Jump to content
ATAG_Pattle

Single Player Update - Campaigns and single missions

Recommended Posts

Hi all,  

 

Firstly, thank you for your continued support of Team Fusion Simulations. With last weeks name release of IL-2 Sturmovik, Desert Wings Tobruk, anticipation for it's release has never been higher!

 

Many in the community have asked us about the single player content in the expansion. Whilst we are still finalising this area of the sim, you can expect to see the following.

 

6 Campaigns
13 Single player missions
2 Co-Op missions
24 Quick missions

4 of the single missions are for Blitz owners, the remainder Tobruk DLC

 

As with Cliffs of Dover Blitz, we look forward to seeing our talented community members produce and share their new missions and campaigns in the future.

 

Here are screenshots from some of the missions.

 

 

 

For all Hi Res images: https://ibb.co/album/RvHwP8

 

Let us know which is your favourite.

 

We hope everyone has a great and most importantly safe weekend.


Regards,

TFS Team 

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFusionMod
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teamfusionmod
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/team.fusion.simulations
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TeamFusionSim

Wellington Convoy Attack.png

SP Mission 'Red Attack on Derna' C202 Attacking Wimpey (2).png

BF 110 2.jpg

SP Mission 'Red Attack on Derna' Wimpey Under Attack (1).jpg

Smoking Hurricane.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danielprates said:

Those screenshots lead me to beleive there is a Wellington campaign!

 

Campaigns will feature the following aircraft as flyable:

 

D.520 series 1

Beaufighter (INF and Ic)

Bf-109 (E-7/trop and F-4/trop)

P-40 (Tomahawk Mk.II late trop and Kittyhawk Mk.Ia trop)

Gladiator II trop

Wellington IC trop

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A note about the single missions: CloD shipped with a single mission system that allowed players to select which flight they would play as. This has carried over into CloDB and DWT, so you will be able to fly both the Martlet and Ju-88 in this mission: 

 

SP-Mission-Christmas-Convoy-Ju88-Under-Attack.thumb.png.caa322a8b2fdb4526f4abfef06bc2ba2.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, a lot of fun things to do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like a 1941 Channel campaign flying Spit Vs on Rhubarb missions. But I will definitely fly all of these Torbuk campaigns too. Will the D520 campaign be battle of france?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wellington and the Blenheim high altitude shots really show the terrain relief! The Wellington one also has aircraft in the background and close-up action (with the Bf-110 bearing down)... so that would be my favourite.

 

The Bf-109 climbing out is also really interesting due to how the rear fuselage looks (a strange sense of it not being cut-down behind the cockpit) and an interesting interaction with the horizon.

 

P.S. Super-excited by the single-player content.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ATAG_Flare said:

Will the D520 campaign be battle of france?


Yep, it’ll focus on French defensive and counteroffensive operations at Amiens and Abbeville from late May to early June 1940.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems awesome. To be honest, I haven't touched CloD in years and was not really considering this expansion. But the recent media, including the announcement of this single-player content, has led me to believe that I will most likely make this purchase upon release.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

A note about the single missions: CloD shipped with a single mission system that allowed players to select which flight they would play as. This has carried over into CloDB and DWT, 

 

Really?    You make it sound like a virtue but you mean CLoD still won't even have QMB:(.  No changes to the GUI either?  

 

Okay, we know there's a new map and some 'new' planes and TFS has fiddled with damage decals but......what else is going to change or be made to work properly this time?

News on this important aspect has been - shall we say.......light? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

 

Really?    You make it sound like a virtue but you mean CLoD still won't even have QMB:(

 

🤔There is a button on the main screen in Blitz right now called, "Quick Mission" -- that does include 28 "situations" but does allow for altering of both Allied and Axis flight numbers and aircraft composition. -- no where near the fidelity of Vander's Easy  Mission Generator for GBS, but doesn't  that count at least somewhat??? - confused.

Edited by Redwo1f
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds very good. I hope additionally some kind soul will be able to adapt the available user made scripted campaigns? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to get my hands on it... It was CloD that got me back into the Sim world some time ago - had a bit of a break... so pleased it's still being so tenderly nurtured...!

