Sign in to follow this  
LachenKrieg

Tank selection

Just picked up Tank Crew. First impressions,... huge potential.

After installation, I only have access to 2 Russian, and 2 German Tanks. How does one drive the Panther, or Panzer IV for example. Do I have to create/edit my own mission, or am I missing something?

Also, when I select quick mission, I always spawn into a T34. Is there a way to do a quick mission in the tank of your choice?

Tanks.

Posted (edited)

Salutations,

This is what you 'should have'.

Tank Crew

Here is a Tiger mission I put together a while back.

Tiger At The Gate.zip

Edited by Thad

Thanks. I clicked around the quick mission builder a bit and worked it out. All the tanks are there with seasons/weather/time... Lots of fun.

What threw me for a loop was the Missions. To my surprise, the Tank Crew module only includes missions that access 4 of the available tanks. I guess we are supposed to create/edit/download missions to use the other vehicles. I am assuming that I would only be able to download and use mission that are made for the one map I currently have?

Currently, I am just trying to learn all the key bindings. I have read some of your previous posts on this topic, and might ask for your advice on remapping some of the bindings later on.

Thanks again.   

The developers are continually working on improving and adding tanks to the game. There were no missions provided specifically for the current updated version of the game. And yes, you will be mission limited by the modules/maps you have.

The games learning curve for the key bindings etc. can be rather steep. The best way to learn is to do it yourself. Learn as you go.

Welcome to the tanking community. :salute:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

its good to hear that they continue to add/improve the module. Lets hope that also includes things like the user interface. It would be more intuitive to have all vehicles in your garage, and by clicking/selecting one the user could see things like vehicle characteristics/stats and any missions they have loaded for it.

Speaking of maps, if you had to recommend one of either BOS, BOM, or BOK strictly considering tank mission building/game play, which would it be and why?

Edited by LachenKrieg

Actually , none of those were made to be optimized for tank play. Of course, one can use tanks in them but the terrain was create at flight simulation ground detail... not for tanks.

The Tank Crew map Prokhorovka, was made with more detailed terrain specifically for use for tank play. Look for missions made using this map. 

The Prokhorovka map included with Tank Crew is said to be 10,000 sq. km, but the increased texture/detail has been added to only a small portion of it. I am assuming it is the main battle area represented by the grey square you see in the quick mission builder.

A lot of that area consists of wide open spaces with little cover. So in addition to your point of being mission limited with just the one map, I would also be interested in creating/downloading missions that take place in and around areas with more buildings/structures that could be used as cover/ambush sites. If the BOS, BOM, or BOK maps have playable areas that would add this element of interest for me, I might consider getting one during the current summer sale.

9 minutes ago, LachenKrieg said:

So in addition to your point of being mission limited with just the one map, I would also be interested in creating/downloading missions that take place in and around areas with more buildings/structures that could be used as cover/ambush sites. If the BOS, BOM, or BOK maps have playable areas that would add this element of interest for me, I might consider getting one during the current summer sale.

There are built up areas on all of the maps:salute: