dburne

Game version 4.008 discussion: P-47D-22, Sd.Kfz.184, IceRing, IL-2-41 in 4K and other

46 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

We just published a hotfix:

• The bug that caused the coaxial MG of a tank to stuck in a reloading state when its ammo is spent has been fixed;

• Numerous ammo type changes for the main gun won't cause repeated reloading;

• Firing the last round in an MG by a short trigger click won't cause the next magazine to load twice;

• Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.M bow MG has correct firing effects;

• Double image fixed on “Hart” skin for P-47D-22;

• The default view position and predefined snap views on P-47D-22 have been corrected;

• 'Shimmering' of the Novorossiysk harbor when viewed from far and medium distances has been minimized;

• Framerate in windowed mode is no longer capped at 60 Hz on some configurations if the display supports a higher refresh rate;

• When joining a multiplayer server in VR you should see the plane hangar correctly (and not from outside);

• A hole in the Sd.Kfz.184 driver hatch has been removed;

• The bug that caused AI-controlled fighters flying with offensive tactics (Low task setting in Mission Editor) to ignore enemy targets;

• The distance (and time) an AI-controlled fighter can deviate from its route to pursue a target has been reduced and now depends on the AI skill level;

• A random AI bug that could potentially cause an application crash has been fixed.

Thanks just started up and was surprised to find the update.  Good job.

Thanks for fixing the mirror on the D-22 - The Hub approves 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LF_Gallahad said:

That's how it was (Yes, it's true)

4b03f4fb5b551bfeb7eaf0515ba9f232.png

Does anybody know why the guys back in the day did this?

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Does anybody know why the guys back in the day did this?

There is a separate fuel pressure gauge to the left of this one, so they decided to paint over the one that is redundant. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by LukeFF
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks ! 

9 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

There is a separate fuel pressure gauge to the left of this one, so they decided to paint over the one that is redundant. 

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

12 hours ago, Vortice said:

Yeah, the old "50 cals kill Tiger Tanks" trope.

We had some fun with that one on the Ubisoft forums back in the old days. :biggrin:

Yeah, I had flashbacks to the original forum with the "bounce off the ground" comment.

Posted (edited)

Just downloaded the new update but can't find the P47-D22 Razorback. Am I just being a bit dull here? Do we have to pay for it?

image.thumb.png.65c2a338a51d5e8f63556fcab1720a55.pngimage.thumb.png.7671bcb0a93c8b0d7ab193995411f579.png

Edited by bluedragon

Just now, bluedragon said:

Just downloaded the new update but can't find the P47-D22 Razorback. Am I just being a bit dull here? Do we have to pay for it?

You need to have Battle of Normandy preordered to have access to early access planes.

2 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

but don't see an announcement.

Allways on top of the announcement discussion page. Just click on the 'Go to this post' button in Sneaksie's post

On 7/10/2020 at 9:55 PM, Sneaksie said:
  • 'Shimmering' of the Novorossiysk harbor when viewed from far and medium distances has been minimized;

Oh thank goodness!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Is anyone else getting super regular disconnects (#10009 game server connection lost) after joining a server since the hotfix? It happens within a couple of minutes of spawning into a plane... Tried everything I can thing of at my end, and nothing seems to help. 

EDIT: this seems to be SRS related, if I don't start SRS, I don't get disconnected all the time. Am I being thick? 

Not srs related. still happening v frequently though...

Edited by Diggun

Posted (edited)

When can we expect the rest of the 1941 IL-2 skins in 4K? Green and white are good, but I'd love to get back that variety we had with the 2K ones.

Edited by ]LH[Tony_Kito
  • Like 1

Ok is it me or has some of the voice coms been changed/improved? Is this the case and if so did I miss mention of it in the recent updates?  

10 hours ago, ]LH[Tony_Kito said:

When can we expect the rest of the 1941 IL-2 skins in 4K? Green and white are good, but I'd love to get back that variety we had with the 2K ones.

There was a reply to another post just now that said they will be in a hotfix. We won't have to wait until the next full version.

• Thanks 1

"62. The contours of objects against a clouds background have been minimized by using special tech"

This is awesome! Looks terrific!

Thanks!

👍

On 7/12/2020 at 4:07 PM, Diggun said:

disconnects

Donno .... Either it's srs related , but in FC server I have lost connection with server 3 times out of 5 - and it never happened before 

So I have no idea .... But I'll look for it ...now 🤔

• Like 1

Isn't the Ferdinand a bit fast, when moved in the terrain, and even more in acceleration? To me it doesn't feel like I am driving a 65ton (Wikipedia) or even 67ton (in game specifications) beast.

6. The new model of the early war Luftwaffe fighter pilot in the winter uniform has been added for Battle of Moscow and Battle of Stalingrad;

As it was also added to the Bf 110 E2, will the gunner get the new summer and winter uniforms, too? It looks quite odd to have the pilot in the new uniform and the gunner in the old one.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Hello freaks,

the tank is clearly too fast. On a straight road, he immediately reaches 25 km / h in the game without any problems and on a downhill section he reaches more than 60 km / h. The real speed of this colossus (65 tons "empty" and over 70 tons fully ammunition - up to the "standing collar") was 10 to 15 km / h in the field and a maximum of 20 km / h on the road.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to regulate the driving speed sensibly in the game, since the driving concept - it drove like a tram - was implemented well, but was forgotten, the two driving and steering levers correspond to the limits of the Tiger or Panther (reduction of the gear selector switch ) to give. In the field and on gradients, the tank immediately slows down accordingly in the game and then drives almost appropriately - it is then too fast on a straight track or downhill, and this is completely unrealistic.
I just hope that a sensible correction will take place here.