 

Appreciate all the hard work...!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

 

Campaigns will feature the following aircraft as flyable:

 

D.520 series 1

Beaufighter (INF and Ic)

Bf-109 (E-7/trop and F-4/trop)

P-40 (Tomahawk Mk.II late trop and Kittyhawk Mk.Ia trop)

Gladiator II trop

Wellington IC trop

@ATAG_Pattle

Sounds great and interesting...

As Italian I also wish to know: is there any possibility to have an Italian airplane campaign?

On the eastern front or in BoB Italian aviation was not such a big presence, but in Africa...

The Bf109 trop scenario shouldn't be so much far away from an Italian one.

Edited by ITAF_Airone1989

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ATAG_Flare said:

I'd like a 1941 Channel campaign flying Spit Vs on Rhubarb missions. But I will definitely fly all of these Torbuk campaigns too. Will the D520 campaign be battle of france?

Yes, Battle of France.... we do not have a map of Syria.

23 minutes ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

@ATAG_Pattle

Sounds great and interesting...

As Italian I also wish to know: is there any possibility to have an Italian airplane campaign?

On the eastern front or in BoB Italian aviation was not such a big presence, but in Africa...

The Bf109 trop scenario shouldn't be so much far away from an Italian one.

I believe there is an Italian Campaign which starts with the CR-42... think Pattle may have left it out of the list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

I believe there is an Italian Campaign which starts with the CR-42... think Pattle may have left it out of the list.

This sounds perfect! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vzpomeňte si na první vydání IL-2 Sturmovik , kolik letadel tam chybělo a až potom v dalších addonech postupně přibylo. Jak TFS několikrát říkal, pokud se Tobruk bude dobře prodávat, budou pracovat na dalších addonech.

 

Remember the first release of IL-2 Sturmovik, how many planes were missing there and only then in other addons gradually added. As TFS has said several times, if Tobruk sells well, they will work on other addons.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EAF51_Luft said:

Btw, I don't understand the absence of iconic SM79 Sparviero... 

The reasoning for its absence is because the BR. 20 already exists in the Italian Medium Bomber role. While the SM79 would be more appropriate the devs thought the resources would be better used on other more popular aircraft and the BR 20 can stand in for the Italian bomber force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ATAG_Flare said:

The reasoning for its absence is because the BR. 20 already exists in the Italian Medium Bomber role. While the SM79 would be more appropriate the devs thought the resources would be better used on other more popular aircraft and the BR 20 can stand in for the Italian bomber force.

Ok, it's right, but i think that Sparviero is essential in this map, with convoys and harbour attack. Then, it's the "italian" Bomber. Same history when the devs say the g.50 is like Mc200 Saetta. The Fiat is a worst plane respect to Saetta.

Br20 and g50 are perfect for BoB, but Afrika is another map and theatre. It was better minus 109/Hurry variants and plus ONE italian plane......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks quite a bit there for the single player so great news on that content, really appreciated.:cool:

 

Health issues mean I play very rarely so there should be enough to keep me entertained for there for a start, hopefully they will not be too long in duration as this sim does not seem to have a auto stabilizer like others and something for me that really has been a must to allow me any chance to play at all especially the longer missions, anyway, we will see what happens, looking forward to trying at least some of those when released.:drinks:

 

As for a favourite image, difficult, however, the first and fourth with the Wellington stand out for me.;)

 

Take care and be safe.

 

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EAF51_Luft said:

Btw, I don't understand the absence of iconic SM79 Sparviero... 

They stated a while back that they wouldn't be able to make the SM.79 in time for DW-Tobruk, but may include it in another module, Assuming that they can do another.

I have a lot of fun flying that plane in IL-2 1946 against convoys primarily.

 

But yeah, we already have an Italian bomber in the game as well as a Torpedo bomber for each side, including the Wellington torpedo variant, so the SM.79 would be lesser of a priority to them right now.  

 

Cheers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Missionbug said:

 

Health issues mean I play very rarely so there should be enough to keep me entertained for there for a start, hopefully they will not be too long in duration as this sim does not seem to have a auto stabilizer like others and something for me that really has been a must to allow me any chance to play at all especially the longer missions,

 

 

So far as 'auto stabilizer' there's no system in Cliffs that's historically correct outside setting elevator/rudder trim to maintain flight attitude. However without aileron trim there is a tendency to roll. The Blenheim has an autopilot type system based off the compass than can be set to maintain a given heading or heading plus altitude. On long trips I've made tea, microwave heated food or made bathroom trips. Others go and smoke. I assume Axis bomber types have this function. Definitely useful for sore bums and not just level bombing.

