Such a huge disappointment...

Skaska

8 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

That would be a bit more challenging for everybody.  The game is not built to talk to external entities on the fly.  It's not a data server in the sense of Amazon or any one of a million similar things.  Similarly, PWCG has no net code and I do not want to add any.  The safest way to stay safe on the internet is don't get on it in the first place :) .  I also do not want to create a dependency on the game running to use PWCG.

It would have to be an offline utility and not an in game API.  Knowing terrain doesn't help me after the mission is generated.  Now if they were to provide such a utility I would appreciate it.  Users have already done that to some degree.  I have not yet tried to take advantage.  

What I want are ever more mission generation capabilities and ever more logs.  If they were to build in a hook such that PWCG could be run in game like they did for RoF I think a lot of people would like that.  

You do not need API to be online. Amazon is a cloud service.
API, which means application programing interface, can be offline, and it defines interactions between two applications.

It can be either a service, or offline executable like the resaver which I am using my software to tell resaver to save my whole mission library and then it returns a code if the operation was successful or not (exit code).

You can through your code ask an executable (provide argument with x, y, z) if specific coordinate is a sea, forest etc. Ofcourse its just an example taken from one of the threads from PWCG that I once read about the issue where it places a target in problematic coordinates. This could solve you the problem.
I am sure that it would not take a big amount of time from devs to do such an API. This API would need to access offline map data (file) and with some algorithm return you an answer.

This is my 2cents on the topic, I just wanted to let you know that if an API would exist you could do wonderful work with PWCG and make it even more greater.

Edited by Zeev

On 7/24/2020 at 8:58 PM, Skaska said:

...that theres no career mode over the whole war like we had in RoF.
Please dont make this game becoming that multiplayer-slaughterhouse like Warthunder or Wargaming. I enjoyed RoF campaigns over years and seems I have to stay with RoF.

The difference is the servers in IL-2 GB are run by individuals not the developers. They are totally independent as to  how they are run and what they offer. Its not comparable to Warthunder in this respect at all. Similar to ROF servers. 

And there is a big variety of different server on offer. From beginner to advanced players.

On 9/3/2020 at 10:53 AM, Rail said:

Absolutely... and, just as importantly, we need the aircraft for a fleshed-out WW1 experience both in multiplayer and single-player. ROF scores very highly in available aircraft but FC is a million miles away and seems to be just a VR test-bench. Maybe this is the way to go but we need honesty and clarity from the devs. Otherwise, there will be a fatal loss of trust from the customer.

Il-2 GB is primarily a ww2 combat sim, set in specific theaters of war. If there was a demand then more stuff would be happening in ww1, they make what sells and focus resources accordingly. That does not mean u can't have fun in ww1. If u want a good career option then at present, yes ROF has that (because at the time it was the sole focus of this same developer) Or use pat's campaign tool those are the choices right now. I'd like this more fleshed out too , but I understand why it is like this right now.

From a recent Friday night flyout event on combatbox, (me in the foreground). Normally its a ww2 event.

2020_9_26__3_4_8.jpg?width=914&height=257

FNF Combat Box video

Me practicing on CB training server.

https://youtu.be/5WpYvvxdVm8

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

• 6 months later...

I still would like to see a career mode, I bought FC looking forward to new career mod.  I was hoping it to be an major update to RoF, so far, I have been somewhat disappointed,  but have only a few hours in the new game.  

I am hopeful It will get better as this is relatively new ...

Redwo1f

9 minutes ago, DDawg said:

I still would like to see a career mode, I bought FC looking forward to new career mod.  I was hoping it to be an major update to RoF, so far, I have been somewhat disappointed,  but have only a few hours in the new game.  

I am hopeful It will get better as this is relatively new ...

PWCG for FC (Patrick Wilson Campaign Generator) - go look at the first stickied post in this forum. That is your dynamic campaign generator as the developers never made an in-house one for Flying Circus.

Additional reference: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/99-pat-wilson-campaign-generator/

And website: http://www.pwcampaignmanager.com/pwcgbos/web/PWCGBoS.php

• Upvote 1

dresamAsam71
On 25/7/2020 at 9:59, Dutch2 said:

Pero hay PWCG que necesita el modo de carrera rígido. 🥳   ¿Alguna vez probaste las dos campañas con guión creadas por Vander? Sé que en RoF la campaña con guión de Klemtovic se hizo mucho mejor, pero eso es puro gusto personal, estos para FC también están bien hechos. 

Hello.  Where can I find that Klemtovic campaign?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

thinking of getting FC1.

however, after doing some reading, it seems that FC1 does not have a Pilot Career mode.

That is too bad since I mainly play SP.

will FC1 get a Pilot Career mode in the future?

1PL-Husar-1Esk
10 minutes ago, tirta said:

will FC1 get a Pilot Career mode in the future?

Yes , with FC2  (you can preorder it already) , btw if you need single player FC1 career use PWCG.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Upvote 1

Yes, Career mode is being developed as part of the FC2 expansion and will be applied to FC1 as well. There are already 2 scripted campaigns that come with FC1, and a couple have been made available in the forum as well. If you can't wait, PWCG is a great solution for career mode. It lets you adjust everything from the weather to AI difficulty, to your flight path to the objective, and more.

• Like 1