Jason_Williams

Discussion of IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk Announcement

VR users really has become the vegans of flightsims.

Sweet frigging Moses how annoying it starts to become.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

it's the perfect excuse

If it came with VR, it would be the least of it,
the lack of polygons, which is 10 years old, the menus, etc., blah blah blah
As someone has said, if you want to buy it and if not, stop making unfounded excuses.

We are tired of the same excuses, always the same.

Have you played Blitz? official? Has it gotten to play beyond its launch?

I do not know of any person who has played with the TF patches and has been consistent with this simulator that does not keep a good memory, a good word ............ They are all praise for the online campaigns that have lived with this simulator.
The flight model, the damage model, the setting, the difficulty ..............
Well they bring it to you improved, in tobruk and with a lot of new planes. With the rigor of a real simulator
Totally new !!

Where does so much hater come from?

Edited by pienoir
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

I can certainly understand the disappointment for those who choose the VR experience. I can only relate in that I'd not want to revert to hat-switch views after years with TrackIr. The added VR immersion must be brilliant and I've little doubt we'd all honestly prefer it given the choice.

What I can't understand is pages of complaints, defiance and moaning. The lack of VR support should be no surprise to anyone after months, no years, of development with TF stating all along VR would NOT be initially included, giving definitive, valid reasons why not. 

Choose to buy it or don't buy it. That's the ultimate personal expression. Arguing in circles over a moot subject must be exhausting.

Go flying and have fun. This is just a recreational game after all.

Dazza

Edited by dazako
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, dazako said:

I can certainly understand the disappointment for those who choose the VR experience. I can only relate in that I'd not want to revert to hat-switch views after years with TrackIr. The added VR immersion must be brilliant and I've little doubt we'd all honestly prefer it given the choice.

What I can't understand is pages of complaints, defiance and moaning. The lack of VR support should be no surprise to anyone after months, no years, of development with TF stating all along VR would NOT be initially included, giving definitive, valid reasons why not. 

Choose to buy it or don't buy it. That's the ultimate personal expression. Arguing in circles over a moot subject must be exhausting.

Go flying and have fun. This is just a recreational game after all.

Dazza

Honestly its laughable reading it all.. You've hit it on the head.

Posted (edited)

If you exclude posts that constitute complaining about complaints this has been a useful thread and predominantly civil. Certainly anyone having skimmed the thread will not be under any illusions about likelihood of a VR edition down the road.

Edited by Dagwoodyt

I think the point by the VR enthusiasts is this. Not one person has said they won't buy the game if VR is implemented. A sizeable portion of potential customers have expressed to TF that they won't buy it if it is not. They have repeatedly said this for at least the past 2 years. It should not come as a shock to TFS.  If at the end of this, there is an announcement to the effect "TF5 was not a commercial success", don't say that the VR crowd didn't play their cards early and often. One will then have to ask whether or not TFS made the right choices in project managing the scope of the product.

Expecting people to be philanthropic in their hobby purchases is frankly ludicrous. This is basic contract offer and acceptance stuff. It's a business, not a charity.

And for the record I don't have VR and think that it's implementation is the last thing that should have been done, there are far more serious issues within the CLOD codebase to be resolved first. I note we still haven't seen any actual evidence of the improved AI...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I read at the requirements that only Win 10 is supported.- It is a pitty as I am running Win 7 and have no intentions by the moment to migrate ( I guess I am not the only one) .-

All the Il2 Sturmovik saga and DCS are Win 7 compatible, so I am astonished with this change.

I hope this should be reverted

7 hours ago, theOden said:

Flat screeners are retarding the development of technology and hence denying the rightful and proper evolution of mankind seeking tangible hologram combat flight sims.  VR users are constantly reminded of your medieval ways and needy wanton desires. Your cries of mis justice as the upper social order humbly ask for technology to satiate todays needs. To move on from yesterday and to avoid the perils of Combats sims as showing by time immortal, the flat screeners with outdated superceded equipment, hanging onto visions of glories of yester years.  My God, there are still those amongst your ranks using mice to look around with and attempt to fly.  VR is the future and the now. Our needs are stood aside to cater to the flatscreeners desire for software created to suit a bevy of peripherals which for all intensive purposes serve the future of Combat flight sims as well as a broadsword or an ancient sharp edged rock.  VR to flight sim development is the BFG.  It should be embraced by all as those in the lower social order endeavour to improve their lives in mankind’s eternal struggle so that they too may have VR and be one step closer to tangible hologram Combat flight sims.  Projects created, non VR related are equivalent to mans early development of tools, poking things with sticks, banging rocks to make fire.  Sure if you have to, in survival mode, its handy if we have to fire making rocks to bang together, but 99.99% of the time, we are better served with a box of matches or a zippo.  VR is the zippo, Flat screens are the rock.  Mankind’s survival depends on evolution. The history of Combat flight sims follows the same path.  Ergo,, Flat screeners are keeping us from reaching Mars.