 

I'm talking of multiplayer but in singleplayer one can always let the AI take control for a while.

 

Daz

Edited by dazako

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EAF51_Luft said:

Btw, I don't understand the absence of iconic SM79 Sparviero... 

Because creating a flyable bomber is an enormous task... that's why you don't see a lot of them in either the GREAT BATTLES series or CLIFFS series.

 

We hope to create an SM.79 in a follow up module assuming TOBRUK is a success.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 5:35 PM, Redwo1f said:

 

🤔There is a button on the main screen in Blitz right now called, "Quick Mission" -- that does include 28 "situations" but does allow for altering of both Allied and Axis flight numbers and aircraft composition. -- no where near the fidelity of Vander's Easy  Mission Generator for GBS, but doesn't  that count at least somewhat??? - confused.

 

No, because is not even on par with IL-2:46 default  QMB, you can't:

 

- select loadout

- select fuel amount

- select skin

- select any map

- select air or ground start

- ...

 

As the name says, those are just a "Quick Missions" - most with air start, with few options in main screen, basically Time Of Day and Clouds coverage.

 

Back in time some people try made an external Quick Mission Generator for CloD, but AI issues hamper their efforts. E.g. result that in a 1x1 scenery AI plane simple ignore the player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sokol1 said:

 

No, because is not even on par with IL-2:46 default  QMB, you can't:

 

- select loadout

 

This means that if you switch what bomber your (or an enemy?) flight has... they default to not carrying bombs - right? That is a bit of an issue. It would be good if it would at least default to a bomb-equipped loadout (even if you can't make changes to it)! It is too bad the GUI code was such a mess.

 

Could you imagine this game with something closer to UQMG (by Uberdemon)? That said, I really think the Cliffs approach was a good one - by having each quick mission basically be a separate mission and just changing the flight numbers/types it gives the ability to have much more diverse experiences. It also makes it much more expandable. One can add missions for attacking transport ships or warships or little boats ...all on the same map. One can have presets for dive bombers and level bombers and low-altitude bombers... all scripted into the mission and ready to go. So, it is actually better than Great Battles (where bombers fly in a circle a couple of times and then head home to land) and the original Il-2 (where you are always flying over the same targets)! They just weren't able to finish the loadout editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 8:22 PM, DD_Arthur said:

 

Really?    You make it sound like a virtue but you mean CLoD still won't even have QMB:(.  No changes to the GUI either?  

 

Okay, we know there's a new map and some 'new' planes and TFS has fiddled with damage decals but......what else is going to change or be made to work properly this time?

News on this important aspect has been - shall we say.......light? 

This has been asked a few times, including by me, and to my knowledge no official answer given, so I can only assume they haven't touched them. Shame, it might sound like a small thing but it really puts me off buying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archie said:

This has been asked a few times, including by me, and to my knowledge no official answer given, so I can only assume they haven't touched them. Shame, it might sound like a small thing but it really puts me off buying. 

 

Yes it is a very small thing - and really guys, after the years of what I imagine has been extremely hard work and much sacrifice by TF, is that the most positive comment you can come up with?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, SquashmanMikeEH said:

 

Yes it is a very small thing - and really guys, after the years of what I imagine has been extremely hard work and much sacrifice by TF, is that the most positive comment you can come up with?

Small things for old timers likely, what about for newcomers and those who just tired of the CloD/Blitz idiosyncrasies and left it?

Edited by Dagwoodyt
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks great. I'll buy it. TBH I haven't played combat flight sims like I did back in the 90's, but I'm more than happy to buy and support them. I have DCS, CoD and BoS but haven't played them much. I'm now just slowly getting back into BoS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Wellington high over the desert is my favorite. The game engine's handling of lighting is superb--and why I like Cliffs. As to GUI quirks, I very much agree. If TFS makes something, I will buy it, but my brain is too old to retain how to get around these quirks.

Edited by buster_dee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Archie said:

This has been asked a few times, including by me, and to my knowledge no official answer given

I asked about SP including QMB in another thread - Buzzsaw said this...

