Hi Devs

We have still a Problem with Bombs destruction. 

I can only speak  about German Bombs. 

The Problem is not only on the Multiplayer Servers. 

We test it on single Player too. 

In this craters of Bombs still soft targets stay alive. Since two patches the biger Bombs up to 500kg, lost a lot of Power or Blast damage. (Buildings and Cars) 

Please check this! 

Thx from JG4

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1CGS

About bombs and the effects of concomitant explosions-the issue will be further investigated. You should not expect a quick solution, because this is primarily a matter of optimization. Plus, the durability of objects depends on the durability specified by the map creators, which also has an impact.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Thank you for dealing with the topic, I already had some discussions with players, card designers, of course we also tested a lot ourselves, I also wrote in forums (TAW)
You feel pretty alone with the topic.
We have the tests on multiplayer, single miss. and made our own servers. We know that you can set the vehicles, but there are also some that you cannot.
The effects of the bombs are really very bad after a few patches.
Thanks for working on it, it makes the game better again!

Thx Widukind
Ps: we are ready for help

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Because i fly 90% of the Time BF110 , i can understand clearly what Widukind ist talking about. And therefore i can only speak for the German bombs too.

Few days ago i dropped at SC1800 on a Depot on the Finish Server - perfect hit between Oiltanks and Tents which where spreaded only few meters away from each other.

I was getting 1 Tent in Words ONE TENT with a SC1800 !

If the "destruction Value" from the Mission creater is fault on that, the Value should be limited from the developesr Side. There is no reasson why a Tent should act like a big bunker which eats all the destruction to save the nearby tents - if this is the case.

But, i dont think it`s only the Mission creaters fault. We tested on our own Server the bomb effects with different values. And it clearly looks like the bomb destruction is very low compared to the bomb sizes. For light armored targets its kinda debatable but the low effect on Tanks and Buildings are clearly there.

As a only Ground attack Player it takes away the reasson to play this role (and for me therefore the game). Long flight times, kinda slow, easy meat for attackers and a low output from the bomb destruction makes me really sad. Don`t get me wrong, i dont want nukes ! But a realistic destruction Power should be fair enough!

To be complete honest - i would love to buy Battle of Normandy because i like the Arado 234 and the Me 410 because they fit to my role but with the low destruction power from the bombs, there is no reasson for me to waste monney on that.

• Upvote 5

I think this biggest problem is that in game we just have destroy/safe option.

Probably most of the buildings in the picture would be not totally destroyed but heavily/lightly damaged.

Some of them would be demolished due to the damages, others repaired in few days..

So it's not so easy to valuate how many have to be considered destroyed.

Btw, if a building is inside the crater, I expect it to collapse cause there is not terrain below it

• 2 months later...

I think maybe  you are waiting for an answer that is never going to come.   Of course they already fixed the damage  of the larger   German bombs,  they reduced their damage  and increased the damage of various allied  bombs.   All of this was done  in different aspects of the game.    

• 2 weeks later...

Dive-bombing with 50's seem to be the only reliable way to do damage to ground targets these days. I guess dud bombs inadvertently serve to decrease demand for those 4 engine bombers but I was hoping to have this addressed in some shape or form.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...