pierrelom

TC Sound Test

Tiger tank more or less done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

V2 Diesels reworked

GM6046's reworked

• Like 2

I am only concentrating on external sounds for now except for the Sherman, I have reasonable sound recordings for the Sherman interior. Reworking the Tiger as well to replicate the distinctive drivetrain whine of German armour. Difficult as I have to bind the sound to maybe full revs sound or tracks, the last which is shared with the KV tank.

Panther I will leave as is. It was a loud tank due to its exhaust system design, it basically growled its way through the battlefields of ww2. It gave fair warning that it is prowling around, especially in the hedgerow counties of Normandy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jeez, the German armour gives me a headache. Why did they not standardise like the rest of the world. Russian practicality vs German complexity.

Tiger done. With drive train whine

• Thanks 2

Just an anecdote from my father (RIP, served in North Africa, Italy and France):

Tiger: sometimes heard very seldom seen and everyone knew someone who fought one.

Panther: crewed by fanatical youths with the tactical sense of mud.

PAK, Stug and Pz 4: hated and feared. Crewed by veterans who learned their trade in Russia and Italy, and were still alive in ‘44/45.

• Like 3

OK, think I am done for the moment. The alpha version is linked below. It is a large file as it contains the masterbank.bank file. There is unfortunately no other way to do it. Note that the KV and SU's share the T34 sound files. I have tested it on my system and all seems to work.

NB. As always back-up your files, and keep them safe somewhere when activating mods.

Use a mod activator to enable the mod (beware the double folder error). The file structure in the mod folder should be: TC_sound _alpha/data/Audio/bank files

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T5SGHvM-R_V2PovKdUyBpXRMkVADjtFt/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just tried out your sounds today, and must say, they sound really good.  Thank you for making them.  I will enjoy using them.

Barry

• Upvote 1

Thanks, not done completely yet but I will wait for the next update and the Ferdinand (with electric drives) to see what changes in the sound engine. I got send good factory wartime recordings (without Goebbel's incessant verbal bigotry) of the early tiger that I plan to remaster and get in game.

• Thanks 1

Blilliant work indeed mate! Well done! Any update about the Ferdinand engine sound?

Salute!

Thanks, tied up a bit with work currently, will give some attention to sounds over the weekend

• Upvote 1

Excellent and, again, many thanks for your hard and extraordinary work about this! Keep up the good work mate! Salute!

So great! :yahoo: Is still compatible with version 4.009? thanks 👍

• Upvote 1