Sign in to follow this  
=MERCS=Warrior*

Airfield Taker Over Please Help!

Hey guys I run a server called AIR ATTACK TACTICAL COMBAT I am fairly new to the mission editor program been doing it about 4 months now. What I am trying to do is Get a Airfield to be taken over and when its taken over the correct AAA spawns with the same country. What I need is a Allied Airfield at the start with GE taking over the Airfield. So how I want the airfield to be taken over is by MCU counter with destroying buildings. Can anyone make me a group and have this done? I have tried for over 200 hours to do it myself I can't do it. I will pay anyone who is willing to do this for me. I just can't figure out how to get it done. I have it all the way but when the GE take over the AAA guns won't spawn. Any help? 

Thank You 
Warrior

Posted (edited)

Try this test group:

AirfieldSwitchTEST.zip

UPDATE: I corrected some issues with the test group based on PMs with =MERCS=Warrior*.

Unzip it to your /missions folder or a subfolder of that one. Restart your editor and the group will be in your "Groups" library on the right side.

I have not tested this yet and I don't know how efficient it will be on your server.

The test group has the following:

• An airfield with British and German planes, set up according to "Change Control of an Airfield to the Enemy" on pg. 132 of the editor manual
  • British and German AA light guns, controlled by two target defence switches, set up according to "Create Target Defences" on pg. 125 of the editor manual.

Change control of the airfield by triggering one of the following:

• Allies Capture Airfield
  • Axis Capture Airfield

You'll need to trigger "Allies Capture Airfield" at mission start to enable the Allies AA and set the airfield to Allied.

Edited by JimTM

Jim, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

But, I've always been a lousy judge of character. 😁

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

@=MERCS=Warrior*

Here is a sample mission using the above group from Jims post for you to look at. The Airfield  and AA swap out about every 30 seconds.

I've also added 2 planes (invulnerable) that continually fly over so you can see the AA swap out and shoot at the planes

I've placed a spectator camera for you (using F12) to put you in the area of action to see it all happening.

I added 4 AA units for Axis and Allies of dif types(in formation) so its easy to see them swap out.

Added a slight input delay to defense switch to allow AA to despawn before each respawn swap, so that are not present at same time.

I've also used groups to make it easier to read. This  makes it easy to drag them(axis/allied AA) apart (as they are on top of each other) , when viewing the mission.

Mission Brief:

image.png.1c488726ba53d84ef726f8ec9504c186.png

AirfieldSwap.zip

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
Added Mission file (updated, minor error)
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Just in case you are not aware of these useful editor features.....

Some viewing tips for using the editor:

Hold ALT key and press F9 key, this will toggle a black background on/off.

This makes it a lot easier to see the units/blocks/MCU's during mission editing.

Being able to turn on off the visibility of various elements with these also makes viewing easier (enable/disable stuff)

image.png.2f587adc2288b26433b85c19493adff9.png

Also to turn on/off various elements in the editor. This makes reading mission flow much easier (below picture)

image.png.125d746a96cfcbb9ac9703b5b74d3f96.png

Smart use of groups to reduce clutter:

Many people get this wrong building missions can make a huge difference to debugging and fault finding for oneself and others trying to help you. If you have to revisit a mission you made months ago, using good technique also makes readability very important for understanding how/why you did it that way and for fault finding. This pays off 100 fold....

Using good clear concise  naming system:

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, =MERCS=Warrior* said:

Hey Strix thank you so much for your help. The problem I am having now is the airfield take over only works once. Doesn't matter what logic I put in the airfield take over will only work once. It will not go back and forth from 0-1 1-0 0-1 etc etc. It only wants to go from 0 to 1. That is it. Doesn't matter what kind of logic I put in. Paratroopers tanks buildings etc etc. I want buildings. I put in this map at the top of 0302 you will see how I have it set up. Its a Axis Default Base that only changes from Axis to Allies Won't change back at all. I have gone over what you said and to my eye's I have done everything you said. 

http://vsqma.site/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Airfield-Take-Over-V4a.zip

Warrior

Every time x number of buildings destroyed (it will trigger a swap, as counter uses a reset), first time around axis (ping) get ownership, next time allies (pong) ie ping/pong/ping/pong etc.

(allies in this particular case are  disabled as option at the mission start).

So each time one side  fires it  disables itself and enabled the other side for  next time its fired.(the counter)

Change the counter to suite the number of  buildings u want.

Put the change ownership(behavior MCU) , and any spawn logic off the (ping /pong) Timers 

To build powerful mission logic you have to master use of activate/deactivate mcu's

Like so: (group attached)

image.thumb.png.7b2f1b3a6e4c63de5cff75703ea56857.png

pingpong.zip

Edited by =RS=Stix_09