2600palle

CONTROLS DONT WORK HE 111

hello pilots, im very new to IL2. 

first my joystick and stuff are set up to spitfires and bf109 and it works fine . 

but now i wanna learn how to fly the He 111 bomber , but it wont allow me to switch to gunner ore everything. i have watched many videos on youtube and they just press c ore ALT1-2-3-4-5-6 

it dosent work for me even that my controls are (basic standard) and i have searched and searched for an answer i hope someone have the time and paitience to help me out with this . 

have a nice day everyone. 

Posted (edited)

So, firstly I am assuming you mean the 111 in cliffs of dover.

The controls you set (position#1,#2 etc) are contained in the controls menu under "Views" i think.  You may need to rebind them as some keyboards look different to the game than others (one of my keys for instance is seen as OEM102 rather than Ctrl).  Once you are happy that the key combination you have chosen is working, you need to first save the profile and then apply it using the buttons on the lower right of the screen.

You will also need to bind a key to take control of the gun with the mouse (F10 by default i think) if yu are not usng the mouse to look around already and also to lean to the gunsight (same command as in th fighters). If you switch back to pilot remember to disengage F10 unless you use the mouse to look around. With the 111 and blenheim you will also have to bind keys to move the mountng up/down/left/right (not the gun, the mounting). Thats very clunky at present sadly.  If fact the 111 turret system is all very clunky TBH. Unlike the 110s there is no relod annimation so its also a caseof hitting relaod and pressing the fire button until it starts to fire again. I really hope a better solution has been found for thr FN turrets in the upcomming Wellington.

Finally you may want to adjust your mouse speed (RTS mouse) in the conf.ini file in the 1C soft club folder in your Documents to something like 1.5 as this will give you faster movement. Using the buttons on your mouse to reload and fire is also useful (but i cant remember if the reloading of the autocannon in the 110 is command based or automatic).

For stuff like the Stuka and 110 there are shortcuts but unless you are using those a lot, id stick with selcting everything per position to train your memory. 

In general you should be able to have just 2 control profiles, one for allied/italian and one for LW. The main differences between these two sets are the WEP/Boost cut out users different command lines but likely you will use the same key or button and the prop ptich increase/decrease is reversed. 

If you stil find yourself struggling, let me know and ill, work though it on mine to give you a step by step. 

Good Luck

Edited by BOO

hello boo, and thank you very much for your reply. i didnt figure it out quiet well . my biggest issue is not to fire the machine gun with the 111 infact i dont mind i cant . i only play single missions atm so i can learn how to play before i even try multiplayer :) . but i want the bomb sight so i can set speed and altitude and that stuff with my bombs i cant remember what is what called xD .  i have tryed to key bind it with some new keys but it dosent work for me .. in worst case and you got the time, we could go over discord and then i can stream from there and show you , ore guide me to the right key bindings .. lean to gunsight i dont have anything called that but i assume its the one where you get closer to gun sight in the spitfires and that i have key binded on my joystick allready . i use hotas x joystick and throttle so i have some ekstra keys on it to i could just keybind if it is .. i hope you can help me and sorry for being so noobish :) have a good day . best regards

8 hours ago, 2600palle said:

hello boo, and thank you very much for your reply. i didnt figure it out quiet well . my biggest issue is not to fire the machine gun with the 111 infact i dont mind i cant . i only play single missions atm so i can learn how to play before i even try multiplayer :) . but i want the bomb sight so i can set speed and altitude and that stuff with my bombs i cant remember what is what called xD .  i have tryed to key bind it with some new keys but it dosent work for me .. in worst case and you got the time, we could go over discord and then i can stream from there and show you , ore guide me to the right key bindings .. lean to gunsight i dont have anything called that but i assume its the one where you get closer to gun sight in the spitfires and that i have key binded on my joystick allready . i use hotas x joystick and throttle so i have some ekstra keys on it to i could just keybind if it is .. i hope you can help me and sorry for being so noobish :) have a good day . best regards

hello buzzsaw i have already checked all hes videos with no luck :s i have rebinded the view and nothing works :(.

i cant find anyone with the same problem in that forum . it pisses me off it wont work tbh. i need a guide through a stream ore something to show how its set up and when i join a offline mission it wont allow me to move from my pilot seat no matter what i push . 

Thousands of people have flown this aircraft without an issue... recommend you do some more investigation.

We will offer Flight Manuals for all the BLITZ aircraft with the release of TOBRUK if you want to wait.

the main problem i have is that my keybinds dosent work at all. i can mayby try and film it when i go in and setup the keybind and then go into the game and shows nothing happens . 

it works with everything else i setup but when it comes to switch positions inside the airplane nothing happens . the only issue i can think off is something into the realism setup mayby otherwise im clueless .. its frustrating 

2 minutes ago, 2600palle said:

the main problem i have is that my keybinds dosent work at all. i can mayby try and film it when i go in and setup the keybind and then go into the game and shows nothing happens . 

it works with everything else i setup but when it comes to switch positions inside the airplane nothing happens . the only issue i can think off is something into the realism setup mayby otherwise im clueless .. its frustrating 

Try going into Multiplayer on the ATAG server and binding your keys there and saving... might work.  You need to go to multiplayer to set your custom gun convergences.

