Sound test (aliasing sounds)

Not perfect but a lot closer to the biggest, meanest engines ever designed to drive a prop. I just aliased external engine sounds to better, more realistic sounding sound samples in game to my liking.The big V's and radials were all based on the same engineering design principles and sounded more or less the same to the untrained ear, and quite frankly it does a hell of a lot more for immersion. Sounds changed for decidedly weak sounding aircraft that I fly often (single player) ie:

Lagg, La5, Pe series, Ju88, He111, FW190-A8/D9, Yak7/9

Unzip and activate with mod enabler (beware double folder error). Folder structure in mod folder should be Snd_test1/data/luascripts/sound/planes/aircraft sound cfg files

Snd_test1.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Currently busy with TC engine sounds. Will concentrate on aircraft once done. The interim solution was to alias existing sounds (few to choose from). TC, I am reworking the actual sound files; same later on for aircraft.

What exactly do you mean by sound aliasing?

All I see is you changed some of the samples of the planes to point to a different egine:

• Yak9 points to Allison engine
  • Ju88 pointing to AM 35 engine of the IL2.
Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 11:26 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

What exactly do you mean by sound aliasing?

All I see is you changed some of the samples of the planes to point to a different egine:

• Yak9 points to Allison engine
  • Ju88 pointing to AM 35 engine of the IL2.

Have you ever seen those videos of a helicopter where it looks like the blades are standing still or turning very slowly due to the timing of the sample? Think along those lines but for sound and that's aliasing.

I'd always thought the attenuation was too high for certain sounds, especially exhaust sounds from the rear of all aircraft in external views but pierrelom might be onto something.

I guess I can't use this online?

Edited by Ace_Pilto
seemed like a good idea at the time
  • 1 month later...
On 6/15/2020 at 5:16 PM, pierrelom said:

Not perfect but a lot closer to the biggest, meanest engines ever designed to drive a prop. I just aliased external engine sounds to better, more realistic sounding sound samples in game to my liking.The big V's and radials were all based on the same engineering design principles and sounded more or less the same to the untrained ear, and quite frankly it does a hell of a lot more for immersion. Sounds changed for decidedly weak sounding aircraft that I fly often (single player) ie:

Lagg, La5, Pe series, Ju88, He111, FW190-A8/D9, Yak7/9

Unzip and activate with mod enabler (beware double folder error). Folder structure in mod folder should be Snd_test1/data/luascripts/sound/planes/aircraft sound cfg files

Snd_test1.zip 33.51 kB · 48 downloads

Any chance for sound improvements for the Bf-110? Since one of the last official updates brokes the engine and RPM sounds and they are flat and weak now.