Need for Battle of Bodenplatte / Normandy Guides?

Need for Battle of Bodenplatte / Normandy Guides?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Is there an interest/need for Il-2 Battle of Bodenplatte and Battle of Normandy guides?

• Yay
    • Nay

I would say yes. Online there's almost always questions in the chat about how to handle the planes from beginners or people dipping their toes in the new planes. The P-47 is a big headache for a lot of people for engine management due to questions surrounding the turbo, intercooler flaps, etc.  The other allied planes can be a handful as well.

+1, I would love to see guides for all aircraft like these that were created by community members early in BoX history:

Chuck's Guide are really helpful, too, and I'll refer to his DCS guides if I can't find a guide for BoX aircraft

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-il2-battle-of-stalingrad/

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides/

On 7/14/2020 at 5:26 PM, Chuck_Owl said:

So... I was wondering if there was an interest for guides for Western planes.

Yes please - I enjoyed your CLOD/BOS guides and always hoped you‘d continue supporting the IL2 franchise. Although I already got your corresponding dcs guides :)

and although I have bom/Bok for some time now I certainly would read guides by you about those planesets as well - I‘m sure I‘d learn new stuff from them as be well :)

• 2 weeks later...

I vote yes as well. You can never have too much information. As others said those lodebeard guides were pretty useful especially when you try to maintain engine by the instruments, luckily I had them printed out. And your guide for Clod still gets a lot of use from myself as do those for dcs on the few occasions I can find time to fly there.

And I will say, regardless whether you do or consider it far too much work, thanks for all the guides you have made. Even keeping them up to date must be close to a full time occupation.

Always useful to have your guides around @Chuck_Owl. There's always some minor aspect I miss when I return to flying different aircraft such as whether the tail wheel locks by pulling back on the throttle or via a switch. Or, most recently, why the Bf-110 likes to party and spin in circles unless you set the port (I think?) engine 20% higher when taxiing and switch to manual prop. pitch. Took me way too many tries to get that thing off the ground!