Jason_Williams

Installation and Usage of SRS for IL-2 (Voice Comms App)

4 minutes ago, 41Sqn_Madov said:

Thank you so much for your very prompt reply. One more querry - what does the Wrap Radio function option do?

There is still the querry about the Intercom, my wingman and I  couldn't get it to work. Both radios both Tx and Rx but nothing on Intercom.

Intercom is exactly that - an intercom as on a block of flats, you need to be in the same vehicle for it to work, or in spectators (no vehicle)

Wrap Radio channels controls what happens when you get to the last or first channel and hit next - either it loops or wraps - i.e channel 5 + up goes to channel 1 or it stops and up does nothing (wrap disabled)

Posted (edited)

Clear anwers, many thanks. I hadn't grasped the idea of  Intercom being synonymous with the Spectator pool.

Edited by 41Sqn_Madov
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, THERION said:

Hi mate,

thank you for your great radio tool - it is very immersive and much easier to use than TS or Discord, if you ask me. Now that you enhanced your tool with a second radio,

possibilities are better than even before. Great!

Just some input / suggestions (in no way to be considered as criticism!) concerning the key mapping function:

It would be nice to have a toggle button to switch from radio 1 to radio 2 or vice-versa, instead of having to cycle through radio1 - radio2 - intercom. This would

benefit the possibility of having a button to toggle between radio 1 and 2, without going through intercom.

I have f. ex. a button to toggle the overlay, then one for the intercom, two buttons to change the channels up and down and one toggle button to switch between

radio 1 and 2, except that at the moment when toggling I have to go through radio 1, radio 2 AND intercom. This way I could manage your tool with only 4 buttons,

which can be crucial on some hotas setups. But it's only an idea from me.

Cheers

You can directly bind select radio 1, and select radio 2 so no need to cycle

My person preference to bind

• Select Radio 1
  • Select Radio 2
  • Select Intercom
  • Channel up
  • Enable Radio switch works as PTT in SRS settings - press and hold the Select Radio / Intercom bind to Select & Transmit

With a four way hat this gives - 

Up - Channel Up

Left - Press and hold to select and transmit on Radio 1

Down - Press and hold to select and transmit on Intercom

Right - Press and hold to select and transmit on Radio 2

I have a warthog so I use the 5th (the push in on the hat) to trigger Read Status (TTS) - i'm in VR and this reads details about the currently selected radio which is really handy

Edited by ciribob
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Would it be a relatively simple thing for you to  provide an optional setting to start SRS with Windows?

Posted (edited)

I appreciate your service support ethos Ciribob, you are a credit to the community.

EDIT : I got the Startup with Windows working as suggested, didn't know it was  so easy and will use this for other programs when needed. Thanks

Edited by 41Sqn_Madov
  • Thanks 1

Guys we were trying the intercom it seemed to work in tanks but not in a bomber any tips to make the intercom function in an aircraft

On 8/7/2020 at 10:25 PM, TP_Jacko said:

Guys we were trying the intercom it seemed to work in tanks but not in a bomber any tips to make the intercom function in an aircraft

Hmm should just work, I'll do some tests. Thanks for reporting

On 7/8/2020 at 9:31 PM, J5_Spyboy said:

@scotsmanFlyingscotsman

Voice attack is to use your voice commands to work plane features/controls, eg, 'Set Mixture 80%'

SRS is a way for multiplayers to communicate in game, similar to Teamspeak and Discord, I suspect it will have more immersion though.

Can voice attack be used to switch channel and radio

5 minutes ago, TP_Jacko said:

Can voice attack be used to switch channel and radio

Yes.

1- Set a key in SRS.

2- In voice attack do a profil and a vocal command using the key you set in SRS.

11 hours ago, ciribob said:

Hmm should just work, I'll do some tests. Thanks for reporting

Ciribob - if it helps, we were using the A20 to test the in-plane intercom and the Tiger to test the in-tank intercom.

New IL2-SRS Version - 1.0.1.1

This release adds quite a a new feature, bug fixes, and improvements for the installer

To update run the Auto-Updater or download the release zip IL2-SimpleRadioStandalone-1.0.1.1.zip - extract and run the installer.exe

This update is backwards compatible but I recommend all servers and clients update to this version as there are some important bug fixes

Changelog

• Installer now intelligently reads the read only flag on .cfg file, edits and re-applies read only again if it was set. This fixes an issue some were having with the installer being unable to edit the IL2 .cfg file.
  • Added Push to Talk Release Delay defaults to 0 - max 500ms. Fixes issues with dodgy buttons. Use this if you have PTT repeatedly triggering. 200 ms is a good value if you have bad buttons.
  • Improved IL2 Sync Handler - work around bug with spectator coalition. For now it'll take 25 seconds before comms will switch to spectator after switching from a coloured side. Switching between coloured sides - i.e red to blue is still instantaneous so no worries there. Cant comms snoop :)

More details and release here: https://github.com/ciribob/IL2-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Please don't forget to support this project too! Details on the link above on how to support 👍

Edited by ciribob
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Habu said:

Yes.

1- Set a key in SRS.

2- In voice attack do a profil and a vocal command using the key you set in SRS.

Thanks works a treat.