 

"No Quick Mission Builder changes yet... that is something we are still working on... hope to include in a later patch after release."

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a Beaufighter campaign mod for 1946 that took place in North Africa that I really enjoyed. I never bought Cliff when it first came out as the issues were well known, but once it got fixed by the modders I bought it cheap and wasn't disappointed. No VR support, but not that big of a deal. I have the Samsung Oddesy and Thrustmaster T1600m setup. I love the VR visuals, but coming from a longtime keyboard and screen background its a lot of work and getting used to using VR in a combat flight sim where you have a lot going on at once. 

 

In Xplane 11 where its more leisurely its less hectic. Soon when I retire and have much more free time on my hands I'll start to get back into flight sims more. Maybe join a squadron. Last time I played flight sims online was when GENIE was up and running. Things sure have come a long way since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buster_dee said:

The Wellington high over the desert is my favorite. The game engine's handling of lighting is superb--and why I like Cliffs. As to GUI quirks, I very much agree. If TFS makes something, I will buy it, but my brain is too old to retain how to get around these quirks.

In my recent experience with Blitz there are actually two games. There is the Blitz game itself and then there is the "game" of creating workarounds for Blitz' quirks. For example, I have found that Blitz won't run on my pc unless I use Win7 compatibility mode. The need to exit a mission in order to name and start recording introduces another issue. Frequently the game will drop to taskbar when I try to reenter the mission. I then cannot close the game from the taskbar icon but only from task manager. Whether the crash to desktop will occur seems a coin toss. If you love sifting through game archives though this may be the game for you. Unfortunately,  whether a given workaround you find in those archives will work for the current version of Blitz is a process of trial and error. Given those issues I am happy that I don't have to spend for Blitz. I am anxiously awaiting Blitz 5.0 to examine any progress it demonstrates. I can see DW down the road when on sale but certainly understand those who can hardly wait for the pre-order to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 1:26 PM, Avimimus said:

 

This means that if you switch what bomber your (or an enemy?) flight has... they default to not carrying bombs - right? That is a bit of an issue. It would be good if it would at least default to a bomb-equipped loadout (even if you can't make changes to it)! It is too bad the GUI code was such a mess.

 

Could you imagine this game with something closer to UQMG (by Uberdemon)? That said, I really think the Cliffs approach was a good one - by having each quick mission basically be a separate mission and just changing the flight numbers/types it gives the ability to have much more diverse experiences. It also makes it much more expandable. One can add missions for attacking transport ships or warships or little boats ...all on the same map. One can have presets for dive bombers and level bombers and low-altitude bombers... all scripted into the mission and ready to go. So, it is actually better than Great Battles (where bombers fly in a circle a couple of times and then head home to land) and the original Il-2 (where you are always flying over the same targets)! They just weren't able to finish the loadout editor.

 

Just a note: The loadout issue has been solved in another thread... it was easy to fix.

 

As mentioned earlier... I think the QMB is actually superior in many ways to both the Great Battles and Il-2 1946 QMBs... 

 

2 hours ago, gn728 said:

I asked about SP including QMB in another thread - Buzzsaw said this...

 

"No Quick Mission Builder changes yet... that is something we are still working on... hope to include in a later patch after release."

 

Except that they will have additional quick missions... which means more possible encounters with more ground targets and situations... so that is something at least. It'd be pretty cool if the included something like UDMG though (someday)! I'm also really curious to try the FMB's mission scripting features... which I never explored but will now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gn728 said:

I asked about SP including QMB in another thread - Buzzsaw said this...

 

"No Quick Mission Builder changes yet... that is something we are still working on... hope to include in a later patch after release."

We have made all kinds of changes to the existing Quick Mission to add many new missions, (24 new Quick Mission Types for both the Tobruk and Channel map) and to allow the player to substitute aircraft for the original types in Quick Missions.

 

What we have not changed is the structure and function of how Quick Missions work.

 

So there is no new 'in between' mission builder between the existing 'Quick Missions' and the 'Full Mission Builder' which is very complex and detailed and allows you to do just about anything.

 

We will be adding a guide to the FMB to allow new players to understand how to use it more easily.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

We will be adding a guide to the FMB to allow new players to understand how to use it more easily.

 

Good stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...