I might be blind, but I can't find a topic discussing this in particular. I am no pro player. It's kinda why I suck at war thunder. However, since when was it possible for a T34-76 to ONE SHOT A TIGER'S FRONTAL TURRET at ranges of 1.2-1.7 km? Repeatedly. Yet my shells bounce off their armor INCLUDING APCR AND HEAT!!! Side armor included! Am I misunderstanding something here? Also, there are missions where I cannot progress because I get sniped the moment I'm in range. ONE. SHOT. Not even in range myself. Not against enemy heavy tanks either. Had a T70 snipe my Tiger at 1.2km through my frontal armor. Everyone died. If the Tiger was such a pussy, why did the allies fear it so much? The KV-1 was similar, yet I got one shotted by a 37mm gun at 1.1km. Again, frontal armor. One shot. Crew ded. Me ded. Tank ded. Didn't even get a chance to stop to shoot.

What's going on? Also, the controls are a GOD DAMN NIGHTMARE!!! The one thing that turned me off from the game back when it was just the stalingrad base game was the nightmarish control bindings. Who even uses the right alt, right ctrl, and right shift in games? Who can memorize all the bindings for specific things? Please devs, play Red Orchestra 2's tank modes. I don't want you guys to downgrade it to casual levels, but this is just ridiculous! It'll be faster to incorporate voice commands than to give an order to my crew and/or platoon. In fact, I'D LOVE THAT!!! Language be damned! Immersion 200%!!! Have a radial menu for quick actions. Have a separate radial menu for common communication options like battlefield. PLEASE! Incorporate a tutorial mode! I need to know what bindings need rebinding before I need to execute the action! 

Sorry for not "voicing" my recommendations back then. But now that I've played other games that aim for similar play styles, some systems work far, FAR better than what we have to work with in this game. I know it's a work in progress, so please, take my advice! Right now, I cannot recommend the game to my friends for the very complaints I have voiced here. You guys are so, SO close to my dream tank sim in modern engines! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

RO2 tank mode sucked ass so maybe that's why it is how it is here ;)

There was a bug i presume (i somehow didnt encounter it) with armor pen, just like you described so theres that....also be sure to close up drivers visor, AI always loved to one-shot-kill through drivers visor.

9 hours ago, AFuzzyObject said:

I might be blind, but I can't find a topic discussing this in particular. I am no pro player. It's kinda why I suck at war thunder. However, since when was it possible for a T34-76 to ONE SHOT A TIGER'S FRONTAL TURRET at ranges of 1.2-1.7 km? Repeatedly. Yet my shells bounce off their armor INCLUDING APCR AND HEAT!!! Side armor included! Am I misunderstanding something here? Also, there are missions where I cannot progress because I get sniped the moment I'm in range. ONE. SHOT. Not even in range myself. Not against enemy heavy tanks either. Had a T70 snipe my Tiger at 1.2km through my frontal armor. Everyone died. If the Tiger was such a pussy, why did the allies fear it so much? The KV-1 was similar, yet I got one shotted by a 37mm gun at 1.1km. Again, frontal armor. One shot. Crew ded. Me ded. Tank ded. Didn't even get a chance to stop to shoot.

What's going on? Also, the controls are a GOD DAMN NIGHTMARE!!! The one thing that turned me off from the game back when it was just the stalingrad base game was the nightmarish control bindings. Who even uses the right alt, right ctrl, and right shift in games? Who can memorize all the bindings for specific things? Please devs, play Red Orchestra 2's tank modes. I don't want you guys to downgrade it to casual levels, but this is just ridiculous! It'll be faster to incorporate voice commands than to give an order to my crew and/or platoon. In fact, I'D LOVE THAT!!! Language be damned! Immersion 200%!!! Have a radial menu for quick actions. Have a separate radial menu for common communication options like battlefield. PLEASE! Incorporate a tutorial mode! I need to know what bindings need rebinding before I need to execute the action! 

Sorry for not "voicing" my recommendations back then. But now that I've played other games that aim for similar play styles, some systems work far, FAR better than what we have to work with in this game. I know it's a work in progress, so please, take my advice! Right now, I cannot recommend the game to my friends for the very complaints I have voiced here. You guys are so, SO close to my dream tank sim in modern engines! 

Du hast Recht in allen Dingen fahre auch WT , RO, Steel Beast und sonstiges das hier ist bis auf die schönen Modelle alles SCHEIßE!

• Upvote 1

Guys, hang in there ... The AI and damage models need to be redesigned!
I also find that I always had problems with the open hatches in a fight.
A Russian 20mm granite cracks a Pz.Kpfw. IV ... that cannot be. :russian_ru:

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2