Flatscreeners are the lactose intolerant of flightsims

Their noises made in the existential Combat flight sim timeline, brief, without enjoyable purpose and gone with the breath of fresh air that the future of VR brings us all.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

This thread needs a serious cleanup.

Edited by Arthur-A
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Solitojorgesoo said:

I read at the requirements that only Win 10 is supported.- It is a pitty as I am running Win 7 and have no intentions by the moment to migrate ( I guess I am not the only one) .-

All the Il2 Sturmovik saga and DCS are Win 7 compatible, so I am astonished with this change.

There definitely are players using W7 and W8.1 with Cliffs Blitz if you look in the forums. I haven't seen anything stating W10 is a must, other than W10 being 'officially supported' because it's current. I'm sure much smarter people than me can answer you better.

Daz

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Solitojorgesoo said:

See Buzzsaw's earlier response:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/63132-discussion-of-il-2-sturmovik-desert-wings-tobruk-announcement/?do=findComment&comment=966587

'Supporting' an obsolete and insecure OS isn't a viable proposition. If you want to risk continuing to use it, that's down to you - but you can't expect other people to do the same.

• Upvote 1

Hello All

This thread has been sidetracked a bit by the discussion of VR.

And we have been patient in allowing that discussion to continue to the point of elbowing out other questions.

However, there are a number of other threads on this forum where VR is discussed.

And TF has responded with a clear answer in regards to our future plans for VR for the CoD engine.

I would request anyone with an interest in VR to continue their comments in the other dedicated threads and leave this thread to questions which focus on TOBRUK and its planned content and other features.

Thanks for your patience.  🖐️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

On 7/2/2020 at 1:05 AM, AndyJWest said:

If it still works, that is because because it was developed when Win7 was supported. I'd be surprised if the developers still test updates on Win7, for the reasons already given. Don't be surprised if it stops working.

So we Win 7 users must wait until launched  and then try if it works   ?

9 minutes ago, Solitojorgesoo said:

So we Win 7 users must wait until launched  and then try if it works   ?

Given that the developers aren't going to support an obsolete and vulnerable OS, yes. And if it doesn't work, don't expect the developers to do anything about it. 

Team Fusion (or 1C-777, or any other entertainment software developer) aren't responsible for Microsoft's business decisions. Win7 is now unsupported. Even ignoring the obvious security risks, you can't expect backwards-compatibility with an obsolete OS. Trying to maintain that would stifle future development.

If you want to run new software, upgrade to Win10. It may quite possibly cost you nothing at all.

• Upvote 1

Hey. Thanks for adding the Italian markings to the BR.20🙂.

Kind of got bored with the Luftwaffe markings on them.

image.thumb.jpeg.dc7bb6338f5bcf9c863833790902051f.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Hey. Thanks for adding the Italian markings to the BR.20🙂.

Kind of got bored with the Luftwaffe markings on them.

image.thumb.jpeg.dc7bb6338f5bcf9c863833790902051f.jpeg

The reason so many Br 20s and G.50s in CloD are shown with German markings is because the "army" of the spawn point or the aircraft group is set to germany. If you want to spawn G.50s and 109s at the same airfield, you have to have either Italian 109s or German G.50s. If you make a separate spawn point set to Italy, then the BR20 and G50 have the italian markings as they should. It's also why in the QMB they are usually with the german markings - the QMB planes are usually set to the Germany army. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Chci se zeptat jestli by už ta aktualizace 5.0 pro CoD Blitz ( která je zadarmo pro opravy, úpravy,grafiky, efekty apod.) mohl být už co nejdřív spuštěn, aby Ti co mají Blitz mají možnost si to porovnat se starou verzí CoD Blitz. A nový placený DLC Tobruk vyjde podle Vás (TFS) jak to máte v plánu (ikdyž bych chtěl aby vyšel co nejrychleji :) ) Je to možné takto udělat? Bylo by to dobré i pro ty lidi co třeba nemají ani ještě CoD Blitz aby to mohli porovnat co bude v novém DLC Tobruk.

