Sign in to follow this  
VA_chikinpickle

Freezing controls in VR multiplayer

Have a very irritating tandom freeze when playing VR in multiplayer on the HP reverb. Does anyone else have some tips?

Usually goes one of two ways.

1. Starting up at the airfield and my keyboard and joystick stop working. Can't start the engines and have to force quit the game.

2. Far more annoying, in multiplayer, usually while turning into an enemy. Controls, mouse and keyboard freeze, and my plane continues to fly at whatever control angles I had before it froze. Then either into the ground I go or get shot down sitting helplessly watching it all go down. I have to force quit the game. 

Very irritating. Anyone know what I might try to prevent it from happening? Only happens in multiplayer.

System spec

HP reverb

Intel Xeon 3.6ghz 6c

GTX1080ti

The usual culprit is when a different window/app becomes the active one instead of IL2 (with the 2 split screens).

Happens to one of our squadmate a lot, and we always have to remind him to click on the IL2 window. Then he's fine again. Sometimes it repeats in the next sortie... not sure why his IL2 does not stay as the main active window. We make fun of him coz he has an AMD card and the rest of us have nVidia. But I don't know if that's the cause. 

You might need your peripherals to be plugged into a powered USB port.  Try the ones directly mounted on the motherboard.