Beebop

Beebop's Hack Shack

14 minutes ago, UF_kerlir said:

Yes the number 13 is a good exemple.Your WIP is a very good start and I am not in hurry.

OK.  Will base skin on No. 13.

Thanks for the compliment and thanks for your patience.

Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2020 at 8:42 AM, Beebop said:

As for the pilot(s)  maybe one could be imported (maybe as a mod?) from Battle of Bodenplatte or Battle of Normandy when it comes out.  It would be cool to turn around and see Henry Fonda's face in the back seat.

Hi All,

Not quite Henry Fonda, but it is a USAAF pilot in the U2VS.

It replaces the Russian pilot model with the USAAF pilot model using jsgme, you just install when you want to play as an American. If theres interest I'll sort out an upload. It comes in at 20mb zipped so to big to attach here.

regards Rob.

us pilots.JPG

Edited by Off_Winters

Oh it doesn't have to be Henry Fonda.  It's not a Stinson liaison plane either. 

It works and I'm interested!

(is it JSGME-able?)

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

link for USAAF pilots flying in place of Russian pilots. It is jsgme ready, place in your MODS folder and activate. When you fly a plane that would usually display a Russian pilot you will now see the season correct American pilot instead.

Whilst you can set the pilot type in the mission editor for some maps and some aircraft you cant do all of them; and quick mission has no options at all for setting country/pilot allegiance. This simple mod allows you to do it.

regards Rob.

EDIT: apologies, I had omitted the files for the P39 which uses a different model set to the rest of the planes that use a Russian pilot. this set  _V3 has them now, if you donwloaded _V2 then please replace with the updated files. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lhttb0eczubs6af/Pilot_USSR_change_to_USAAF_Uniform_V3.rar/file

Edited by Off_Winters
revised attachment content
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Off_Winters said:

Hi All,

Not quite Henry Fonda, but it is a USAAF pilot in the U2VS.

It replaces the Russian pilot model with the USAAF pilot model using jsgme, you just install when you want to play as an American. If theres interest I'll sort out an upload. It comes in at 20mb zipped so to big to attach here.

regards Rob.

us pilots.JPG

Hello Rob ... i would be interested, also in your PSD ... considering buying BoN, as Dev Team support action LoL

Already made a Ju52 in RAF disguise .... I could PM you the PSD if you want to change it into an USA version.

Posted (edited)
On 10/4/2020 at 6:05 PM, jollyjack said:

Hello Rob ... i would be interested, also in your PSD ... considering buying BoN, as Dev Team support action LoL

Already made a Ju52 in RAF disguise .... I could PM you the PSD if you want to change it into an USA version.

G'day JollyJack,

I use paintshop pro 2020 (.psp file format) if you can use that, then I'm more than happy to send a link to my version of the U2VS template. Photoshop will open it, not sure about GIMP though.
I do not have the US skin layout shown above though, Beebop created that one. My template does have English markings though, and you could easily put in US markings.

And yes I would be keen to see your JU52 template.

regards Rob.

Edited by Off_Winters

Posted (edited)

Photoshop can import that ... it's on a list for my Cs6 version. Got Gimp too ...

I like the dirt green color, like to try that on other skins like an Il2. PS no Peter Fonda? Paul Hogan?

PS i tested the Uv2s' bombing recently in an autopilot experiment, the Ai behaves weird, but if you change only the plane with a Halberstadt, latter works fine.

Placed in the bug report dept:

Edited by jollyjack

On 6/19/2020 at 11:27 AM, Beebop said:

Again many thanks for the kind words.

I would now like to present my latest U-2VS hack, a purely fictional Fairey Swordfish. 

Sadly no carrier to take off from (yet?), no battleships to attack (yet?) and no torpedoes (yet?).

Still I got this urge....

Swordfish-0.jpg[/url]

Swordfish-1.jpg

Swordfish-2.jpg

Download Link:  https://www.mediafire.com/view/awvnb6ddgv339h3/BBop_Swordfish_Hack_U2VS.dds/file

Also, for those who want  a Battle of France plane, one of my earliest forays into skinning, a hack of the IL-2M42 (with field mount rear gun) as a Boulton-Paul Defiant:

[Boulton-Paul-Defiant-Hack-1.jpg

Boulton-Paul-Defiant-Hack-2.jpg

(This skin also fits the IL-2M43 if you really want to stretch your imagination and use it as a Fairey Battle).

Download Link:  https://www.mediafire.com/view/e3r6ae26v9dzddn/BBop_Boulton_Paul_Hack.dds/file

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this looks a bit more like  the ill fated Fairey Battle...it just needs a few squadron code numbers to made it even closer...

fba1bcdfb89931831b3c8569ee746618.jpg

BTW - What fun! Delighted I stumbled across your posts & skins!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Nearly complete WIP:

Fictional Operation Torch P-40 for the upcoming desert map.
Basically I brought several North African elements together for this.
Some final tweaking to do then I'll post the download link

Torch-P-40-1.jpg[/url
]
Torch-P-40-2.jpg

Torch-P-40-3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

WARNING!  This Post Not For Sensitive Types!

Lately there has been some hand wringing about Hack Skins and especially hacking certain planes.
So, if you are a purist, change the channel NOW!  You won't like what I'm about to show you.

I was making a Cuban Missile Crisis mission 😲 and needed some jets.  So I made some.  🙄

First a US Navy "Skyraider" hack:

A4-D-Skyraider-Hack.jpg

and of course it needs an opponent, in this case a MiG-17:

Mi-G-17-Hack.jpg

Screenshots were taken on meplanes excellent WIP, Kuban_Rangoon which I thought made a good backdrop for this kind of mission.

I'd link them but I just know there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth for the abominations I have created.

• Haha 1

Thanks messsucher. :thank_you:

Of course to get those photos of the Russian missiles you would need a U-2:

U-2-1.jpg

U-2-2.jpg

• Like 1

A couple more Ju-52 hacks to go along with the WIP Kuban_Rangoon repaint....

CAF:
CAF-Ju52.jpg

and

CNAC:
CNAC-Ju52.jpg

It's bedtime here in Gonzoland and the sandman is beating me over the head so links will be put up  tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

@Beebop  I must to admit, non my kind of skin-hacks, but nonetheless enjoyable and well painted!  Have fun! 😉

• Thanks 1

@SARFlytitus,  Thanks for the compliment to my basic skinning skills.

I realize my work is not for everyone, heck it's just a few but I do like doing it.

• Like 1

I just found this thread a few days ago and I must say that I am a huge fan of your work. I've always enjoyed hack and whatif skins, so this is right up my alley. How do you feel about doing skins for Flying Circus? I have a few WW1 aircraft skin hacks in mind, as well as a few for RoF. 

Thank you @Raptor341 for the compliment.

Actually I have not considered doing hacks/what if's for WWI skins as I see them purely as combat planes whereas say the U-2 for instance can be used as a civilian utility plane when the gun is removed and the Ju-52 can be configured unarmed.   Over at Mission 4 Today I made a mission series called "Jungle Adventures" where I used a late '30s Russian P-5 as the primary plane type, again because it could be configured unarmed.  Hacks of other planes like the LaGG for the Dewontine 520 are based on fuselage similarity. 

Basically I am not that familiar with aircraft of WWI. 

But never one to say no  just because I haven't traveled there and I always love a challenge, what do you have in mind?  I'm all for enlarging my brain.  (I don't have RoF though).

Beautiful, would love to see more Coastal Command skins (as a naval aviator I might be biased)

WW1 aircraft skin ideas coming