Beebop's Hack Shack

Beebop

14 minutes ago, UF_kerlir said:

Yes the number 13 is a good exemple.Your WIP is a very good start and I am not in hurry.

OK.  Will base skin on No. 13.

Thanks for the compliment and thanks for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 8:42 AM, Beebop said:

As for the pilot(s)  maybe one could be imported (maybe as a mod?) from Battle of Bodenplatte or Battle of Normandy when it comes out.  It would be cool to turn around and see Henry Fonda's face in the back seat.

Hi All,

Not quite Henry Fonda, but it is a USAAF pilot in the U2VS.

It replaces the Russian pilot model with the USAAF pilot model using jsgme, you just install when you want to play as an American. If theres interest I'll sort out an upload. It comes in at 20mb zipped so to big to attach here.

regards Rob.

us pilots.JPG

Edited by Off_Winters

Oh it doesn't have to be Henry Fonda.  It's not a Stinson liaison plane either. 

It works and I'm interested!

(is it JSGME-able?)

Hi All,

link for USAAF pilots flying in place of Russian pilots. It is jsgme ready, place in your MODS folder and activate. When you fly a plane that would usually display a Russian pilot you will now see the season correct American pilot instead.

Whilst you can set the pilot type in the mission editor for some maps and some aircraft you cant do all of them; and quick mission has no options at all for setting country/pilot allegiance. This simple mod allows you to do it.

regards Rob.

EDIT: apologies, I had omitted the files for the P39 which uses a different model set to the rest of the planes that use a Russian pilot. this set  _V3 has them now, if you donwloaded _V2 then please replace with the updated files. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lhttb0eczubs6af/Pilot_USSR_change_to_USAAF_Uniform_V3.rar/file

Edited by Off_Winters
revised attachment content
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Off_Winters said:

Hi All,

Not quite Henry Fonda, but it is a USAAF pilot in the U2VS.

It replaces the Russian pilot model with the USAAF pilot model using jsgme, you just install when you want to play as an American. If theres interest I'll sort out an upload. It comes in at 20mb zipped so to big to attach here.

regards Rob.

us pilots.JPG

Hello Rob ... i would be interested, also in your PSD ... considering buying BoN, as Dev Team support action LoL

Already made a Ju52 in RAF disguise .... I could PM you the PSD if you want to change it into an USA version.

On 10/4/2020 at 6:05 PM, jollyjack said:

Hello Rob ... i would be interested, also in your PSD ... considering buying BoN, as Dev Team support action LoL

Already made a Ju52 in RAF disguise .... I could PM you the PSD if you want to change it into an USA version.

G'day JollyJack,

I use paintshop pro 2020 (.psp file format) if you can use that, then I'm more than happy to send a link to my version of the U2VS template. Photoshop will open it, not sure about GIMP though.
I do not have the US skin layout shown above though, Beebop created that one. My template does have English markings though, and you could easily put in US markings.

And yes I would be keen to see your JU52 template.

regards Rob.

Edited by Off_Winters

Photoshop can import that ... it's on a list for my Cs6 version. Got Gimp too ...

I like the dirt green color, like to try that on other skins like an Il2. PS no Peter Fonda? Paul Hogan?

PS i tested the Uv2s' bombing recently in an autopilot experiment, the Ai behaves weird, but if you change only the plane with a Halberstadt, latter works fine.

Placed in the bug report dept:

Edited by jollyjack

On 6/19/2020 at 11:27 AM, Beebop said:

Again many thanks for the kind words.

I would now like to present my latest U-2VS hack, a purely fictional Fairey Swordfish. 

Sadly no carrier to take off from (yet?), no battleships to attack (yet?) and no torpedoes (yet?).

Still I got this urge....

Swordfish-0.jpg[/url]

Swordfish-1.jpg

Swordfish-2.jpg

Download Link:  https://www.mediafire.com/view/awvnb6ddgv339h3/BBop_Swordfish_Hack_U2VS.dds/file

Also, for those who want  a Battle of France plane, one of my earliest forays into skinning, a hack of the IL-2M42 (with field mount rear gun) as a Boulton-Paul Defiant:

[Boulton-Paul-Defiant-Hack-1.jpg

Boulton-Paul-Defiant-Hack-2.jpg

(This skin also fits the IL-2M43 if you really want to stretch your imagination and use it as a Fairey Battle).

Download Link:  https://www.mediafire.com/view/e3r6ae26v9dzddn/BBop_Boulton_Paul_Hack.dds/file

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this looks a bit more like  the ill fated Fairey Battle...it just needs a few squadron code numbers to made it even closer...

fba1bcdfb89931831b3c8569ee746618.jpg

BTW - What fun! Delighted I stumbled across your posts & skins!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Nearly complete WIP:

Fictional Operation Torch P-40 for the upcoming desert map.
Basically I brought several North African elements together for this.
Some final tweaking to do then I'll post the download link

Torch-P-40-1.jpg[/url
]
Torch-P-40-2.jpg

Torch-P-40-3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

WARNING!  This Post Not For Sensitive Types!