8 hours ago, 2600palle said:

No probs. PM me an invite to your discord (or whatever discord you are using) and we can go over it during the weekend. Im in the UK and daytime, early evening would be good for me. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2020 at 1:54 AM, 2600palle said:

but now i wanna learn how to fly the He 111 bomber , but it wont allow me to switch to gunner ore everything. i have watched many videos on youtube and they just press c ore ALT1-2-3-4-5-6 

it dosent work for me even that my controls are (basic standard) and i have searched and searched for an answer i hope someone have the time and paitience to help me out with this . 

Hello Palle - I assume it is not even working for you from the keyboard (before you even try binding to joysticks  etc) so have you tried to see if it works on any other plane with 2 seats or more ie me110/beaufighter/blenheim etc just to get bomb aim position or merely to change position? You do need L Alt 1, 2, or 3 for specific cockpit or L alt +C (not R alt) which will just cycle between positions. 

The other possibility is if you enter game options and select realism settings there is aircraft switching panel (bottm right of the 5 panels) and top is "Cannot switch positions" box. You need that selected else its pilot position only - you cannot swap a position - the default setting do not all enable it (I have custom setting)

Do the alt/shift keys work for any other combinations ie Lalt +o to change oil rads position?

The other remote possibility is that you have something else running that is using these key combos so preventing blitz using them.

Edited by 56RAF_Stickz
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

Hello Palle - I assume it is not even working for you from the keyboard (before you even try binding to joysticks  etc) so have you tried to see if it works on any other plane with 2 seats or more ie me110/beaufighter/blenheim etc just to get bomb aim position or merely to change position? You do need L Alt 1, 2, or 3 for specific cockpit or L alt +C (not R alt) which will just cycle between positions. 

The other possibility is if you enter game options and select realism settings there is aircraft switching panel (bottm right of the 5 panels) and top is "Cannot switch positions" box. You need that selected else its pilot position only - you cannot swap a position - the default setting do not all enable it (I have custom setting)

Do the alt/shift keys work for any other combinations ie Lalt +o to change oil rads position?

The other remote possibility is that you have something else running that is using these key combos so preventing blitz using them.

Hopefully all sorted now. Had a little time with Palle this morning.  You hit the nail with the switching positions. He's on his way to bombing Nirvana (read - "the the hell did i miss") now 🙂

Edited by BOO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BOO said:

Hopefully all sorted now. Had a little time with Palle this morning.  You hit the nail with the switching positions. He's on his way to bombing Nirvana (read - "the the hell did i miss") now 🙂

so all we gotta do is get him in a wellington then now :)

aye thanks boo for your help was helping me ALOT :) nice to see people actually helps once in a while when it gets crasy 😄 was awsome 

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

so all we gotta do is get him in a wellington then now :)

oooo yeah! But first we need to find him a good book to read whilst the engines reach temp!

• Haha 1

or teach him that short cut to warm up engines fast(not that I know it either but been on line and watched 2 spawn in beaufighters take off and go whilst I am being straffed on field 5minutes later :) ).

12 minutes ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

or teach him that short cut to warm up engines fast(not that I know it either but been on line and watched 2 spawn in beaufighters take off and go whilst I am being straffed on field 5minutes later :) ).

I was stat there with a stuttering engine in SP, hit the external view key by mistake and the bugger took off straight away with the AI. Anyhow, im satisfied that sitting on the ground prolongs my mission spawn to death time significantly so its all good. 

On 7/4/2020 at 3:38 PM, 56RAF_Stickz said:

1. Spawn in, start engines

2. Alt-F2 into the back seat letting the AI take over the pilot seat, the engines warm up almost instantly

3. Alt-f2 back into the pilot seat - you're set to go.

yeah thanks Flare - this is in another thread (forgot which but thinks its on your atag forum).

1 hour ago, ATAG_Flare said:

1. Spawn in, start engines

2. Alt-F2 into the back seat letting the AI take over the pilot seat, the engines warm up almost instantly

3. Alt-f2 back into the pilot seat - you're set to go.

I seem to have deleted the alt-F2 because its operation title was the same as another (external view?) which had F2 alone. This is a bit of a guess several years down the line but not realising there was a difference between them I ditched the alt-F2 - why have 2 I thought? Its only when I heard about its potential use. aah well I can add it back (its really only beaufighter thats a pain) if I want. I have a copy of confg file in mydocuments with the two keys (and different titles for each - odd why it dont list it differently). Then again possibly new version will have warmup at manageable time and we neednt bother.

Posted (edited)

Are two commands called "External View" - one wrongly, for game code one is

"outside"

other is

"outsideView"

Clo-D-dump.jpg

See the first command "External view" ("outside") - default keys alt+ F-2;  as "Leave Aircraft for AI Control" (autopilot).

Back in time I fixed this in CloD early versions, just using Keygets.DDL extractor and ... Windows Notepad: 😜

Clo-D-Controls-change-1-2.jpg

This command allow you exchange your aircraft with another AI aircraft when paying offline (if "Cannot Switch Planes" is un-ticked in "Realism"), you "Leave Aircraft Control for A"I, then select other aircraft in "View planes" list and use  the command "Take Control of selected Aircraft" (4th abobe the two "External View").

And for "cheat" engine temperature effects in multiplayer. 😁

Edited by Sokol1

Posted (edited)

Fixed in 5.0 (wait for August 6th): Enhanced: Renamed misleading 2nd false "External View" to "Release Position"

"Release Aircraft to AI control" would not be correct, as this is also needed to release a gunner's position back to the AI when you go back to the pilot's seat

Edited by FG28Artist
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1