Sign in to follow this  
RavN_Alienzo

Problem with Headtracking HP Reverb

Hello 

I have a problem with VR in IL-2. I flew in other simulators today and everything was fine. Unfortunately in IL-2 both in the menu, in singleplayer, multiplayer, not in VR headtracking towards the front / back and left / right. Sim reads only the head turns. The recording below:

I haven't changed anything in a few days. Everything was fine so far. My VR kit is HP ReverB.

In all other VR games, everything works fine.

My suggestion is when at cliff house and looking around is to move fore and aft as part of the calibration. I too use a reverb.

Jokkr

17 hours ago, [Pb]Slegawsky_VR said:

We had a lot of issues with steam  vr and wmr, only solution was fresh reinstall with CCleaner running  before doing that.

Thuds guide:

https://discord.gg/QbrjXk 

Pozdrowienia

Reinstall helped. Thanks.

17 hours ago, III./SG77T_Classen said:

You have to start WMR first to get the 6DOF to reliably work.

Thank you Captain obvious :P I wrote that I'm also flying other sims and all works fine, so it's obvious that I'm starting WMR first :)

Sorry but this is the only game I have to start WMR first instead of WMR for Steam VR to get the 6DOF to work consistently. Every other game works fine. 

If the game is doing this you hit CTRL ALT DELETE to tab out of the game, click on your WMR window, hit the options to re center the headset and then it will be reset the head tracking.  Normally you want to get into the WMR home playroom first before you fire up steam VR.  If you don't then you have to re center.

On 6/21/2020 at 12:29 AM, [Pb]Slegawsky_VR said:

We had a lot of issues with steam  vr and wmr, only solution was fresh reinstall with CCleaner running  before doing that.

Thuds guide:

https://discord.gg/QbrjXk 

Pozdrowienia

I had the same Problem, I also did a new install and it helped.

Today my Reverb cable broke……….I was gaming and suddenly I get black screens all the time when moving my head. Such a fucking cable HP made, it is my second broken cable already, such an annoying crap they made.

Edited by spitfirejoe

On 6/28/2020 at 7:49 PM, spitfirejoe said:

such an annoying crap they made.

Cables notoriously brake despite of tightening to the headband, plastic does not last long also.

Built in headphones breakup and crackle when moving around, dead pixels pop out (luckily in the corner).

Overall built quality is poor and probably returning/getting replacement just before warranty runs out is a must.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, [Pb]Slegawsky_VR said:

Cables notoriously brake despite of tightening to the headband, plastic does not last long also.

Built in headphones breakup and crackle when moving around, dead pixels pop out (luckily in the corner).

Overall built quality is poor and probably returning/getting replacement just before warranty runs out is a must.

yes, all correct what you say. The Overall built Quality of the Reverb is a shame. BUT, HP support is friendly, helpfull and very fast. My new exchange Reverb is shiping now already.

I dealed with the tracking problem. They change my googles after warranty notification. But the biggest problem of warranty wasn't a tracking problem.

S6UKua2.jpg

Watch out for the cable mounted to left strap. It can broke your Reverb after some dynamic movement.