Pilot leaving aircraft after landing

Guys,

I was wondering if there is a mod in the case of the pilot leaving the cockpit on landing whether at an airfield or anyplace else?

It would have the effect of adding to the immersion of this great simulation!

Thanks

Rick

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 3

You should ask over in the Mods section,maybe someone there could handle it but I doubt it.Having said that I think someone did have a mod back at the original IL-2 Sturmovik that did this , but if memory serves it was pretty crude.

In il2 1946  (and earlier versions), if you had landed or crashed you could hit the bailout key and it skipped to an animation of you dumping the canopy then exiting the plane and running 50 yards before leaping to the ground.

This was good as was said above if you were sitting in a burning plane!

5 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

There are times where I belly land an aircraft and just sit there in the burning cockpit, thinking how nice it would be to step outside. 

Edited by SirFlappy
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 3:48 PM, Feathered_IV said:

There are times where I belly land an aircraft and just sit there in the burning cockpit, thinking how nice it would be to step outside. 

I sit there and think how nice it would be to still have propellers that aren't like Pretzels. I always manage to land - even heavily damaged (which I ought to since I've had Flight Sims since 1982) but I've yet to land the notoriously fussy BF109-F4, without busting the prop. I've read stuff and watched stuff, but nope.

Can someone make a mod that puts shovels on the prop blades, so I can dig my own ground level as I touch down please?  Lemon?