Lately there has been some hand wringing about Hack Skins and especially hacking certain planes.
So, if you are a purist, change the channel NOW!  You won't like what I'm about to show you.

I was making a Cuban Missile Crisis mission 😲 and needed some jets.  So I made some.  🙄

First a US Navy "Skyraider" hack:

A4-D-Skyraider-Hack.jpg

and of course it needs an opponent, in this case a MiG-17:

Mi-G-17-Hack.jpg

Screenshots were taken on meplanes excellent WIP, Kuban_Rangoon which I thought made a good backdrop for this kind of mission.

I'd link them but I just know there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth for the abominations I have created.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

A couple more Ju-52 hacks to go along with the WIP Kuban_Rangoon repaint....

CAF:
CAF-Ju52.jpg

and

CNAC:
CNAC-Ju52.jpg

It's bedtime here in Gonzoland and the sandman is beating me over the head so links will be put up  tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

@SARFlytitus,  Thanks for the compliment to my basic skinning skills.

I realize my work is not for everyone, heck it's just a few but I do like doing it.

• Like 1

I just found this thread a few days ago and I must say that I am a huge fan of your work. I've always enjoyed hack and whatif skins, so this is right up my alley. How do you feel about doing skins for Flying Circus? I have a few WW1 aircraft skin hacks in mind, as well as a few for RoF. 

Thank you @Raptor341 for the compliment.

Actually I have not considered doing hacks/what if's for WWI skins as I see them purely as combat planes whereas say the U-2 for instance can be used as a civilian utility plane when the gun is removed and the Ju-52 can be configured unarmed.   Over at Mission 4 Today I made a mission series called "Jungle Adventures" where I used a late '30s Russian P-5 as the primary plane type, again because it could be configured unarmed.  Hacks of other planes like the LaGG for the Dewontine 520 are based on fuselage similarity. 

Basically I am not that familiar with aircraft of WWI. 

But never one to say no  just because I haven't traveled there and I always love a challenge, what do you have in mind?  I'm all for enlarging my brain.  (I don't have RoF though).

A "hack" because as far as I could discern, no Swallows were done in a snow camouflage.
But when was the last time history stopped me?  😁

censored-262-Winter-Sno-1.jpg

censored-262-Winter-Sno-2.jpg

Skin contains historically correct markings.
If you wish to have this skin without historically correct markings send me a message and I'll gladly provide one.

Available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gg6ad9k53p17yjj/BBop_WinterSno+Me262A.dds/file

Edited by Beebop
  • Like 1

Alright, first WW1 hack for you: Sopwith Camel as the Fokker D.VI (Similar enough lines and performance to be convincing)

Second, the Polikarpov U-2/Po-2 as the Lebed XII.

Third, the Halberstadt CL.II as the Halberstadt D.II in Austro-Hungarian colours might be interesting, or as the AEG C.IVN night bomber (with the colourful hexagon night camo)

Lastly, I always thought the Fokker D.VII could make a somewhat convincing stand-in for the Heinkel He 51 in Spanish Civil War colours.

New hacks for the latest edition of the Desert repaint...

A Desert RAF scheme;

RAF-Desert-U2-1.jpg

RAF-Desert-U2-2.jpg

And an Iraqi Hawker Audax;

Iraqui-Hawker-Audax-1.jpg

Desert RAF Available Here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0khfrqt7wsdiskq/BBop_Desert_RAF_U2VS.dds/file

Iraqi Hawker Audax Available Here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/m4jq4x9joxhiqko/BBop_Iraqi_Hawker_Audax.dds/file

• Like 3

I had the Po-2 Template out from this morning so I thought I would start on one of Raptor341's requests, the U-2 as a Lebed XII of the Russian Empire, circa 1918...

(revised)WIP:

Lebed-XII-0.jpg

Lebed-XII-2.jpg

Pending approval.

Edited by Beebop
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful! I wonder if Pat can throw it in the PWCG :)

In fact, that is what I was hoping was going to happen with this old RoF thread, re-skinning the Iyla Muromets as a German R-type for the PWCG as a stand-in aircraft (which I feel would have, and still would, work quite well).

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/44863-skin-idea-ilya-muromets-skinned-german-r-type-bomber/

Also, I forgot to suggest the Bristol F.2B as the Dorand AR.1 (could be interesting)

I'm sure I could come up with a few more

some great skins! since the U2 appears in the other countries' colors, would love to have the U-2 painted up as a Bucker Bu 131

or a U-2 in KMT colors to match my nationlist chinese i-16😍

Edited by Esel_kong

48 minutes ago, Esel_kong said:

would love to have the U-2 painted up as a Bucker Bu 131

Thanks for your kind comment.

