LtJimothyHunting

Game runs horribly with an RTX 2060 and 16GB of RAM

As said in the title the game runs terribly even with those specs and on the lowest possible settings. The game runs fine until I get near an enemy plane and/or fire my guns. It makes it near impossible to enjoy the game as I cannot dogfight or shoot down bombers. I have read online and cannot find a fix, so if anyone can help that would be much appreciated as I really want to enjoy the game.

Just in case its needed my PC is the MSI GL63 8SE:

RAM - 16GB
CPU - I7 -8750H

GPU - RTX 2060

Game currently on external hard drive but I'm currently moving it to my SSD to see if it helps.

Thanks, Kendell

On 6/28/2020 at 7:59 AM, LtJimothyHunting said:

As said in the title the game runs terribly even with those specs and on the lowest possible settings. The game runs fine until I get near an enemy plane and/or fire my guns. It makes it near impossible to enjoy the game as I cannot dogfight or shoot down bombers. I have read online and cannot find a fix, so if anyone can help that would be much appreciated as I really want to enjoy the game.

Just in case its needed my PC is the MSI GL63 8SE:

RAM - 16GB
CPU - I7 -8750H

GPU - RTX 2060

Game currently on external hard drive but I'm currently moving it to my SSD to see if it helps.

Thanks, Kendell

I would definitely recommend you install it on a non-external drive.

Would also suggest you look at what other programs are running when you play the game... and shut down any 3rd party programs which are unnecessary.

You should have absolutely no problem running the game with your system... the issues are probably the external drive and another program interfering with BLITZ.

External USB 3.0 drives might work when you use a separate controller chip assigned to the game.

Usually there's only one in a budget laptop, having to deal with all USB data. switch off power-management in UB HUB settings might help.

CPU - I7 -8750H

That CPU has a base speed of 2.2Ghz, up to 4.10Ghz according to Intel specs.

At what speed is it running? 

On 6/28/2020 at 4:59 PM, LtJimothyHunting said:

CPU - I7 -8750H

This is a notebook CPU, performing in games probably about 30% below what you expect from a 7700K on the whole as you will be most likely cooling constrained. The mobile 2060 is also about 30% below the desktop card and about on par with a destop GTX 1660.

1080p resolution is probably the maximum you can ask from these components with medium settings to have a smooth picture.

To me it looks like your system is throttling as soon as there is some load on the CPU. Can you run Prime95 and chech for temps and frequencies? Notebook CPUs are usually a scam what concerns frequencies, as they tolerate advertised specs just for some seconds.