chrisarmyknife

Will tank crew get premium tanks like how there are premium planes?

Personally im not opposed to them selling tanks for 20 bucks a pop , if it would help with development of a tank crew sequel and let us have more variety , i wouldn't mind a Tiger P (one of which did see use in russia as a command vehicle for a Ferdinand battalion)   

As far as i know only those two AA Vehicles are planned as Premiums yet. It depends on the money they will earn with TC if they keep developing it. 

I hope that Premium Tanks will come in future!

• Like 1

hmm i remember that two AA vehicles were included as the AI only in the package and they later changed that to be controlled by players.

I cant find the TC announcement page. I cant remember any news about them in DD. Whats the situation now? does anyone know?

On 6/19/2020 at 2:30 PM, radio said:

I hope that Premium Tanks will come in future!

Yes, my opinion, we don't need more special tank maps or official tank campaigns..., need next premium tanks/self-propelled guns. 

• Upvote 2

I'm 95% sure the Ferdinand is the last vehicle we are getting. There are no AAA vehicles on the list at all.

No promises have been made as far as I remember. Perhaps a "maybe" statement was made at some point but the next release will conclude the vehicle list likely until tank crew 2 of they deem that a good business idea.

The AA vehicles were pulled out (they were always going to be player controlled) to be put into their own AA vehicle pack (a release similar to tank crew but just AA vehicles) but I am not sure tank crew did well enough for them to put that much effort into an even more niche area.

I think they should have left the two AA vehicles in Tank crew and added a generic AA vehicle into Flying Circus (to the level of the original free tanks) then later if they had the time redo and add more.

To me player controlled AA is something that is missing from this series and would go a long way to fleshing out the multiplayer. Games like Air Warrior I II III, Warbirds, Aces High, WWIIOnline, War Thunder etc all have ground vehicles. 

Due to development and gameplay considerations we have decided to create a separate AAA vehicles add-on featuring the GAZ-MM + 72K and Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38. We will prepare them as a separate product to be released later and work to make them a more interesting addition to IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles then initially planned.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =AGW=Master said:

The AA vehicles were pulled out (they were always going to be player controlled) to be put into their own AA vehicle pack (a release similar to tank crew but just AA vehicles) but I am not sure tank crew did well enough for them to put that much effort into an even more niche area.

Hopefully Tank Crew has done well enough, and we will see the addition of these vehicles soon. But if the developers want to give it the best chance of success, updates like this are pretty much the best way.

7 hours ago, =AGW=Master said:

Six years later and still nothing....  I can only speculate what that means when Jason says they will continue to support TC after it gets released... nothing concrete; Not a single word as to whether they will address any of the things that the community has raised. 

• Upvote 1

Yea, life tends to be full of such uncertainty. 😕

• Sad 1