or link to my BoX name?

I would like to keep my Steam game name for CloD you see, John Yossairan s a second choice because my firs twas taken already on BoX. I'm sure buyin on steam will do so, but would obviously prefer to have more of the money get through to the developers.

Your online name is determined by your Steam username which you can change freely at any time!

Very exciting indeed! I am guessing this will see an increase in the user base so flying in multiplayer will be a little fuller in numbers?

2 hours ago, ATAG_Flare said:

Your online name is determined by your Steam username which you can change freely at any time!

2 hours ago, ATAG_Flare said:

Cool, so the purchase here links to my Steam Clod totally independently of BoX and my forum name here? Cool, thanks.

Yes, odering on the IL-2 site will give you a Steam key that you have to redeem inside Steam. CloD is operated entirely via that platform.

Posted (edited)

In my opinion, we are waiting for a time shift when the time is acceptable in the USA, it's 9:20 in Europe and it's about 3:20 in the USA in NY, so when it will be in USA 8-10 in the morning, I think they will activate it, which in our country it will be 14:00 or 16:00 or until the evening :) we'll be fine :)

Edited by Buffo002
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

S! 

Purchased. Go grab it 😊 

Screenshot_20200730-110901.png

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Thanks 2

And here it is !!!! Great, purchased and now wait a week until 6.8. when the installation and access to Tobruk is released wau ... super looking forward, thank you TFS super work.  :)

:dance:

Posted (edited)

I am in. Here is to hoping DWsT works with Win 7. Bring on the Barrel Chested Martlet!!! :clapping:Congrats TFS & 1C!!! Wishing you success in DWsT!

SBlade<><

Edited by BladeMeister

I got mine!        👍

I have purchased pre-order as of a few minutes ago :)

Congratulations to everyone involved in getting to this day.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Pre ordered. Hopefully we get VR implemented going forward. Really hard to do it right on flatscreen for me after 3 years of VR flight.

Congrats on getting this released. 

Look forward to it.

• Upvote 2

Just bought Tobruk. Today you guys get your first proper pay-day.

Exciting!

Although I currently dont have a working gaming computer and I've been extremely busy at work with the pandemic, I also ordered mine to support the project. I'm sure the passion and dedication of the team will pay off!

Thank you!

• Like 4

yes as I said Tomahawk first ,but always with me quality of AI in flight simulations top, so looking forward to trying out the new AI behaviour and routines.

That means mixing it with Marseille and the other crack aces of JG27.

Chomping at the bit here....Don't know why I thought it would release at midnight...It's a full 12 hours later at noon that it will release!!!!