I want to ask if the 5.0 update for CoD Blitz (which is free for fixes, modifications, graphics, effects, etc.) could be launched as soon as possible, so that those who have Blitz have the opportunity to compare it with the old version of CoD Blitz. And the new paid DLC Tobruk will come out according to you (TFS) as you plan (although I would like it to come out as soon as possible :) ) Is it possible to do this? And it would be good for those people who don't even have a CoD Blitz yet so that they can compare what will be in the new DLC Tobruk.

Edited by Buffo002

18 hours ago, theOden said:

When I firsrst read your post, I thought funny, but probably an exaggerated caricature of VR users, but then this 

10 hours ago, TWC_Sp00k said:

Flat screeners are retarding the development of technology and hence denying the rightful and proper evolution of mankind seeking tangible hologram combat flight sims.  VR users are constantly reminded of your medieval ways and needy wanton desires. Your cries of mis justice as the upper social order humbly ask for technology to satiate todays needs. To move on from yesterday and to avoid the perils of Combats sims as showing by time immortal, the flat screeners with outdated superceded equipment, hanging onto visions of glories of yester years.  My God, there are still those amongst your ranks using mice to look around with and attempt to fly.  VR is the future and the now. Our needs are stood aside to cater to the flatscreeners desire for software created to suit a bevy of peripherals which for all intensive purposes serve the future of Combat flight sims as well as a broadsword or an ancient sharp edged rock.  VR to flight sim development is the BFG.  It should be embraced by all as those in the lower social order endeavour to improve their lives in mankind’s eternal struggle so that they too may have VR and be one step closer to tangible hologram Combat flight sims.  Projects created, non VR related are equivalent to mans early development of tools, poking things with sticks, banging rocks to make fire.  Sure if you have to, in survival mode, its handy if we have to fire making rocks to bang together, but 99.99% of the time, we are better served with a box of matches or a zippo.  VR is the zippo, Flat screens are the rock.  Mankind’s survival depends on evolution. The history of Combat flight sims follows the same path.  Ergo,, Flat screeners are keeping us from reaching Mars.

Flatscreeners are the lactose intolerant of flightsims

Their noises made in the existential Combat flight sim timeline, brief, without enjoyable purpose and gone with the breath of fresh air that the future of VR brings us all.

What happened when we left an error in an email to 7,000 people ...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Prostě je to nějaký uražený "VR" blbec , který si myslí , že všichni musí používat VR, TFS se mockrát vyjádřil k VR a pokud to někdo nechápe je to blbec.  Tak nekupuj DLC Tobruk a hlavně ať tady neurážej kvalitní práci vynikajícího týmu kterou většina z nás ocení a už se těší a co nejdříve vyjde.

Je to jen uražený blbec „VR“, který si myslí, že každý musí používat VR, TFS komentoval VR mnohokrát, a pokud někdo nerozumí, je blbec. Takže nekupujte DLC Tobruk a zvláště neuráží kvalitní práci vynikajícího týmu zde, který většina z nás ocení a těší se na něj a vyjde co nejdříve.

Edited by Buffo002

I'm just waiting patiently for this expansion. I know that a lot of hard work has gone into creating it, and I'm eager to play it. I'm waiting for 'coming soon' to become 'now available to download'. 😀

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TDK1044 said:

I'm just waiting patiently for this expansion. I know that a lot of hard work has gone into creating it, and I'm eager to play it. I'm waiting for 'coming soon' to become 'now available to download'. 😀

Me too and I'm glad the other 'discussion' has been moved elsewhere so I don't have to read any of it . Thanks Buzzsaw!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/6/2020 at 10:35 PM, Mysticpuma said:

Genuine question, have the team been able to fix the searchlights yet? By that I mean so they act like searchlights and not a group of dancers waving torches at a Rave?

If you have I'd love to see a video of them.

Cheers,  MP

Guess this got lost in all the VR questions? Can TFS possibly shed light on the answer? Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

Who finds this "Coming Soon" annoying compared to Great Battles always when a Announcement was made we could buy something.

18 minutes ago, Livai said:

Who finds this "Coming Soon" annoying compared to Great Battles always when a Announcement was made we could buy something.