Look here

Good luck and bon chance

Guenther

Edited by Koenigstiger
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:
  1. Kuban map details improved somewhat;

Interested in this. What should we go looking for?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Koenigstiger said:

Hello freaks,

the tank is clearly too fast. On a straight road, he immediately reaches 25 km / h in the game without any problems and on a downhill section he reaches more than 60 km / h. The real speed of this colossus (65 tons "empty" and over 70 tons fully ammunition - up to the "standing collar") was 10 to 15 km / h in the field and a maximum of 20 km / h on the road.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to regulate the driving speed sensibly in the game, since the driving concept - it drove like a tram - was implemented well, but was forgotten, the two driving and steering levers correspond to the limits of the Tiger or Panther (reduction of the gear selector switch ) to give. In the field and on gradients, the tank immediately slows down accordingly in the game and then drives almost appropriately - it is then too fast on a straight track or downhill, and this is completely unrealistic.
I just hope that a sensible correction will take place here.

Look here

Good luck and bon chance

Guenther

I hope you know, the Elefant had electric engine as the Maus, and it had insane high torque like electric cars today, Elefant max speed on road was 30 km/h in real life, thanks for the electric engine.
If you don't believe me, check out Hilary Louis Doyle(he talking about the Maus engine torque)

Hello [HRAF]Roland_HUNter,

I know that - I build up tanks over 50 years - specialy german tanks! When he means 30 km/h - that will be on a good road - not russian streets in WWII. But in real the Ferdinand can not run on a downhill street in russia 60 km/h. In the game there is simply no possibility to manually adjust the deflection of the two driver control sticks or to limit the maximum speed.

Good luck and bon chance

Guenther

• Upvote 1

Ferdinand have its max speed at concrete horizontal surface at 20 km/h, according to sources. In 3rd driving mode offcourse. 

You can speed up more in 1st or 2nd driving mode, but this will damage your engine after some time. 

You can check it on any concrete airfield. 

Downhill 60 km/h? May be, but it should be realy sloped downhill. And engine will not like it. 

• Like 2

Will there be a scissors periscope for the commander in future, so he is able to see outside, when inside the Ferdinand? IRL it was the way the commander was able to lead his tank under fire, until, with the Elefant, the commander's cuppola was introduced.

11 hours ago, Koenigstiger said:

Hello [HRAF]Roland_HUNter,

I know that - I build up tanks over 50 years - specialy german tanks! When he means 30 km/h - that will be on a good road - not russian streets in WWII. But in real the Ferdinand can not run on a downhill street in russia 60 km/h. In the game there is simply no possibility to manually adjust the deflection of the two driver control sticks or to limit the maximum speed.

Good luck and bon chance

Guenther

Well, there is nothing stopping it going downhill at 60kph, unlike in War Thunder where the top speed of a tank in any condition is the max RPM of it's top gear. With the aid of gravity, it probably won't do any good for the engine though as it would be going twice it's rated RPMs.

38 minutes ago, =362nd_FS=RoflSeal said:

Well, there is nothing stopping it going downhill at 60kph, unlike in War Thunder where the top speed of a tank in any condition is the max RPM of it's top gear. With the aid of gravity, it probably won't do any good for the engine though as it would be going twice it's rated RPMs.

Does it have a clutch?

Posted (edited)

Ferdinand was powered by electric motors. These were fed by generators fed by petrol engines.   I guess,  You can't overrev petrol engines by going too fast.  🤔

Edited by vvuorela

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, vvuorela said:

Ferdinand was powered by electric motors. These were fed by generators fed by petrol engines.   I guess,  You can't overrev petrol engines by going too fast.  🤔

Manifold vacuum won't let you overrev too much either. Put your car in 1st, let go of the gas and drive down a steep hill - go back up and do the same in 5th. You'll go much faster. Clutching will let you roll freely.

Edited by Talon_

Engine compression has no effect on a vehicle driven directly by electric motors, unless there is a provision for regenerative braking, and I'm doubting that the Ferdinand had that feature.  The petrol engines in this tank drove generators only, they were not directly connected to the drive gear.  Regenerative braking works by switching the drive motors into generator mode.  The problem here is that there is no where for the electricity generated to go.  There are no battery packs to charge, or as in the case of diesel electric locomotives, no radiator fans to spin up electrically with the excess power generated by turning the drive motors into generators.

• Upvote 1

I imagine letting a lot of speed build up on a down slope could increase chance of damaging the running gear or potentially lead to walking a track off, which could be an exciting experience at speed. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Just got a 550ish MB patch - any idea what was in it?

Already was up to date patch wise so this is new.

Edited by No457_Stonehouse

11 minutes ago, No457_Stonehouse said:

Just got a 550ish MB patch - any idea what was in it?

Already was up to date patch wise so this is new.

Last one was on Tuesday:

Well after this patch the visuals in VR seem even worse! just been on Finnish server and could barely see a Fw-190 (enemy) below me, there was no "shine" reflection at all, most of the time the Fw was "invisible" to me apart from when he was firing. The ground seemed blurry as well.

Very disappointed atm.

Great news, great update. What worries me, though, is that the Ferdinand tank is labelled the "LAST TANK" in Tank Crew. Come on, you guys have built a million planes, give us more tanks like the infamous King Tiger! PLLLLLEEEAAAASEEEEE! (I won´t tell you how much I would be willing to pay for it as a DLC). Show some love for tanks enthusiasts! Take my money!

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Salutations,

I wouldn't be so quick to write off future tanks for TC . There will be the player AAA vehicles that we know of. The Normandy module is forthcoming and it had many allied tanks that we now don't have. The developers may present us some of them especially if they can make some money off of them. Never underestimate good ole capitalism.

More tanks? I am cautiously optimistic about them. 

platoon.gif

Edited by Thad
  • Upvote 1