Sign in to follow this  
FA_Bong

I bought Flying Circus from the website and..

My Steam account is linked, so why am I downloading 22 GB? should it not just be there? Did I do something wrong?

Sorry @FA_Bong, unfortunately I know nothing about linked Steam accounts.  However, I did want to thank you for supporting the game developers through your purchase and welcome you to the Flying Circus WWI community (assuming you are 'new'). I would encourage you to read the New Pilots FAQ if you haven't already done so as it may prove useful in connecting you more in some ways.  S!

3 hours ago, FA_Bong said:

My Steam account is linked, so why am I downloading 22 GB? should it not just be there? Did I do something wrong?

You bought it from the web site or steam? If you got it from the website then that's why you down loaded it. Should be in your downloads. Won't be with steam.

11 hours ago, FA_Bong said:

Do you mean downloading in Steam?  FC has a map and planes etc that I think you have to download. If your accounts are linked, once you buy something from the website, activate it in the website, then open Steam, Steam will recognize that you have new content and download files if required. (Although perhaps you were just uploading a normal update?)

Open Steam and start IL-2 normally, you should see Flying Circus in a red banner under the IL-2 logo once you get to the hanger screen. The map and planes will then be available.

At least that is how it seems to works with my linked Steam account, although I admit it can be confusing.