Then by all means, go buy something if you feel the need to spend some money.😉

48 minutes ago, Cloyd said:

Then by all means, go buy something if you feel the need to spend some money.😉

Looks like I will buy "IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk" on sale then, Steam sale ends today don't want to waste the additional money from Steam for each game I buy 😁

3 minutes ago, Livai said:

Looks like I will buy "IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk" on sale then, Steam sale ends today don't want to waste the additional money from Steam for each game I buy 😁

If you buy something that you don't have like BON, FC1, TC1 for $70-80 before buying Tobruk, then honestly, Why??

If this was an IL-2 GBs product, they would be charging us like $140-170 for this, so for $60-70 we're getting it at quite a cheap price for all of this content.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 2

Has it actually gone on sale yet?

Do we know the size and boundaries of the map? Curious how much we can fly over the sea.

47 minutes ago, GarandM1 said:

Do we know the size and boundaries of the map? Curious how much we can fly over the sea.

377x377 km, roughly from west of Derna to east of Sidi Barrani, lower half sand, upper half water

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

If you buy something that you don't have like BON, FC1, TC1 for $70-80 before buying Tobruk, then honestly, Why??

If this was an IL-2 GBs product, they would be charging us like $140-170 for this, so for $60-70 we're getting it at quite a cheap price for all of this content.

Hope this helps.

Charging us $140-170, define cheap when other Game Studios as example have 400 people in the Development Team on release the game cost just $60. And someone said Game Development is expensive.....................

-> In IL-2 GBs  you have " Pre-Order " and here " Coming Soon this summer ", they should reinvent the wheel and not end up in comfort

Someone said Valve is stingy, in this Summer Sale I grabbed four times their additional money how smart from me. Made a big bow around IL-2 GBs products. Wanted to buy Desert Wings - Tobruk but 1C politics annoy me

1 hour ago, FG28Artist said:

377x377 km, roughly from west of Derna to east of Sidi Barrani, lower half sand, upper half water

Cool, thanks!

Below is an image from the Full Mission Builder... it shows the full map from East/West, but not all the North/South... there is additional land and sea to the top and bottom.

Each Square is 10 kilometers.

Tobruk-Map.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So we can chase up this Rommel finally !  (Rommel in Dutchspeak means mess)

Posted (edited)

Just a couple of questions:

1) Was wondering if the AI advances are going to be backward ported into Blitz?

2) How much is the title slated to cost? -- edit: Is that $69.99 USD a confirmed price?

3) Are there any plans for any sort of dynamic campaign engine/creator in the works for maybe down the road?

Thanks

Edited by Redwo1f
  • Upvote 1

Having something like PWCG for CloD would be awesome!

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2020 at 7:37 PM, Solitojorgesoo said:

CloD graphics was made worse in patches after release (2011) because they are trying improve FPS for make the game run in Windows ... XP, as advertised by Ubisoft.

Roads became broken in one of these "graphics downgrade" patches and never fixed.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Redwo1f said:

1) Was wondering if the AI advances are going to be backward ported into Blitz?

Every improvement of the core will automatically be available for everybody. Il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz is the core, so no 'backward porting' necessary.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:37 AM, Solitojorgesoo said:

The minimum requirements state Windows 10. We cannot develop on, test under, and provide support for an operating system that has been officially declared obsolete and that has not received any security updates since January 2020. The very real risks for us and the gamers forbid this.

That does not mean it absolutely won't run on Windows 7. But you do that on your own risk.

I understand your reluctance - I made the transition last minute myself (actually on January 17th, or so) - but the risks are real and getting graver every day. As far as I know, Microsoft unofficially, but effectively still accepts any Windows 7 key for install/upgrade to Windows 10, so I strongly recommend to upgrade asap. And, again from my own experience, it's not that bad after a while getting used to it.

Edited by FG28Artist
typo

On 7/9/2020 at 12:37 AM, Solitojorgesoo said:

Microsoft don't really advertise the fact, but changing your current system from W7 to W10 is easy and free !

Download the W10 Update Assistant...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant

Let it do it's thing. It just needs an hour or more depending on how much data you have and your hard disk speed.

When it finishes, you're on W10 and all your documents and files are still there - Magic ! ( Back up important stuff, just in case)

Then watch any 10 minute  Youtube video "how to optimise W10". You can turn off many things that are unnecessary and it runs fast and light. 

My laptop and my gaming rig used to be W7. Now they both run fine with W10. No regrets.

• Upvote 1