No promises (work is starting to stack up) but....

...as what country?
Swiss, Yugoslavian, Hungary, Nationalist Spain, German, (what kind of timeframe/camo?), even the Japanese used it as the Ki-86A, Civilian?

Edited by Beebop

26 minutes ago, Beebop said:

Thanks for your kind comment.

No promises (work is starting to stack up) but....

...as what country?
Swiss, Yugoslavian, Hungary, Nationalist Spain, German, (what kind of timeframe/camo?), even the Japanese used it as the Ki-86A, Civilian?

oh so cool! oh a tough choice to choose one hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i think just one of the following - whatever you think would be interesting or easiest, just one. hungary, germany (sans the swatiska) and china are the skins i like to tool around in and explore so doesnt matter which one.     please no worries if too busy!

image.jpg

AZeSLlUNNbNToPLcNeLFYPhjYdfyf9TLss0y15_w

3139_rd.jpg

Edited by Esel_kong

After much tweaking and finding yet another thing to change, I have settled on this as the Lebed XII Hack Final:

Lebed-Final-1.jpg

Lebed-Final-2.jpg

Lebed-Final-3.jpg

Download it HERE:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kxsqqgh0ekccm7n/BBop_Lebed_XII_U2VS.dds/file

@Esel-kong,

I'll give them both a shot.  The German one won't be too difficult as it's all one color.

As for the German markings, do you want that number and letter code? 

Would you like the diamond to replace the swastika as shown, the Great Battles "official" swastika placeholder, some other design or just a blank rudder?

Edited by Beebop
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beebop said:

@Esel-kong,

I'll give them both a shot.  The German one won't be too difficult as it's all one color.

As for the German markings, do you want that number and letter code? 

Would you like the diamond to replace the swastika as shown, the Great Battles "official" swastika placeholder, some other design or just a blank rudder?

Hey Beebop! I think blank tail is good and no letters or codes, make them generic so not too personalized for the others. very cool, thanks!!!!!!! imperial russian one looks great btw 😄

Edited by Esel_kong

14 minutes ago, Esel_kong said:

I think blank tail is good and no letters or codes,

Umm, OK.

Just got done with these.  I can take off the codes.

Early Bu.131 WIP's:

Bu-131-1.jpg

Bu-131-2.jpg

Bu-131-3.jpg

Comments?

As for the "Chinese Stearman"...of course YOU are the customer but as far as I could discern the Chinese never flew planes using late 30's USAAC colors.  Neither did any have the 'White Sun Blue Sky' roundel on the tail.  If that's what you want I will gladly do it for you as pictured.  Otherwise I can make something that would look more 'historic'.

It's bedtime now so I will continue tomorrow and unless I see something different from you and I will present a CAF style Bu.131 for your purusal.

Edited by Beebop

1 hour ago, Beebop said:

Umm, OK.

Just got done with these.  I can take off the codes.

Early Bu.131 WIP's:

Bu-131-1.jpg

Bu-131-2.jpg

Bu-131-3.jpg

Comments?

As for the "Chinese Stearman"...of course YOU are the customer but as far as I could discern the Chinese never flew planes using late 30's USAAC colors.  Neither did any have the 'White Sun Blue Sky' roundel on the tail.  If that's what you want I will gladly do it for you as pictured.  Otherwise I can make something that would look more 'historic'.

It's bedtime now so I will continue tomorrow and unless I see something different from you and I will present a CAF style Bu.131 for your purusal.

oh sweet!!!!!!! codes are fine as they are, thanks!!!!!!

hmmm ill look up some historical chinese things from the 20s and 30s, see what i can find

thanks!!!

Here is a WIP of a  Po-2 hack for the Chinese National Air Force.

I have several things to correct still but it gives you an idea of more correct colors and markings.

CAF-WIP-1.jpg

CAF-WIP-2.jpg

Code is optional (and fully fictional as this number was used on a Gloster Gladiator)

Let me know if this is what you are looking for or post a scheme you would rather have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two more hacks ready...

Buckner Bu.131:

Bu-131-Final.jpg

Two versions available;
No Swastika:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jh10sdyg0hub2k2/BBop_German_Bu.131_noswa_U2VS.dds/file

and

Historical Rudder marking:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wgn2x0szq2aftju/BBop_German_Bu.131_swas_U2VS.dds/file

plus,

Chinese National Air Force:
(would go well with the upcoming Rangoon repaint)

CAF-Final.jpg

Available HERE:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wew9n7x3dxgdfoq/BBop_CAF_U2VS.dds/file

• Like 1