Wanted to do some flying last night and clicked the launcher and noticed the launcher wanted to download the entire Game Client. Its been a while since I last launched and know there have been significant updates but 22gb? Is this right?

I went to bed and let things run but this unfortunately this morning  when I went back to check there has been a freeze with the launcher and I cancelled. Started the game launcher again and it wanted to download the 22gb again but I have almost run out of space as the previous downloads seems to still be there. 

What is going on here? To make space I have uninstalled and removed the previous installation and  I am in the process of reinstalling the entire game again but this is ridiculous. I just want to fly a little and not waste half a day.

4 hours ago, Eiko said:

Wanted to do some flying last night and clicked the launcher and noticed the launcher wanted to download the entire Game Client. Its been a while since I last launched and know there have been significant updates but 22gb? Is this right?

I went to bed and let things run but this unfortunately this morning  when I went back to check there has been a freeze with the launcher and I cancelled. Started the game launcher again and it wanted to download the 22gb again but I have almost run out of space as the previous downloads seems to still be there. 

What is going on here? To make space I have uninstalled and removed the previous installation and  I am in the process of reinstalling the entire game again but this is ridiculous. I just want to fly a little and not waste half a day.

Hi,

if you tell us, you didn't launch the game for a while, so no wonder you will have a big download. I don't know which version you had last time you launched the game,

but the last two month there was a lot going on on the developer's front - we had two major updates (4.006 and 4.007) and some hotfixes in between.

So, yes, it is absolutely normal to download some 22 GB, because the update system is an incremental one and with the update 4.006 they moved to another render
system (Deferred Shading), so you may imagine with this, a whole bunch of files had to be updated/modified. And don't forget about the new content since. New
planes, collector planes, tanks etc. - even if you have only 2 modules as your avatar shows here, locally you have all the modules incl. all the collector planes, scripted
campaigns - you name it - in your installation.

Now, if you have trouble downloading the update or if the update stuck during installation, I suggest to go into your game's folder and there you simply delete the
whole content of your update folder. Then restart the launcher - update should work now, assuming your internet connection works fine. Good luck!

Cheerio

5 hours ago, Eiko said:

I suggest you keep the game up to date to avoid large update files. :coffee: