beresford

Ju52 skin request

Can one of the talented artists do a Russian skin for the Ju52? I know it's ahistorical but in the absence of a flyable Li-2 some servers use these as Russian para transports and it is really annoying to be shot down by your own side.

Posted (edited)

I'm mostly sure that, even if you have the skin available when choosing airplane ( which I don't know), beware: players in the server will see you with the default skin.

Edit: What I usually do in the Finnish server is advising in the chat several times along the way. Not guaranteed to work though...

Edited by sergio_

22 hours ago, sergio_ said:

I'm mostly sure that, even if you have the skin available when choosing airplane ( which I don't know), beware: players in the server will see you with the default skin.

Edit: What I usually do in the Finnish server is advising in the chat several times along the way. Not guaranteed to work though...

Doesn't this mean that it needs to be an 'official' skin (so everybody has it) rather than a custom one?  Yesterday I was attacked by a German over the target, who tried to ram me and took part of my tail. I struggled homewards and was attacked by a 'friendly' who damaged all my engines. With the windscreen covered in oil I diverted to the nearest airfield, which I apparently 'reinforced'.

I do fly thd Ju on the Russian side in MP, so I'd personally be happy with such skin.

Now, when you say 'official' skin, quoted, what do you exactly mean?

I could see a mod for a server where the owner makes it available for all players in the server, which I don't know if can be done, besides all players in that server should have to download the skin to see it.

If you mean an official skin, without quotes, part of the stock game, well... I see a number of reasons against it, and yet again, even if I'd benefit from it, I would vote against using resources just because a server made us the favor to give Russians the Ju.